Saotome Senshu, Hitakakusu - Vol. 10 Ch. 120 - Saotome Senshu, In Love

Dex-chan lover
Fu...

Excitement for his victory, almost yelled for her leap to reach him...figured that an animated scene of this fight + You Say Run would have been perfect...

Then, utter disappointment for the axe.

Goddammit.

EDIT : also, no. If you like this manga you CAN’T be fine with this; part of the whole setup was Saotome going to the Olympic games and win, so even if author shows her winning, it would be extremely rushed (And I doubt that we’ll se so far away in the future, but whatever).
It’s missing so much awaited things...her rematch againts the policewoman, the next tournament, ecc ecc...that even if it gives a “proper” ending it will always be incomplete.

Dex-chan lover
But it does still feels kinda unfinished. MC's sudden comeback in the fight feels like a wonder, that was necessary for a happy end, and there really are still many subplots untouched. Also the main couple's relationship progressed smoothly, slowly but steady (which made this story so great), it really doesn't feel at the end of this plots journey. The series has a feel to it like it has been planed out to last at least another 30-40 chapters (if it isn't even just halfway finished). @frubam beat me to it, but I also thought that image of him falling would be how it would have played out, if the manga would have continued and that the author wanted to show just that. The inbound media drama and the messing of the principal and mayor would also have made for a decent drama with a fine closure and heaps of justice in the end. MC failing as a boxer, but ruling as a coach. A bit of heartbreak for the side girls. A bit of development for the side characters.

But, well. It's not unthinkable, that he withstood those blows and that his rival is weak to hits. The image of MC falling, but then still standing in the end, is also a nice way of fooling the readers and increasing the tension. Fucking up the principle and major's drama by just jumping in might also happen this way in RL (And wasn't that just glorious 😆?). The side girls being left in the rain also feels rather RL if you think about it. Unrequited love. Too bad.

All in all, not that unrealistic for an ending. It feels rushed from a storytelling standpoint, but hey. And another 4 chapters for a decent ending? That's not too shabby. There are other mangas, that blow such a window and still felt rushed. Let's see how this mangaka handles it.

But to really express my feeling: NOOOOOO! Not another tomboy manga axed!

Double-page supporter
Well this clearly got fucking axed. Rip. Don't see why considering, aside from this latest arc, it was doing quite well.

Dex-chan lover
Wtf in 4 chapters!? Couldn’t it have ended atleast at 130 for a nice split >>...

Hopefully there’s a good resolute ending that doesn’t feel rushed

Right before that last, priceless panel...

...I was almost certain, ("Certain" being my word for "Desperately Hoping"), that Saotome would land on him in a typical Rito Yuki "Lucky Pervert" pratfall and end up sitting on his face!

But this was still quite the satisfying end to the chapter. Let's hope that the last few chapters will tie up the loose ends well. (The opposition to this romance by the overbearing and selfish Principal and the Mayor, among others)

Also, kudos to that image of their faithful winggirl cheering Saotome on while everyone else was looking shocked. That image was also priceless!!!

Dex-chan lover
Oh shit he actually won.

Now we can have an ending with children.

Last chapter I felt if he didn't win I would drop it, no point now since the series is ending in 4 chapters plus he actually won and it felt good. I understand a story like this can't last forever, but felt they were going to do more since the one younger sister is going to the school next year and we have several hints of Saotome possibly getting to the level of the older boxers plus Milky stuff. Satoru came back but it felt kinda rushed like boom it happened and the series is ending. Did this not sell well or is there more behind the scenes? KInda hoping maybe a sequel manga comes out, but I doubt it. It just seems weird because there is clear setup for future developments like what was the point of adding the younger sister was coming to the school the next year or why is the subplot with the picture suddenly ending now that it will end in 4 chapters, why was there setup and clear hints at a further look into Saotome's boxing career and now that Satoru won maybe a career of his own? As I said I understand not all manga run for 400+ chapters, but it feels clear there was setup for more and how the author carried those subplots out was very vague and now its over.

Dex-chan lover
damn it, i enjoyed this one too much to have it drop now. I swear there's still a ton of room for them to do stuff.

Mito - KEIKAKU DOORI 🤩

I swear if that retard mayor or whoever it is messes things up I'm breaking the 4th wall to go give them a beating myself. 🤬

Let these dorks have their happy ending!

Dex-chan lover
Page 6 is very nice. Kinda feels like he is leaving his pasts defeats behind.
Saotome hugging her man despite the principal watching feels goood.
Thx for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
@gigagiga
I guess it just really goes to show that your series has to get lucky or bring a lot to the table to avoid getting the axe. I guess the series just wasn't good enough sadly or maybe the reception of the latest arc was just THAT bad

Dex-chan lover
@Glomoro
Well of course it's gonna feel rushed or axed when you leave so many unanswered questions and unfinished plot lines. What's the point at hinting at anything if in the end you're just gonna go "LOL! Never mind!"

Users who are viewing this thread