Sasaki and Miyano - Vol. 10 Ch. 51

Dex-chan lover
It was kinda obvious he was gonna find out but I hope he isn't a dick and outs him to anyone at the college :angery:

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for posting!

A few things that get lost in translation (nature of the beast):
”…I work at a small bar.”
Was originally “…— at a small bar?” I think the ”?” Indicates a slight reluctance to share details.
Yes, he’s a somewhat private person, but I’m 70% on that being a gay bar. Like, he “whoops”ed into it and has to awkwardly deal with questions about his boyfriend and he hates and and it’s gonna be hilarious.

Miyano’s friend always uses “boyfriend“ in his internal dialogue. Never “partner”.
He’s always focused on the gayness…
He cannot seem to grasp that people could be queer and fine with it! What happened to this boy, growing up?!
“People hide that!” as he smashes his hand over Tashiro’s mouth so hard he falls over. “Isn’t it hard to flirt [when there are so many people around]? … Things really are normal [for you two], huh.” Sneakily follows them on their date because he can’t believe it! SWEATS WHEN HE THINKS ABOUT IT.
Is he in the closet with himself?
Is his uncle or something deep in the closet?
Is his family vocally homophobic?
He was half-retconned into the story for a reason! Harusono sensei cares about realism in representation. (She literally told me. It was during a stream, so it’s not a HUGE name-drop.) I want to know how it plays out!

the thing Mr Glasses says last is “ “cute”, huh?” I believe he is referring to when Sasaki was asked to describe his S.O. and he said “…cute.” I have no idea how to get that across, and I’m not 100% on that anyway.
I hope he deletes the pic after he shows it to Sasaki.
Note: Don’t take shots of people who’ve vaguely avoided coming out IN BED WITH THEIR PARTNER. Even if it’s a wholesome nap.
Mention seeing, it in private.

Fed-Kun's army
Nah, I don’t think he will.
I think he’s pretty well-informed. Pretty well-informed on cosmetics, too. Doubt that’s his major, so maybe a theatre kid? Or 🏳️‍⚧️?
i was thinking he was a cosplayer! to be fair i havent read in a while so i forgot the details of his character, but at the event, he said "there might be people here who know me." and whenever he goes out he wears his large glasses, mask, and pushes his hair in front of his face. and he fully appreciated how well put-together kurasawa's outfit was (i think it was kurasawa, like i said its been a while). i think he might be a really popular cosplayer who doesnt want to get recognized in public maybe?

Dex-chan lover
Ooooooooooh…
That makes sense!

I forget about cosplaying a lot. I don’t know why.
Especially weird since the same basic character concept is in “Crossplay Love: Otaku and Punk” (I hate the translated title slightly more than the original one which I really don’t like).
Isn’t one of the main characters.

To quote something a friend was wont to say once upon a time: “Why is my mind so stupid?”

Dex-chan lover
Yeah they are, why are you snapping a picture though?!

king, what if they don't wanna be open about their relationship like that?

Dex-chan lover
…Hol up.
I’ve been pretty sure Shirahama has one pride flag or another to wave for a while (not that he knows it), but Myaa-chan is taken!
And one of your friends!
This is not the best way to awake the gayness within!

Shit is about to get awkward.

Dude is thinking waaaaaaay too much about the homosexuality of things.
“They’re probably alone, now. This is making me itchy[I don’t know what the idiom is, specifically. “Anxious” “irritated” “awkward” “uncomfortable”]”

Soooooo suss.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I LOVE SASAKI TO MIYANO!!!
Absolutely extremely underrated in the west!
MASSIVE deal in japan.
Two seasons of the show (too rushed), movie, two spinoff novels (Hirano to Kagiura manga is bland and full of filler. Good part is “they are cute near each other, Hirano loses his earrings, they go to Kagi-kun’s family home for summer break, Hirano is jealous of a big, warm family, is given earrings. The rest is what they’re studying and the weather and shit), a spin-off manga (which bangs), bunch of merch…
Sad news: It’s ending in Miyano’s first year of college. Not sure when, but that’s been announced.

Artist is nice and kind and kinda shy. Terrible taste in music for (very rare) streams.

In all, the popularity reminds me of the reverse when Fruits Basket was a huge deal over here in the 00s, but not in Japan.
No Japanese person I knew had heard of it. It had huge displays in bookstores in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread