Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Mitsuha Goes to Another World

Dex-chan lover
So how many years will it take before they catch up or how fast will they abandon the project due to lack interest?

So how many years will it take before they catch up or how fast will they abandon the project due to lack interest?
This is Kodansha. Their English releases are already up to Volume 5, and 6 is slated to release soon.

Dex-chan lover
Sure, having the US DoD establish an international taskforce to hunt and subdue Mitsuha, the Bezos Family plans to assassinate her, and her lesbian harem is in open revolt against her. Saving 80k gold is NOT a power fantasy because Mitsuha's actions absolutely are coming to bite her in the ass and if you cant see that from the first fracture in the Harem during the road trip where Sabine and Colette begin The War for the Loli you have no idea just what the story is really about. Having a typically "power fantasy" power doesnt mean the story is inherently a power fantasy. Mitsuha forgetting to visit the Bezos when they arrive in the capital is implied to be due to the stress of initially establishing the general store and overcommitting to the debutante ball. Mitsuha has to succeed for her downfall to be compelling.

I Shall Survive Using Potions's core conflict is that all of Kaoru's, Ryoko's, and Kyoko's morality, objectives, and logic are fundamentally incompatible, and that they are not benefitted by their powers to the point they actually are more dangerous to them then just being normal people because it turns out Celestine is both a hopeless romantic idiot ditz AND a Yandere so her bouquets of flowers will be preserved as long as physically possible. Its especially obvious once you actually get KKR Together and the little silver's plan has no remote corrolation to gaining power, authority, or bitches for any of the 3 girls looking to get laid while the new orphans look at the 3 like "Are all Gods/Angels fucking insane idiots who know nothing and care for orphans? They also know theyre not being subtle right, like thats clearly Archangel Kaoru from the Book of The Angel doing Kaoru the Angel things."

Average Abilities is the only one of 3 that fits a power fantasy and thats because the MC is literally cursed with divinity, and a major conflict is the gap between Independence and Obligation. It should have concluded about 2/3rds of the way through book 18 because the story of The Crimson Vow was concluded because of the Avengers Assemble scene. But if you dont understand why Mile doesnt explain anything until book 17 is that Mile doesnt believe that Kurihara Misato was likeable and she is defined by her anxiety of her crippling fear of social isolation and its only being actually challenged on her web of lies that gets her accepted

Sure, having the US DoD establish an international taskforce to hunt and subdue Mitsuha, the Bezos Family plans to assassinate her, and her lesbian harem is in open revolt against her.
I have literally no idea what you're on about, and it impacts my willingness to read through the rest.
if you cant see that from the first fracture in the Harem during the road trip where Sabine and Colette begin The War for the Loli you have no idea just what the story is really about.
Yeah, it's getting worse.

I Shall Survive Using Potions's core conflict is that all of Kaoru's, Ryoko's, and Kyoko's morality,
Literally who? I'm going to stop reading, because you're not making any sense.

Dex-chan lover
so you dont understand what character development is or the purpose of foreshadowing. Saving 80k gold is a Tragedy/Spy Thriller and a good tragedy has us see the protagonist succeed before they fall and every fissure they drive into the foundation of their life. Ryoko and Kyoko promise to join Kaoru during the farewell dreams and they show up after Deicide. potions is the worst FUNA series overal but thats because the majority of the material is in the "Season 1" period where FUNA had no idea what theyre doing with the series and the restriction that FUNA Protagonists cant do anything the other protagonists do until KKR is formed.

so you dont understand what character development is or the purpose of foreshadowing.
I do. What a weird thing to say. :questionblob:

potions is the worst FUNA series overal but thats because the majority of the material is in the "Season 1" period where FUNA had no idea what theyre doing with the series and the restriction that FUNA Protagonists cant do anything the other protagonists do until KKR is formed.
I get the feeling you're bringing up material from several volumes later, just to tell me that my impression of the early content, which by your own admission, the author had literally no idea what he's, or she, doing, is "wrong". I'm guessing the power fantasy I pointed out gets turned into something else after the author wakes the fuck up and actually takes the story somewhere.

But nobody is talking about the later content, because this is about the early stuff. You know, the ridiculous power fantasies where everything works out great for the psychopathic FMC.

Users who are viewing this thread