Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement

FUNA isekais have a lot of logical/plot inconsistencies. On a scale of 1-10, power utilization is an F.

MC greatly under utilizes their power, frequently makes simple mistakes, and overlooks key factors.

As a result, the story seems like it was written in a rush, and not well. The ramifications of the power, the world, and character decisions are not fleshed out.

Double-page supporter
There's just so much wrong with this manga. Dont get me wrong I am enjoying it but it has some MASSIVE moral dubiousness about it.
My observations:

1. She's a massive bullshit artist. Like literally every single issue she tells some sort of lie or makes up something to the point where she even has difficulty remembering how much crap she's spewed.
2. Her motivation is just plain awful. Make money. Worse - it's make money by doing the isekai equivalent of trading plastic beads for gold. She simply just teleports into a pound store, buys up a load of cheap crap and then flogs it for literal gold and silver.
3. She's got a weird kid fetish - if she were a guy then Collette's parents would have horsewhipped her and the King would have thrown her in a dungeon.
4. She has a horrific cheat ability that she's not really using. She can teleport. She could literally grab a dude and then magic him onto the moon. That's so ridiculously overpowered its not even funny. Like Thanos level overpowered.
5. She's morally a bit of a shit. Has no qualms about shooting people. Doesn't seem to have any guilt about her actions, lies like she breathing. I think the only time we see any sort of introspection is being embarrassed by people treating like an object of religious reverence.

Basically I see this woman as a sort of Donald Trump like character although she's considerably more intelligent. But she's so self-serving and materialistic it's not even funny. And no-one seems to call her out on her bullshit which is the weird thing - the Count AND the mercenary both know that she's telling porkies by this point.

It's certainly true that she's a conman, but

1. She's also doing a lot of good
2. Overall she's not malicious, her lies are mostly done to protect herself.
3. If she was malicious she would be doing the things you say she should e.g. teleport someone to the moon.
4. There is nothing wrong with her shooting some slave trafficking racist asshats in order to defend herself and the villagers. The fact that you have an issue with this shows there's something wrong with your own values.
5. Her trade is mostly in things like Shampoo etc, stuff that the people of that world cannot create on their own with their technology. There's nothing wrong with that, it's basic supply and demand, the only thing she traded for lots of gold is the necklace, which is a real necklace that was expensive even in the original world.

Dex-chan lover
Had the opportunity to binge read this and I just want to say I'm now a bit disappointed with how the story progresses. I first like the idea of her just selling stuff as a merchant but now she has her own fief to govern and it made the story divert from its original plot. Has she been earning money as she intended? Also, the ridiculousness of being "worshipped" in every panel is so weird. It feels like the mangaka needs to remind us she has been great and people are worshipping her. i have no problem if that's how the story goes but the execution is just rushed and so obvious. The story now just feels like what you'll get if you compile a bunch of special extras and name it as a new chapter.
That's how pointless it has become.

Double-page supporter
4. There is nothing wrong with her shooting some slave trafficking racist asshats in order to defend herself and the villagers. The fact that you have an issue with this shows there's something wrong with your own values.
Ok that's quite rude. Just for the record and so that you can understand how insulting what you just said was - if you had said that in front of me face to face I probably would have done something violent.
Did I insult you or your values? Have we engaged before? I don't think so - so why do you have to insult me?

For the record I find the concept of casual murder of anyone be it a slaving racist asshat in a manga novel or a rude, insulting pr*ck on a manga forum to be extremely unpleasant. Kick the living cr*p out of them, sure, but casual killing is a nono. And this happy insouciance to the act of murdering people and your casual insulting certainly speaks tons about your character as well too. So up yours and blocked.

But back to the manga I was in fact alluding more to the point that usually people have a certain level of squeamishness about murder - and that's definitely true of women. I was more mentioning the point that she seems casually sociopathic about hurting people or even lying to further her interests. In the latest issue she with absolutely no qualms shoots an innocent messenger who stupidly walks into her room thinking that he has the right to do so because the hotel manager ok'ed it. Now YES she had the right to do so - single woman alone in a bedroom, sure the right is on her side - but that messenger had no idea of what was about to happen since most noble ladies would have attendants and the like. He just wanted to deliver an important letter and go. He was just doing his job (badly) and got shot for it. It's like she wants to shoot people. That's not right.

Power Uploader
Ok that's quite rude. Just for the record and so that you can understand how insulting what you just said was - if you had said that in front of me face to face I probably would have done something violent.
Did I insult you or your values? Have we engaged before? I don't think so - so why do you have to insult me?

For the record I find the concept of casual murder of anyone be it a slaving racist asshat in a manga novel or a rude, insulting pr*ck on a manga forum to be extremely unpleasant. Kick the living cr*p out of them, sure, but casual killing is a nono. And this happy insouciance to the act of murdering people and your casual insulting certainly speaks tons about your character as well too. So up yours and blocked.

But back to the manga I was in fact alluding more to the point that usually people have a certain level of squeamishness about murder - and that's definitely true of women. I was more mentioning the point that she seems casually sociopathic about hurting people or even lying to further her interests. In the latest issue she with absolutely no qualms shoots an innocent messenger who stupidly walks into her room thinking that he has the right to do so because the hotel manager ok'ed it. Now YES she had the right to do so - single woman alone in a bedroom, sure the right is on her side - but that messenger had no idea of what was about to happen since most noble ladies would have attendants and the like. He just wanted to deliver an important letter and go. He was just doing his job (badly) and got shot for it. It's like she wants to shoot people. That's not right.
She's based idc

Let me get this right, if some slaver comes to you with a knife in hand and says "YOUR ASS IS MINE" and you have a gun in your hand, you are not going to shoot him? you are just going to drop the gun and let him ENSLAVE YOU? just because "IT'S BAD TO SHOOT PEOPLE"? you are literally going to get your ass enslaved just so your mind is clear that you are not a bad man, instead you are just completely retarded... is that what you are saying?

and don't start with this "RUDE THIS, RUDE THAT" you are calling mitsuha "SHIT", I'm going to defend her lol.

Double-page supporter
Let me get this right, if some slaver comes to you with a knife in hand and says "YOUR ASS IS MINE" and you have a gun in your hand, you are not going to shoot him? you are just going to drop the gun and let him ENSLAVE YOU? just because "IT'S BAD TO SHOOT PEOPLE"? you are literally going to get your ass enslaved just so your mind is clear that you are not a bad man, instead you are just completely retarded... is that what you are saying?

and don't start with this "RUDE THIS, RUDE THAT" you are calling mitsuha "SHIT", I'm going to defend her lol.
No that's dumb - the messenger was expecting to walk into a waiting room with attendants who would then pass on his message to the Countess - that's the normal expectation of his world and it's cultural attitudes to lords and ladies and what to do when messengers come by. But Mitsuha is wilfully imposing her cultural attitudes on this world - her cultural approach is that she hires a room and is self sufficient - she doesn't require aides and attendants. But the messenger doesn't know that - the hotel owner doesn't know that - she basically just shot a guy who was doing his job because she is wilfully ignoring the standard customs and practices of the world she's in. That makes her a bit of an arsehole.

Flip this on its head - if you were told to deliver a message to someone, knocked on her door and expected to pass on a message in person but then got horsewhipped/shot because you didn't curtsy to some stupid dressed lady because you didn't know noble messenger etiquette then you'd probably be thinking that the lady's a massive see you en tee.

Not every person who comes into your presence wants to rape/murder/enslave you. Sure, shoot away if they do. But you need to read the situation and assess what to do. But just blindly pull a pistol out and start shooting?? No - that's what arseholes do.

I'll say it again - she's a bit of a shitty person

No that's dumb - the messenger was expecting to walk into a waiting room with attendants who would then pass on his message to the Countess - that's the normal expectation of his world and it's cultural attitudes to lords and ladies and what to do when messengers come by. But Mitsuha is wilfully imposing her cultural attitudes on this world - her cultural approach is that she hires a room and is self sufficient - she doesn't require aides and attendants. But the messenger doesn't know that - the hotel owner doesn't know that - she basically just shot a guy who was doing his job because she is wilfully ignoring the standard customs and practices of the world she's in. That makes her a bit of an arsehole.

Flip this on its head - if you were told to deliver a message to someone, knocked on her door and expected to pass on a message in person but then got horsewhipped/shot because you didn't curtsy to some stupid dressed lady because you didn't know noble messenger etiquette then you'd probably be thinking that the lady's a massive see you en tee.

Not every person who comes into your presence wants to rape/murder/enslave you. Sure, shoot away if they do. But you need to read the situation and assess what to do. But just blindly pull a pistol out and start shooting?? No - that's what arseholes do.

I'll say it again - she's a bit of a shitty person
the fucker entered her room without permision, using the key provided by the hotel owner.
you saying that was HIS JOB?
even if you say he was expecting to find the room(that was tiny) full of atendants and shit, that's dumb. it's still does not give him a reason to enter her room.
even if he is going to get killed for not delivering the message, he could simply wait outside her door till she comes out on her own later.
I REPEAT! YOU CAN'T ENTER A SOMEONE'S ROOM IF YOU ARE NOT INVITED!.

also fucking hell, no one is translating this shit?
I hate when shit gets licensed and cuck scanlation teams drop it. it's going to be years before the shitty official translations reach the latest chapter.

Double-page supporter
the fucker entered her room without permision, using the key provided by the hotel owner.
even if you say he was expecting to find the room(that was tiny) full of atendants and shit, that's dumb. it's still does not give him a reason to enter her room.
even if he is going to get killed for not delivering the message, he could simply wait outside her door till she comes out on her own later.

I hate when shit gets licensed and cuck scanlation teams drop it. it's going to be years before the shitty official translations reach the latest chapter.
Well yeah it's dumb - but that's exactly my point. We are modern self sufficient people who've grown up not expecting to be waited on hand and foot because that's the society we've been raised in.

It's precisely because we aren't feudal lords and ladies who are waited on hand and foot by attendants, maids, servants and knights who are expected to die for us. Kings have entire courts with people who have positions like "Groom of the Stool" (arsewipper) "Master of Horse" (stable boy) "Mistress of Robes" (dressing girl) etc etc. A messenger going to meet with a Noble in residence would assume that the Noble has attendants and almost certainly a waiting room which he would enter and inform her butler about a verbal message he's delivering. And because he's an important worker for his own lord he would have likely have a bit of an attitude because he would assume some form of superiority equal to the Lord/Lady he is representing. The Lady he's visiting shouldnt be in the waiting room - she's got her own private room (and likely more) she waits in until she's told by her servants about a message that's been delivered.

From the messengers perspective - some Noble from another smaller and undeveloped territory is passing through your (likely higher ranked) Lord's territory and you've been ordered to pass on a message. Absolutely from the messengers perspective you are going to walk through into that reception room doing a strut walk BECAUSE THATS HOW NOBLES ROLL. It's feudal dick measuring because Nobles very much care about their prestige. That messenger is definitely not going to be thinking that that Lady is naked in a bath in the one and only room because NO NOBLE WOULD DO THAT. They would usually have hired the entire inn or definitely multiple rooms and have guards and knights and people to stop him from walking into a bathroom with their Lady naked.

In fact in many ways it's worse because Mitsuha by now has met with many many Nobles and is now in fact a noble herself and is even hiring her own attendants and people who are hired to wait on her. So she almost certainly knows the form for how to represent herself as a Noble but seems to refuse to do it because she wants to be self-sufficient. Our societal equivalent would be being a billionaire and yet living like someone on minimum wage because reasons. Mitsuha is a Noble - one of the 0.01% of that Kingdoms population who live in luxury, everyone else is a peasant.

Imagine going to a church and being told that you must take your shoes off before entering the church as a mark of respect. Now if you didn't know the no shoe rule before entering the church you could be forgiven for not knowing. If you entered shoes on not knowing and a guy started to attack you for it then, yes, you could be forgiven for defending yourself. But if you had been told about the mark of respect and yet went in shoes on anyway and then shot a guy who started to argue with you then who's the ahole? In this instance its very much Mitsuha kinda being a massive ahole here

In fact she so refuses to do it that she even has a Princess working as her shop girl - that's just insane. That's exactly like having the Most Important Person in whatever country you are from's daughter doing a minimum wage job in a corner shop you happen to own - which would SO never happen for a huge variety of reasons - security, safety, authority, political and even moral ones spring up.

Sorry but you are not convincing me through rational argument that Mitsuha is not a shitty person. She is trigger happy, a morally dubious saleswoman and lies like she is doing it as an Olympic sport....

Power Uploader

It's simulpubbed you absolute plonker. I wouldnt't have dropped it if it wasn't

Dex-chan lover

You think it's rude to point out a fact ? your values are indeed fucked up... If you think like that irl you need to be put on all sorts of lists

Users who are viewing this thread