Saving the Villain from the Heroine - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

I disagree, both releases are easy enough to read, the other one is a bit easier. There are parts in this release that make a little less sense such as the Duke saying "if you didn't stop me from drinking a little more" vs the other release that translated it to "if you didn't stop me from taking a sip then". Since the Duke never even took a sip of the poison because of Ciel.

I'm confused. Is it the Bishenna, Visenna or Vicenna family? Its the same family but why is is the name always different?

Oh i see.. in my opinion this version makes the pacing flow better. Now i understand the storytelling easily.

@stardustrain i believe it can come out differently when being translated to English so either they didnt notice, or are trying different translations to see which is best in english

SDK

Not sure why people are preferring this one, there's plenty of instances where the phrasing was just weird and a bit jarring. For example, just the start of the chapter:

Asura: "It's said happiness and misfortune have a one step difference" - Never heard anyone say 'one step difference' before, although grammar is allg, someone with English as their first language would probably never say that.

Whereas JDI's translations are much clearer by utilising a common metaphor:
JDI: "They say that happiness and misfortune are two sides of the same coin"

The next sentence has the same clear and unclear difference:
Asura: "After 3 weeks I was clearly feeling exactly that" - Using 'clearly' then 'exactly' is redundant, and makes the sentence not sound right.
Whereas JDI: "And I have been feeling this for three weeks now" - All good here.

Now that JDI has dropped it, hoping Asura can get some proper proofreading, it seems like a good dialogue-heavy series. Just wouldn't be too keen into going into that with sub-par trans.

does anyone know where the first image is from? like the girl with the light blue hair and light blue eyes?

@chimpee it's the MC (Ciel), but the image is from the cover of the novel. Like, it has the novel, the promo and the adaption art styles kkkkkk but the credit page use the novel cover

oh okay thanks!

i just really liked the girls light blue hair, sadly that's not in the manwha

I don’t get why Ciel keeps saying Ferze is a bad man when in the first chapter she literally said he wasn’t actually a villain, just misunderstood. And that’s why she wanted to save him, because he was very kind to the maids. He was almost poisoned by his fiancée because she wanted to leave, how is he bad?

Users who are viewing this thread