Say Thank You - Collected Short Stories of Ko Nikaido - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - I Love My Teacher

Group Leader
Chapter 2 is finally up! Let us know if you like it at the cotton candy scans server https://discord.gg/vdb9byu

Dex-chan lover
Lol -- Editor had a crush on her teacher. Thanks for the translations!!! 🏫🏫🏫

Dex-chan lover
@greatninja3 it's not about age, she is legal at highschool
the problem is, he is in a position of power over her (student-teacher) which makes it 'immoral' and I think also ilegal
morality is also dynamic and cultural

Dex-chan lover
Find it really stupid at times when after 1 or 2 year she's 18 and no longer student suddenly they are allowed to date and nothing is wrong, but when it's 1 or 2 year before that everyone's armed up with pitch fork saying it's wrong. To me, when there's a big age gap, it's a yikes no matter the situation.

Dex-chan lover
@Xystus
the age gap really stops mattering after a while, because on one hand everyone matures at different rates and once you are out there in the working world, your age really doesn’t mean shit, only your experience and responsibilities.

the 7 year thing i guess makes sense but how i’ve always rationalized it is that, the proportion of the difference in ages decreases with total age and that’s in the end what makes it acceptable.

Say teacher is 27 and girl is 17, the difference is 10 years but 10 years is 37% of teacher’s age but 59% of the girl’s age, say 5 years later the girl is 22 and the teacher is 32, the difference is still 10 years but the proportions are now 31% to 45%, teacher went down by 6% but girl went down by 14% so the gap indeed grows smaller over time. say they marry at 29 and 39, now the gap is just 25/34 or 9 points between compared to 22 points at the start or 14 points 5 years later.

It does matter.
Also they are on their wearing furisodes for seijin shiki which means she is now 20 years old, we don’t know how old the teacher is tho but she’s at least not 18. also japan has weird age of consent laws and shit because they are low key systemic pedos but what can we do about it...

Dex-chan lover
@katrinayabu
I mean pretty much every single age gap shoujo romance manga without a smut tag follows the whole "I love you sensei", "no ur just a kid and confused" ---> 8 volumes later "maybe but when u older" ---> time skip "the end" template.

Users who are viewing this thread