Sayonara Mangadex, putting down our rose colored glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you want to say about the MD staff (admins) abusing their powers to doxx and harass anyone who they dont like, what's to say that you wont do the same with others or sell the data (IP's/logs and other things) of scanlators and users to the companies in your pursuance of going leagal. how would you like to defend something like this?
As for the users supporting them would you also be okay with MD so much as attempting to misuse and doxx someone?
LMUGDGJ.png

ixlone edit:

R0nzi2L.png

Also restricting your comment editing this post. Use your main account please.

I find it interesting mangadex mods would say this considering they just released new merchandise today. Now my point of view is that both sides are being passive aggressive for no reason but i think im with the scanalators. For the most part its unreasonable that mangadex can ask for donations for their servers and sell merchandise then instantly trashtalk scanlators who don’t want to follow their platform. These are people putting their heart into getting highest quality scans (usually?) and translations. When the argument shifts from how mangadex is operating to that about proclaiming scanlators are doing it for the money, all this side talk is ignoring the big issue purposely. You guys should know it yourself that these people would easily make more income doing any other job so its sad when people automatically start name calling.......

Dex-chan lover
from JB's patreon page
$55 per week just to get the Weekly Shounen Jump magazine (Black Clover, One Piece, Dr. Stone, We can't Study, Robot x Laserbeam and Boku no Hero Academia are published in this magazine.) It's basically a $45(ish) trip to get to the store + some extra for the person going to buy the magazine and then scanning it. (most of the cost is transportation cost to go buy it and back, though the magazine itself is pretty cheap itself).
But guess what they all have official translations on mangaplus but they still don't drop them?!

We should close this with @Fuko's comment.
This is the 2nd/3rd MD attack in about a day. Starting to wonder if KM is counterattacking.
Edit: an entire page was created while I was typing this. And yet I still ended up under Fuko's comment. Wow

I generally stand neutral however I find this whole situation ridiculous. I want to side with the translation teams but unfortunately when you start you post with cherry picked out of context comments you kind of shoot yourself in the foot. I already visit the websites of the scan/trans groups with Mangadex's handy link to your website and read them there. In reality MD is mostly just a convenient sort of MAL list for me to store my bookmarked series and get notifications. The only thing this post leaves me with is inconveniences. I appreciate the work that goes into translations and will miss any series that I followed that will disappear due to this. Ill attempt to bookmark or follow the teams servers if they have more than 1 - 2 series I follow but otherwise I will prob just end up dropping some series. GL to everyone involved in this fiasco :c

Group Leader
Plot twist : Going "Legit" is with the mindset to somehow get manga to all those who love it, without the concern for legality and grey area posting... @Holo

Contributor
what? i and i think a majority of readers just want a site where they can read whatever the heck they want in a convenient place for free, that's the entire point of scanlation. i get really annoyed when groups decide not to upload to mdex because there really is no good legit reason. on the other hand i will be extremely annoyed if mdex decides to go legal and trash all the licensed series and make people pay, because then wtf is the point of this site. if it really comes to that, then cya, a lot of the people who go on this site will be gone, im going to have to depend on kissmanga or whatever other aggregator site there is.

Dex-chan lover
@gonn92 Impossible, are you insinuating he was posting out of context quotes from Discord to make the staff look bad? There is no way. Who would do something so shitty? Shame on you for even thinking about it!

I'm glad to see that all the groups that signed this are listed nicely in the first post:
So I know what websites to never go to.

Group Leader
Is this a shitpost thread now? I'd like it if it was a shitpost thread now. Please let this be a shitpost thread now.

@gonn92 why would he say, "the IP is still the same he signed up with" if its the one of the ddos 🤣 lol
It's clearly them talking about a certain someone who they dont like.

Dex-chan lover
i wonder what the outcome would be.
idk if the scanlation group playing the victim or MD just being bossy.
but there's only one thing i can say and sure for, i am confused rn

Dex-chan lover
@rickytheflicky Why don't you provide a screencap that shows the rest of that conversation so we can know what they are talking about? Without context they might as well be tracking some infamous loli tickler who signed up here.

Staff
Admin
@rickytheflicky

He said in staff chat trolling an ex-staff member who was linking it the person I was talking about.

Nice out of context shot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread