Sayounara Ryuusei, Konnichiwa Jinsei - Ch. 21 - Determination of selia

Aggregator gang
I would have forgotten about this but I can read spanish, phew!

thank you for your hard work !

The quality of the typesetting and the correctness of the English, even including a character name ("Tidran" on page 9 instead of "Dran"), are very inconsistent. Please enlist a quality checker who can help you find and fix the many errors.

It'll you in battle help >> it'll help you in battle

btw, about dat accomplishing.. i had vibe that it bit weird.. but i dunno how to use this exact word, i will leave that to english pros..

overall, it's readable and have good flow, appreciated!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for picking this up! Hopefully this continues.

@KLSymph

I think you should either not read it or just shut it or offer to help. It's people like you who prevents people from trying to pick up a series. 😐 I'm just a reader myself, but seeing your comment... even I felt annoyed by it. You should also read their translation notes on the first page too.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for picking this manga up, though I kinda forgot what was going on lol

@Kuyu

"I think you should either not read it or just shut it or offer to help. It's people like you who prevents people from trying to pick up a series."

I feel that giving feedback when a team produces substandard quality translation is a worthwhile response. Avoiding this so that more people pick up a series and produce substandard translation seems less meritorious.

"I'm just a reader myself, but seeing your comment... even I felt annoyed by it."

I understand the sentiment from a reader's perspective, but as a reader I don't feel especially happy about reading so many obvious errors in a chapter either, and I think giving a short comment as feedback is appropriate.

"You should also read their translation notes on the first page too."

I did read that note, and since I don't personally wish to help them translate from Spanish to English or to "doing the proofreader", I feel that my feedback encouraging the team to find a quality checker (also known as quality controller, the common scanlation term for the role of checking for errors in the final work, as opposed to the proofreader role who checks specifically for translation accuracy) is within reason. What are you hoping that I see in their translation notes?

Dex-chan lover
Quality of text could use some english-ing but hey at least it’s legible, so kudos for that

Dex-chan lover
Bleau/Deis from the Breath of Fire series is still number one lamia for me. It’s always nice to see them get positive attention.

Finally a new chapter huh... thank you for that.
And english quality has gotten MUCH better than the last few works from this group, so good job, even if there's some places to improve still.
I'm just glad I can read mangas I enjoy in an at least readable form.

Users who are viewing this thread