Scary Campus College University - Vol. 7 Ch. 57 - Beauty Contest ②

Dex-chan lover
never thought i'd see a rap battle exorcism reminds me of the pilot for an animated series that every fight was with actual rap battles

Dex-chan lover
I will be honest. If she was just a side character, she would have died the moment she pissed off the evil spirit :smug:

Dex-chan lover
@Tanzanite another great translation, and amazing job with the rhyming lyrics for this chapter! Hope it was fun for you. Can I make a suggestion for this section, if you ever make a v2 update? (only because it's the title drop and end of the song):

Campus, College, or University,
English names, they're all a mystery!
We didn't beckon, it's plain to see!
Hurry up, vanish 'cause the victory's with me!

I'd like to suggest to change that to:
Campus? College? University?
What's the right word I have no clue
This school don't want nothing to do with you
Now get the hell out of here, it's my victory!!

Or, with a little more interpretation and pop culture reference:
It's English, so it's gibberish to me
Just keep this school's name out your damn mouth
The win is mine, now get the f--k out my house!!

The raw Japanese is this:
カンパス?カレッジ?ユニバーシティ?
英語で何ていうかわかりません
大学(ここ)にアンタはお呼びじゃないぜ
とっとと帰りな勝ちは私だ!!

which directly translates to (without lyricizing):
I don't know how to say it in English
You're not wanted here (kanji reads "university/college", with furigana saying "here"). (Alternatively, ”No one invited you here”)
Get the hell out of here, I win!!

Dex-chan lover
Chigarashi was amazing! Props to her for the sudden rap skills! It's amazing that she not only praised herself and burned the ghost, she actually had quite the rhythm and flow too! Props to @Tanzanite for the translation!

Strange that the ghost wasn't actually a ghost though. It was a tanuki and kitsune...

While Chigarashi won the beauty pageant with her amazing rap skills, the other girls did amazing too! Karate, breakdancing, and fireblowing? Wow! Even the piano solo must have been amazing. But Fujimiya isn't actually there to see it... so where is he? Why can't they find him?

Contributor
Cool, the other girl ripped her ruined dress not to strip further, but to recover her dignity and cover up. She actually has some mean breakdancing skills. Well, this ain't a beauty pageant anymore with the contestants pulling out all the stops with their crazy skills.

Ayo? Mahina actually stole the show dropping bars like nobody's business. :meguupog:

Love how the DJ backed up her impromptu rap, and not long after, the crowd started cheering too. Girl exorcised a ghost by spitting bars and won the contest fair and square doing it too. This has gone full circle from that time when she exorcised the rapper ghost with her swimsuit. Who's the rapper now? She's not miss mediocre anymore, yeah?

This a crowning moment of awesome for her and I love that, man I don't even remember the last time she had that in this manga.

Dex-chan lover
From the very first page, I knew something hilarious would happen (the other contestants went wild to show off their talents, is it even a beauty contest anymore?? More like Ouryou Got Talent), but I sure didn't expect Chigarashi would rap. Reminds me of Zombie Land Saga, indeed! That was epic! Simply fire!! Good character development on her, too. The punchline is the disgusting-looking ghost that turns out to be a cute tanuki and a fox (pranksters in mythology). Are youkais considered ghosts, too? Anyway, amazing chapter. Also, props to the translators for the rap!
first time i've seen tanuki and kitsune getting beat up for real, maybe if it's revealed that the deaths are faked they would just get the "we are sorry" end but this is a nice inverted trope in its own way

Users who are viewing this thread