Scary Campus College University - Vol. 8 Ch. 68 - Scary Campus College University

can someone explain why are the last chapters so short and being rushed? feels like a lot of the story being cut off and still leave me some questions. bcus i already put high expectations on this manga and marinated it for a long time only to see the ending just like this😞 i’ve seen the mangaka’s twtter and made up a conclusion that the manga sales is low, cmiiw tho since i just used translate machine. thanks in advance!

Dex-chan lover
I'm really sad this one got axed. I honestly wonder if another reason the sales were low was because the first arc was so different than the others and people who got into it for that reason were disappointed and dropped it while those that it disgusted never got into it from the start. If it really is an inception ending like people are suggesting, I hate it. But that's just me. The "it was only a dream" ending makes me so damn mad, the closest any media has gotten to a good type of ending like that was Pan's labyrinth. I would rather the "the adventure will continue" kind. Our main girl was so good, I liked her courage a lot. Sad days

Aggregator gang
Wow we are being ROBBED by the possibility of our girl having a super badass power to put those spirits to shame. I mean that would explain a lot on why she attracted so many paranormal phenomena BUT NOPE JUST WHEN IT'S GETTING MORE SERIOUS THEY AXED IT. And THANK YOU FOR THE TRANSLATION TEAM FOR THIS GEM!!!! I seriously appreciate all of your work until the end! I will follow your other works too in the future :D

I don't understand japanese and their preference. How a story this interesting doesn't sell well.

I knew something was sus when the College Festival arc had such an unsatisfying end. Then suddenly an announcement that the series will end in 3 chapters.

I wish author next work would get more appreciated.

Dex-chan lover
Oh man, I thought this was doing fine, why everything I like gets axed?

Dex-chan lover
Happy ending my ass, he's missing his tattoos just like in the last chapter. :fml:

The victim of the fuck-ugly centipede-woman-thing remains unavenged. :angery:

This manga can make you laugh, but God do I want to cry sometimes...

Dex-chan lover
my god i Dodge the bullet, really enjoy first 10 chapter and then i realize who's the author
it's the dipshit who make Hoshino me o tsubutte, the Lil gremlin who make the ending bad on purpose betraying every fans because he's salty the anime adaptation got cancelled mid production.
and from looks of it, everyone doesn't really satisfy with the ending either.

once again, the author probably doesn't even try regardless if it got axed or not.
Probably got salty again and purposely make the ending uneventful out of spite lmao

F. Oh well, I enjoyed the read. Very messy story, but full of personality and a bunch of really well-executed spooky stories.

Heroine looks like 40 year old. 30-40 for sure.
Last pages show suggest that she still stuck in a dream college.

Contributor
I liked Mahina's long hair...

"College was a pretty good place, huh...?"
I'm taking psychic damage from that. Now I'm starting to regret I didn't really have fun back then.

Senior college student Mahina can exorcise ghosts with just a look now? Wait, that kind of powerup does not add up. How? I assume she's a senior college student and not repeating a year or two(?) as an adult. Perhaps whatever occult thing it was that gave Kaoru his power got exorcised last chapter? But wait a minute, he has a RING on the ring finger of his left hand. Kaoru GOT MARRIED!? (I'll headcanon Iruko as his wife, she deserves it)

This was a fun ride with interesting characters and plot points, but damn that inconclusive ending. I guess I called it, but that was an instance where I'd have loved my guess to be wrong. This got axed hard.

Feels like the author gave up on trying to wrap up the story, ironic given the lesson from the previous chapter. But at the very least I can enjoy seeing Mahina's growth as a character. Maybe I'll just adopt some of the interesting theories put forward by more eagle-eyed readers in here.

Like the theory about how Mahina is actually trapped and still looping for her ideal college life. And Kaoru went back for her. Explains the seeming time skip and the ring on his hand. Off to the Completed pile.

Dex-chan lover
the problem is simple. this manga was actually interesting but for our western point of view. If it didn't sell, and it seems the author was asking people to buy it, that means that, where it had to sell (japan), the manga wasn't popular.

And honestly, that's bullshit, THERE'S TONS of ISEKAI SHIT with plain OP kirito-copy characters that makes everyone puke, but guess what, if that trope is everywhere... that means japan doesn't care for a good story but instead a fucking edgy OP guy with a harem.
0-sale problem?

The JP society has a STRICT compliance on RANKINGS. If it is not ranked on their favorite magazines ( YES THE ADULTS / BUYERS STILL BUY MAGAZINES FOR RANKINGS ), it will be disposed, like "Scary CAmpus College University".

In other words, how many pages of the physical manga can the buyers turn into fap tissues.

Dex-chan lover
I'm really sad this one got axed. I honestly wonder if another reason the sales were low was because the first arc was so different than the others and people who got into it for that reason were disappointed and dropped it while those that it disgusted never got into it from the start. If it really is an inception ending like people are suggesting, I hate it. But that's just me. The "it was only a dream" ending makes me so damn mad, the closest any media has gotten to a good type of ending like that was Pan's labyrinth. I would rather the "the adventure will continue" kind. Our main girl was so good, I liked her courage a lot. Sad days
personally what baited me is how macabre makube's power is and the moment we rarely see that but chigarashi's fanservice my interest gets lower with this

Dex-chan lover
Dang, so getting moved to the web version really was the way of letting it die like a wet fart...

Group Leader
Well, my theory is minor, but I think that in the final chapter Chigarashi is currently in her final years of college trying to get her master’s degree while trying to fend off supernatural creatures lurking around in college and prevent them from harming innocent lives including first year freshmen like herself in the beginning of the series, while Kaoru after understanding that Chigarashi can handle things without him mysteriously left without saying goodbye is going outside college to different things in his life like reuniting with his old allies, trying to remove his curse (which are marked by tattoos) and confront his former teacher who is about to unleash something terrible.

And with everything resolved off-panel, Chigarashi returns to college to have a normal life for a bit and surprisingly meets Kaoru in class ending the series but with all things and loose plots unresolved because the series is cancelled

I can only pinpoint some plot holes(?) here,
  1. She's not a human to begin with, probably a weak demon to begin with. Why I said she's probably a demon? The author never picture her as an ugly entities. Instead they draw her as reckless, naive and fearless(as the chapter goes on) The ending captured Makube visited her domain.
  2. BUT, don't forget about the trio sensei. He thought university lives are boring, etc. So far, I don't see his true reason yet except he want to weaponize his own pupils. If he actually made a mess again, no wonder Chigarashi(demon version) need to be stronger so she can rule her domain.
  3. But,this theory will broke IF, Makube married human Chigarashi and human Chigarashi ended up died. And she stayed inside the small shrine, so she can enjoy her last moment inside there(refer to the one chapter before end). And there's no way Makube capable to go inside there without his tattoo, again this is confusing.
  4. I remember when Illyo(?) and Chigarashi fought with the surgery entity, Illyo(?) said Makube need someone like Chigarashi. Which is weird, why Makube wear a ring while leaving Chigarashi? Something isn't right here 🤣

Again, all of this are just my confusion. I know the manga got axed and most likely he just draw the last chapter in a last minute. That's why no other characters beside Female Lead and Male Lead.
But, I'm stil hoping Chigarashi as a human than being an entity 😂

Users who are viewing this thread