Scary Campus College University - Vol. 7 Ch. 58 - Who

Dex-chan lover
So I was right a few chapters ago. Fujimiya has Chigarashi's opposite power. She attracts ghosts while he repels them. He doesn't realize it because he's never had the guidance of someone like sensei (because all three of sensei's heirs were too absorbed in their own obsessions), but he's technically the most powerful of the exorcists as he doesn't even need to lift a finger to deal with the supernatural. He's sort of like Kizaki but with a less ridiculous powerset. What he really needs is proper training.

Contributor
At first I wasn't sold on Chigarashi as a mc but she's really grown on me with time. Her positivity and dumb luck is what makes the manga what it is. Would have a totally different atmosphere otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
The writing is just... wow. Multiple people have died and the arc ends like this? First Kizaki gave up on his goals too easily and now Fujimiya motivations is revealed to be incredibly dumb.
Him, I can sorta accept since he's just a dumb college kid wishing to see ghost.

Kizaki meanwhile: fostered a grudge for who knows how many years, caused many supernatural chaos of at least this incident scope (and many more are larger than this), and more-or-less spat on his mentor's job/principle. Then turns out Makube has definitive prove Kizaki misunderstood his final message and he's like "Fuck. I'm wrong. Anyway I dunno how to fix this mess 😔". No dramatic epiphany, no anguished realization, no nothing.

Reactions: Ekn
Dex-chan lover
Fuck I hate storylines like this.

Two people directly caused the deaths of many students. And yet "oh its okay, all is forgiven, kumbiya"

Dex-chan lover
Poor Fujimiya... He's desperate to be special. He wants to be better than he is, but he doesn't know how to do it. That's why he was desperate to be attached to the supernatural world. It was one thing in life he knew he really wanted!

But now that Chigarashi is there to support him, he doesn't need ghosts! Because he loves Chigarashi, and like her support!

Chigarashi's experiences ended up saving Fujimiya from his slump. It might have been terrifying getting here, but if it was to save Fujimiya, I'm sure Chigarashi is willing to do it!

But still... the aftermath of such a devastating school festival. What can he do to atone?

Contributor
Except for the empty entry sheet problem, Fujimiya really is the opposite of Chigarashi. He's so untouched by ghosts that the drug did not help him one bit. I'd actually love it if this becomes a case of opposites attract... I support this. Hell, I'd ship it if possible. I think they actually balance each other out: a girl who naturally attracts ghosts and a boy who naturally repels them.

Maybe Mahina doesn't need to look so hard for her prince. Maybe he's already right there holding on to her hand, and she just needed the right opportunity to reach out.

Her confidently reaching out and helping him out of the darkness? Boy, Mahina has come a long way from her old self and you love to see it. No longer a dumb bimbo bumbling her way through dangerous occult situations and needing to be saved every damn time. Just look at her now: she's the one saving someone else... she's grown into a true protagonist in her own right. I love it!

Users who are viewing this thread