Schäferhund

Ok, so it seems that the debate about this manga is still ongoing, so let's go.
Yes, the communist have commited so many atrocity that many of them probably have a seat in hell next to Satan.
But we must not forget that the body count of the USSR start in 1922 and end in 1991
The german commited a genocide, massacred civilian, prisonner of war ect ect in just 6 year (When starting from 1939) and for the genocide it would more be in 4 year since the Shoah (holocaust) started with mass shooting in 1941 during the invasion of the USSR.

@Iskarioth I understand your point of view, they are many story that represent the allies as the good guy where everything need to be relativized, the russian commited many warcrime, the American too (Dresden bombing for example).

But here, the problem isn't that the german are represented as the good guy, it's that the SS are represented are the good guy when it's been proven time and time again that they were the one commiting the most atrocity (the wehrmacht did commit war crime but to a lesser extent)

And yes, it's clear that this manga isn't historically acurate, I also don't think that the author is a Nazi revisionist but (personally) i commented to explain why I didn't like this manga and it seemed that it reignited a debate about nazism and the fack that you either : Like this manga and are a nazi
Or don't like this manga and are a dumb white knight who is brainwashed by communism.

In conclusion : Like this manga or not it's your problem, for me the fact that, for now, we see the ss as the good guy is not something I can stomach but the battle scene are very good, the american were nice character and I kinda want to see where this manga is going.

Dex-chan lover
@FenrirTheFallen Begs the question why so many equate the protagonists with "good guys". I have read all chapters and they weren't portrayed as people of outstanding moral character. If anything, I'd argue they are depicted as quite jaded and indifferent given the fact that they barely react when one of their own dies in the first chapter and can shoot a child ( albeit an enemy) so easily.

Instead people rage that the manga isn't black and white enough, that they aren't portrayed as absolute evil. That's childish IMO. The thinking of simple minds that won't accept the fact that alleged "baddies" are just that, people not unlike the them. So by accepting said fact, they would have to acknowledge that they aren't all that different and might have acted the same way, had they been under the same circumstances. Simply put, they wanne make themselves feel better by crying REEEE and pretending to be morally superior even when it falls apart under scrutiny.

I don't think it was necessary to make them SS, I just argue from a standpoint of principle because those intellectually shallow and hypocritical people annoy me to no end. I don't like the manga enough to defend it, I just can't stand their bigotry.

@Iskarioth
Yeah I understand what you mean. It's true that they are more described as not all white than completely white or completely black.

I agree with you that people should put think about what they would have done in the same situation and I also agrre that hypocritical people are annoying and that we can't act morally superior when we never had to exeprience this kind of situation (especially when some people who think of themselve too highly are the first to fall to extremist point of view).

It was nice to discuss with you and I wish you a good day

Double-page supporter
You people misunderstood what I've written.

The first chapter promotes the bullshit view that a high ranking officer in the SS wouldn't be in favour of the Holocaust or of the invasion of the USSR ("I wanted a shorter war" usually refers to that). It is a common misconception that the extermination of Jews and other minorities (+Slavs) wasn't tied into the war effort, like a side objective.
That just isn't the case.
The Nazis started the war with the objective of securing their Reich in Europe, and they firmly believed that to do so they needed to commit the atrocities and conquer the USSR. Our SS cadet/Japanese Highschooler just has to be a raving antisemite. Hell, not just the SS: the German Imperial Army, back when Franz Ferdinand decided to have the worst field trip of all time, distrusted the Jews so much they decided to count them to see if they were doing the fair share of the work, only to hide the results which basically proved them absolutely wrong.

Unfortunately, self-insert harem mangas just have to make the MC a decent person: can't really project onto a guy who just curbstomped a baby's head into the concrete. So the mangaka decided to make him and his superior "one of the good ones", and the partisans they fight "some of the bad ones", but he had to make shit up to do so. It's not that I fucking want to have them depicted like edgy mangas depict their villains (you know, the ones who rape and kill just to give MC a motivation to be a edgelord), because that can be just as harmful, but this just ain't it chief. "Moral Grayness" is all well and good, but this doesn't mean that everything is equivalent: Dresden Bombings? Bad. Literally any Luftwaffe bombing campaign? More Bad. Soviet executions of Polish partisans? Very Bad. German reprisals? Worse.
The whole idea of a SS harem manga was basically doomed from the start, unless you go the Girls und Panzer route.

Finally, I'm not a fucking tankie. Two things can be bad at the same time. Nazis still worse.

The author passed away by COVID?

Berserk's Kentaro Miura said it at chapter 362. But not sure if was the same person.

Group Leader
>The author passed away by COVID?

such a great loss for humanity and art

Dex-chan lover
Is the MC supposed to be Japanese? You'd think an SS officer would be named Hugo instead of Yuuto...

Hope somebody picks this up.

Users who are viewing this thread