School Back - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Picture of Youth

Dex-chan lover
Well, that was mostly cute and wholesome, with a bit of realism considering people love defining what constitutes being “hard-working” and what doesn’t.

I guess the series is gonna be mostly an anthology of the student’s daily lives.

Dex-chan lover
1. I love the artsyle, specially the clothes and hair
2. I want that, when this manga finishes, all students appear in the same chapter. That'd be awesome

Dex-chan lover
Glad to see that the student this time around kinda already had her resolve set in place.
Janitor’s work is pretty much offering an advice that might or might not be purposefully related to the issue they are experiencing, but on Ch.1 and 2 it felt like a push. This chapter it felt more like a little pat on the shoulder.
This still goes to show that the smallest of actions really come a long way because sometimes all the young folks need is some external confirmation that they are being mature enough to handle it.

Dex-chan lover
I love the realism in this manga. The issue aren't too edgy but relatable to a lot of people. Having to shoulder the family burden, even if it's as small as buying some groceries because you're the eldest or least "contributing" member of your family is kinda demoralizing. Moreso when the mum keeps saying the thing that she said in this chapter. A mature teenager would understand that the mom doesn't really have any ill intentions, she's just a bit blunt. Like most mum. Can't expect people to be perfect.

Dex-chan lover
Lol, the mother reminds me of my own. She didn't drink though, she'd just let the stress pile up until she exploded and took it out on us, her kids. She made my older sister feel horrible, taunting her about every aspect of life she found enjoyment in. There's a reason we're all no contact.

Dex-chan lover
How many time the mother say that she is a single mother? She is proud of her misery and thrown the frustration on the older child, plus she say that she "works a lot" and she is at home before her...

Damn, this one hit home. I had a tough graduation from graduate school and was left looking for a job. I kept looking and looking with no luck.

The whole time I was feeling more and more depressed. I had 132 rejections total and I was struggling to keep my spirits up. I kept telling people that I had enough of university and was excited to work.

Instead of encouragement all I kept getting was “aww man, you won’t say that once you get out into the real world.”

I ran a lawn mowing service in high-school, I worked at an anhydrous ammonia plant for an internship, I worked with a general contractor as a tiler between colleges, and I worked my way through engineering graduate school as a grader, lab instructor, teacher’s assistant, and research assistant. And these idiots kept acting like I was a job virgin laying about.

It pissed me off to no end till I started responding pretty harshly back. I talked it over with my parents and we had to sit down for a good 2-3 hours to align on things. After that they helped deflect or counter the comments which helped a ton.

Now I work for a household name tech company in what is considered a very tough role and absolutely love it. Way WAY better than school.

Dex-chan lover
after 3 chapters, i think i can confirm i have found gold

thanks for the tl!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread