Season of Alabaster - Ch. 13 - Summer Vacation Mayhem

Dex-chan lover
saki is such a bitch she tried to frame the teacher and machida for something fake to save her own skin then mc gets mad at the other teacher and not her??? and at the end they treat her nicely and act like she didnt just do that what the fuck
I agree. I don't agree with Daphie. Fuck Maki trying to throw 2 people under the bus. After that bullshit she should've gotten major pushback on even attempting that.

Dex-chan lover
This is the type of fast resolution that makes you think the author got push back somewhere and told to wrap this arc up asap.
Probably got a "special talk" from their editor.

Editor:"I have this shiny and very sharp axe here, wanna find out if it works?"

Dex-chan lover
I mean, fine work from the principal and all but...
1. Maki tried to throw the teacher & Machida under the bus was quite the dick move, but that ain't all.
2.NOW WE WON'T SEE SENSEI IN THE NUDE BUT IN A DARN SWIMSUIT THANKS TO HER STOOPID IDEA.
What a tragedy, what a fucking tragedy indeed.

Thanks for your hardwork! (Oh and also Machida getting ready to brawl to defend his teacher was amazing)

Dex-chan lover
This is the type of fast resolution that makes you think the author got push back somewhere and told to wrap this arc up asap.
Maybe. I don't think it was the editor, since they would have approved the previous chapter in the first place. It could have come from someone higher up after the chapter was published. But another doubt is that I've seen way weirder shit than this. Why would anyone's feathers get ruffled? Would a magazine that's ok publishing a story about a sexy teacher letting a teenager draw her, draw the line at another student doing compensated dating?

If there was a reason for editorial interference, it was probably about sales.

Group Leader
When I saw the update, I was like "what manga is this?"

Why'd they have to change the manga cover?
It's volume 2's cover. In this chapters case, I had the magazine cover and I removed all the noise around the picture and only kept what was related to Alabaster.

Dex-chan lover
I remember threatening my teachers good times dear god my teachers sucked as human beings especially the man hating lesbian one who flat out told me she didn't see anything when she watched this gang banger trash threaten to beat me up and rob me right in front of her

Supporter
Wait wait wait wait, wtf happened here?
We went from a serious discussion about underage prostitution that evolved into teacher x student "sexual" relationship that got solved by saying nude is cool if done with swimsuits? wtf nude drawing has anything to do with her compensating dating situation????? why did this solve that????
Sorry but this chap felt like a dumpster fire i hope to god next chapter address every single thing that was ignored here or i'm dropping this

Dex-chan lover
The situation isn't resolved. Everyone just got distracted by the nude painting situation and forgot about the crime bit. In any case, under Japanese law Maki is safe until the cops catch Kuroda and extract a confession out of him, because right now only the mom's testimony stands and it's actually more of a cause for child services to investigate the family (for potential parental neglect/abuse) than for cops to start a criminal investigation on Maki herself.

Dex-chan lover
I agree. I don't agree with Daphie. Fuck Maki trying to throw 2 people under the bus. After that bullshit she should've gotten major pushback on even attempting that.
Dude, is a teen with an accusation that could ruin her life and she knew someting obscure was going with Gin and Sakura, suspecting a similar situation like her and Okuda. She felt patronized by what she thought was another adult being a scumbag, of course she would throw her under the bus. I would do the same if I thought some mf was trying to patronize me when I suspect they were doing bad things as I was

Some of you really want to hate her guts because she is bitchy, but come on.

Dex-chan lover
Bull fucking shit could all these problems get swept under the rug this easily.
Slap in the back of the hand and call it a day, no one saw nothing, no one did nothing, and as thus nothing happened

Swimsuit drawings for everyone, we got a new curriculum proposal!

Double-page supporter
It felt like something very serious was just glossed over. She was engaging in prostitution and was going to ruin two people's lives and everyone is just cool now, like it was just a small misunderstanding. Also her mother knew what she was doing and didn't go to the police but called the school principal? The teacher also knew the jig was up and magically ran away before anyone knew she had run away from home?

I'm glad this part is over but I feel like it shouldn't have even gone in this direction if the arc was going to end this way. It definitely feels like the author's hand was forced.

Dex-chan lover
Dude, is a teen with an accusation that could ruin her life and she knew someting obscure was going with Gin and Sakura, suspecting a similar situation like her and Okuda. She felt patronized by what she thought was another adult being a scumbag, of course she would throw her under the bus. I would do the same if I thought some mf was trying to patronize me when I suspect they were doing bad things as I was

Ah yes you don't have any evidence of the fact and just assume it's happening when you get caught doing actual prostitution. Her feelings don't matter when she was caught doing something wrong and then tried to shift blame when she was engaging in bad behavior of her own volition.

Was she forced? Did the teacher blackmail her? From her dialogue in the last chapter doesn't seem to be the case so why should I give her sympathy when she is doing this of her volition. And here's the thing you deserve being patronized if you get caught doing something wrong. Doesn't matter if someone else is also doing it you still did something wrong.

Dex-chan lover

I can agree that Maki was in some deep shit. Teen prostitution is honestly the lesser crime, blackmailing another teacher is worse. She deserves some punishment.

I also agree with the idea that teenagers are kids, whose decision-making centers are underdeveloped. She may have had some extenuating circumstances we don't yet know about; why else is she so bitter? It's heavily implied there is underlying trauma on the island of absentee parents and rural poverty.

All of that is to say I can accept some tempering of any punishment she faces, depending on the extenuating circumstances and the fact that she's a child. And the punishment shouldn't be based on imposing austerity, since that will likely reinforce her "fuck all ya'll" attitude.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the work. It was odd to see everything just swept under the rug so quickly. It was an odd pace. But I do like that the outside drama got dealt with and a solution was reached.

Group Leader
One thing about Maki is that she believed that Sakura and Machida were doing the dirty, so she didn't blackmail anybody, she just shouted her suspicions during a meeting between interested parties, I don't see how that is so evil, she kept it bottled up until now. As for the compensated dating, I would ask anyone who believes they would have known better at the same age and the same situation, to throw the first stone. She probably honestly believed it was no big deal to fuck a scumbag for money.

That's also why I think the friends didn't think it was that much of a deal for her to have done those things. She just felt like they had put her aside and felt rejected.

That's my take on it.

Dex-chan lover
One thing about Maki is that she believed that Sakura and Machida were doing the dirty, so she didn't blackmail anybody, she just shouted her suspicions during a meeting between interested parties, I don't see how that is so evil, she kept it bottled up until now. As for the compensated dating, I would ask anyone who believes they would have known better at the same age and the same situation, to throw the first stone. She probably honestly believed it was no big deal to fuck a scumbag for money.

That's also why I think the friends didn't think it was that much of a deal for her to have done those things. She just felt like they had put her aside and felt rejected.

That's my take on it.
I'm with you on the outing the nude drawing deal but any high schooler ever still knows that underage prostitution is fuckin wrong and deep shit. Sure they could still do it cause they're stupid and a kid is one thing, but to even act like the two are remotely the same is crazy. This was all just a big mess of a storyline because of that simple fault.

Users who are viewing this thread