Seasons of Blossom

THAT ENDINGGGGG I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT OMG!!

Thanks for the translation!!

Bomi's extremely stupid and selfish. She's def an attention-seeker. Come on, she only JUST realized her best friend's longtime crush when she said it out loud. She should have noticed Seonhee's feelings b4hand. It's cause she only thought of herself. AND, u could tell that Bomi didn't even like Jaemin in the 1st place bcs she only wanted him bcs they would be a "perfect couple", not bcs she actually liked him. Her plan of fake dating is also rlly stupid. She could have said she didn't like anyone and rejected Jaemin's future confession. It's not like she even rlly liked him. SHE DID NOT HAVE TO DRAG JINYOUNG INTO THIS SITUATION.

thank you for the update~~ but it ended on a cliffhanger ugh!! i can't wait for more

Group Leader
@VMIN1995 @ others that dislike bomi, are we reading the same manhwa? i don't think seonhee's feelings were too obvious if you consider it from bomi's perspective. i don't think bomi has some third perspective like readers do when it comes to her friends' feelings.

they're all just kids. it's not like they necessarily know how to identify these emotions (genuinely liking someone, jealousy, wanting to be comforted, etc.). the whole point of this story is their growth through high school, so bomi and other characters can only grow from here on out. bomi realised that her intial crush on jaemin didn't compare to her crush on jinyoung, and i think both crushes were valid.

bomi didn't drag jinyoung into this situation on purpose. bomi's not even at fault for all of this. gyuri pressured bomi into this whole situation by probing bomi about her love life, getting jinyoung and her alone in the art room, separatinng her from seonhee, etc. it's difficult to deal with pushy/nosy people like gyuri when you just wanna stay in your lane. why blame bomi when bomi's just trying to be patient with her friends? bomi messed up by not speaking up, but it's pretty difficult to come out with all these things when you don't know how your friends will react. it could make or break your whole high school experience (getting isolated, ignored, etc.) because obviously characters like gyuri can be judgemental and spin the situation on you.

rather than call bomi dumb, generic, bland, selfish, etc., why don't we encourage and anticipate their character growth :D i love bomi and the others so much :DD

@mimicking

Srsly, Seonhee had a crush on him for 6 yrs and ur telling me she didn't even have a hint. I would understand it if she's not completely sure and only has an idea but she didn't. Even in the 1st chap, if she just looked at her BEST FRIEND'S facial expressions, she could immediately tell. She's too focused on herself that she didn't even notice. When her friends asked her who she liked, she could have just said she didn't like anyone or she could have said a fake name and say that it was someone from another school or something. She even clearly states in the 1st chap that bcs Jaemin looked at her lovingly and that they were viewed by other ppl as perfect, it would mean that they would be dating. Those were her only reasons. She has never stated that she liked him.

@VMIN1995
but if bomi did that then the story wound't be interseting like it is now lol
in addition, just like @mimicking said they're all just kids. Bomi needs room for growth but that doesn't mean that she's selfish and stupid.
The whole reason why this is happening in the first place is because she (bomi) is way too considerate of her friend's feelings thus making her afraid
to speak up about her OWN feelings in fear that it migh ruin their friendship.

What debate is going on here 0.o!?
@mimicking YEASS! correctt!! We all love them all sm!
Thanks for the batch update :0
Can't stop thanking you all ;0;

I feel sad for Bomi tho. Seeing the person you like who say “you pissed me off” and your best friend hanging out each other. I feel betrayed. They all need to be matured from my perspective Bomi love her friend so much she would lie, Jaemin not saying his own feelings, her best friend who just really had a fouls mouth like jinyoung. They all blame Bomi but they just do the same thing. Reading this making me remember the past friendship I had. Lol I need to move on but I really hate jinyoung here.

I read the chapter 23 and jinyoung liked Bomi and her bestfriend saw it how he got pissed off when some seniors try to talk to Bomi.

Group Leader
@vmin1995 i want to clarify that

Seonhee knew jaemin since elementary school. Jaemin moved away after his brothers suicide and didnt move back until high school. Bomi and seonhee became friends in middle school. Bomi didnt really know jaemin until she heard about him in freshman year from other people. They were probably pushed into liking each other because of comments from their classmates like 'oh they look good together' or 'oh them dating is inevitable'

So its not that neither of them 'truly' liked each other, but that they likely felt like dating would be inevitable. I recommend re-reading chapters 1-4 with bomi's perspective in mind.

Youre putting a pretty bad spin on bomi's behavior. For example, yes seonhee blushed in chapter 1 because of jaemin, but both bomi AND jaemin didnt notice this because rhey were walking ahead. Theyre not gonna stare at seonhee's face the whole time theyre walking. Yes seonhee had a crush on jaemin for 6 years,but bomi didnt even know about jaemin until high school when he transferred back. There were never in the same class until 2nd year and only heard about each orher by word if mouth or theough seonhee. Yes jaemin and bomi liked each other becuase of their peers (it was a mutual crush btw), but that doesnt make the crush itself invalid. While her feelings for jinyoung is much stronger than how she felt towards jaemin, both instances of bomi liking them was valid.

Why is bomi the only one youre picking at when jaemin didnt notice seonhee's feelings either or when he also went with the flow while crushing on bomi? Or the fact that seonhee also named a classmate (jaemin) as someone she likes when gyuri kept pushing for a name from bomi? Or the fact that gyuri keeps butting in on them at every chance she gets? None of them are perfect, but youve shown that you rly dislike bomi for some reason.

edit: added spoiler tag ;;;

@mimicking CLAP CLAP CLAP!!! EXACTLY TRU!!! 100%!!

And its not everyday we see a translator defending the characters :0
I STAN ;-;❤️❤️

I’m loving this manhwa. Have been reading it twice now, can’t wait for the new update. Thank you for making such a great effort translating this manhwa. Loving all your notes also 😊

@mimicking
Since u didn't seem to understand, the point of my example was to show that it was super easy to see seonhee's feelings for jaemin. I re-read ch. 3 and bomi states, "it's so sweet, I couldn't even see my surroundings." See, she admits that if she had paid more attention, she would have known her best friend's feelings.

Also, seonhee obv stated the truth when she said she liked jaemin, so why would i say anything bad about that? Bomi was the 1 who spouted a guy's name knowing he's her classmate. I'm just saying how easy it was to say that she didn't like anyone at the moment. Since she said she liked the short guy and she's popular and he's her classmate, how the heck did u think he wasn't going to get involved? Again, that fake dating was too much and unnecessary. Did she think she was being nice to her friend by dating another guy? If she didn't want to date jaemin and thought that it would hurt her friend, she could have said no and not drag a guy she never even talked to b4. She may not be selfish, but she is utterly stupid.

Thank you for the translations!! I love this story so much!! Once again thank you very much!! Hwaiting!!

@vmin1995
But wasn’t jinyoung the one that started the fake dating stuff? And also jaemin didn’t know about seonhee’s feelings towards him so how can you blame bomi for not realizing her feelings? And I can’t even blame bomi for going along with the fake dating Cuz its a pretty tough situation to be in. Also this is a pretty cliche dynamic tbh and i think we all saw that fake dating coming but I don’t think its bad cuz the story was very entertaining throughout the fake dating and Bomi realizing she fell for jinyoung was cute too ngl. Also you said bomi could just say she did not have anyone she liked but that would seem like a blatant lie just for seonhee sake since she just stated she liked jaemini(and also jaemin and bomi were very close so it would seem suspicious) but at the end of the day you could say she could do this or that but all she is doing what the story needs her to do and if it is questionable choices then so be it as long as it’s making the story entertaining that all that matters for me.

Users who are viewing this thread