Second Life Ranker - Vol. 1 Ch. 13

nice faster releases i like this new group if they can add 2 chapter per week even better lol

Aggregator gang
Good to see two groups scanlate dramalessly on the same manga/hwa/hua for once

to say that a translation team is slow when they have not even taken the time to translate chapter 12 and 13 into their language (italian) is still making fun of us..
especially when the other team has released chapter 12 5 days before them (in their language for free)
but I suppose they are done (12 13 in italian), but you have to be part of those who pay to read them ...

@MrFakOff
"nice faster releases i like this new group if they can add 2 chapter per week even better lol"
the question is not the speed of translation, who pays for the raws ?
they do not go faster than others, they just have more donations, or even spend more money on them

only the first three chapters are free now, that means that "Kingdom Italia - ENG" paid for three chapters, while "Psycho Play" paid for 9 chapters
technically they pay for all the chapters, but not for us reader in English, it was for the Italian readers, in the end they are just trying to make more money with the raws that they already buy for their italian comunity
so thanks italians for free raws but I think the free translation will not be free forever

Thanks keep up the fast translations! hope we can expect 2 chapters or more a week :D

Group Leader
@Gauvain you're completely wrong. You're either a troll or an idiot.
We don't pay for the raws; read the credit page. The Russian guys pay for them, we use their scans, that can be found on Mangadex too. We have their permission too.
We don't accept donations nor we ask for them. We're completely against the use of money in scanlations. Mangadex is our only way of releasing the chapters in English. It's up to you to find some obscure ways of making money through Mangadex.
We'll release the chapters in Italian when they'll be done. We must translate from English to Italian, so it's obvious that they'll come out slower than the English ones.

For everyone else, thanks for supporting us!

@Ou_Ki
it's you the trolls you've seen what you write about "Psycho Play" you're far from friendly, I do not see why I would have taken the time to read a chapter translated by people like you even less believe that you are angels.
there may be no way to make money here on mangadex, but on your site you will not make me believe you do not have ads

"We must translate from English to Italian, so it's obvious that they'll come out slower than the English ones."
so you translated 9, 10 and 11 in English, but you do not share with us
yet you have been translating into English for 1 year
as you say the russians provide you the raws, a thumbs up for the English team would not hurt
especially that the hardest is the translation of an Asian language into English, to switch from English to Italian is within the reach of all

what I mean is that you took advantage of them in the beginning
and when they were not fast enough, you criticize them
while they were doing most of the work

Group Leader
@Gauvain you should gather informations before accusing someone of something like selling chapters (this is basically what you're implying we're doing). But okay, everyone is free to be as ignorant as he/she prefers.
- "so you translated 9, 10 and 11 in English, but you do not share with us" --> you know what? If you scroll your mouse a bit, you'll see that we did release chapter 9 in English. And you'll see how bad the translations was. We translated chapter 9, 10 and 11 translating from Russian to Italian and then checking with the light novel; unfortunately, the girl who was our RUS-ITA translator left us and here we are. So, chapter 9 is a translation which comes from Korean, to Russian, to Italian, and finally to English. Not that good, don't you agree?

- "there may be no way to make money here on mangadex, but on your site you will not make me believe you do not have ads" --> we have no site. We have a forum in a platform whose name is Forumfree/Forumcommunity. As the name implies, it's completely free. Being free, do you think we're allowed to place ads? Other than that, why should we get money from all of this? As I already stated, we don't pay raws; and just thinking about someone who gets paid from translating something he has no rights on should disgusts me. Believe me or not, it's not like your opinion about us will give me nightmares.

- " and when they were not fast enough, you criticize them " --> this is false. You won't find any critic from us towards them. Saying that they're slow is a matter of fact; I even explained why: this manhwa is weekly in Korea and they release it monthly.

Aside from all of that, why are you even under our chapter? On Mangadex, there can be unlimited versions of different groups for every chapter. Just wait for them to release theirs and stop insulting us with imaginary reasons.

Group Leader
Thanks for the chapters!
@Gauvain Dude, just stop, you're making a fool of yourself. If you don't want to read their translations for some imaginary conspiracy just wait the other team releases.

yassss thankyouu!!! please continue working on this series pls, im sick of waiting for the psycho translation

@Ou_Ki
It's funny that you say there are no ads, I went to your website and I have 7 ads blocked, so there is bound to be someone who reaps the money
that it is you or someone else I have nothing to do with me, but do not say there are no ads

to charge or not the translation is the same from the moment the author gains nothing
so yes maybe you do not ask anything, but in the end for the author It's all the same
it is only ethically that it poses a problem to ask money, but working for free is also ethically disturbing, you participate in undeclared work,
especially if you are a student or a job seeker and you get help from your country

of course it's a criticism especially from a group that takes advantage of the English translation to make theirs,
if it was so simple to have a translator from Korean language to English or Italian you would already have one.
It's not them who are slow It's you who do not have the right translator to do the job,
that's why I find it inappropriate and insulting to criticize their speed.

"why are you even under our chapter? On Mangadex, there can be unlimited versions of different groups for every chapter. Just wait for them to release theirs and stop insulting us with imaginary reasons."
I am not under your chapter, only the translation belongs to you and I have only written an answer to a comment, it is you who after came to answer me
you think you have not been insulting, yet you have been
That's reason enough for me to make assumptions about you
and I do not see why I should provide evidence, I'm not here to defend you
I am not a detective, I'm here to make you react

there was a polite way of saying that they are not fast but you chose an insulting way
a polite way of saying it would have been
"Psycho Play are slow, but they have a much harder job to do than we do and yes translate from English to our language is within reach of many people who just went to school
to do a quality translation from an Asian language is another matter
you have to know the language or have material like an Iphone, because the text is not copyable with a mouse
and even with an Iphone it is not said that your translation is of quality."

Group Leader
@Gauvain
"It's funny that you say there are no ads, I went to your website and I have 7 ads blocked, so there is bound to be someone who reaps the money
that it is you or someone else I have nothing to do with me, but do not say there are no ads"
- They already told you the reason, but you are too dumb to understand and too arrogant to make your homework properly: the forum they're using is a free domain, you don't have to pay but they put ads on the website, It's like that for every free domain out there, if you don't want ads you have to pay for your own server. Cospiracy solved. If you want I can explain to you why the earth is not flat, 'cause that's your level so far.

"to charge or not the translation is the same from the moment the author gains nothing
so yes maybe you do not ask anything, but in the end for the author It's all the same"
- What's your point? You're just blatantly flapping your gums about ethics in a scan site... why?

"of course it's a criticism especially from a group that takes advantage of the English translation to make theirs"
- And the english translators take advantage of the author using your logic... but it's not logic at all, no one "taking advantage" because they are doing free translations for the sake of it, not gaining anything, the fact that one team is working harder for some reason does not imply that they have more rights in the first place.

You are talking about being polite but you are the first one coming here and insulting the work of others, defaming them with weak assumptions, just because you get offended by them stating the true and you had to go full social justice warrior. Releasing a chapter of a weekly series every month is being too slow to catch up with the raws, It's just a fact, not an insult, if you get offended so easily by facts you shouldn't be on the internet... or speak with people.

If the team is still looking for proofreaders, I can help. I'm an English major and I have a little experience proofreading manga on tapas. You can msg me on discord: Sensei Sith Overlord Panda Ember#6666 (yis. That is my discord) or respond here ✌ @Ou_Ki

Users who are viewing this thread