Secretly More Powerful than the Hero

Contributor
This story is shitty. Might seem like a good idea at first : to have power and to help people while they don't notice it.

But the message is not this at all. The MC is awfully hypocrit who wants to be the strongest and look down on people while looking like a normal guy.

Very bad. If you want to read something with a hidden strong character you can find one here.

Last edited:

MDC

Dex-chan lover
Honestly its not that bad. The premise sounds stupid and lowers your expectations towards a story about the MC being constantly berated for being "weak" and whatnot but its got more to it than that. During the first 20 chapters he learns that there's a limit to the type of power he can show without breaking the rules (and thus dying) and he's still overpowered.

For the first 20 chapters its not bad, curios if the next 20 will maintain it or go downhill.

It's not great, but it's not bad either. The art is rough, true. The story is about average for what it is and the MC is goofy. If I were to take it seriously, it would be a 4/10, but I just take it with the assumption that nothing matters and that it's a comedy, and suddenly it becomes a 6/10.
Sure that could be me coping and such, and I wouldn't have anything to disprove it logically, but I don't really care tbh.

While this manhwa features a common trope of an overpowered protagonist, its execution falls flat, a problem common with this genre nowadays. The plot relies heavily on generic elements and lacks originality. The characters and their motivations feel non sensical, and the overpowered protagonist trope itself isn't well-developed, leading to a lack of tension. The art style might not be for everyone, and the overall experience is underwhelming. Readers seeking a well-crafted story with engaging characters would be better off looking elsewhere. I don't even want to compare nor put this on the same level as Shadow Eminence

Users who are viewing this thread