Seijo ni Uso wa Tsuujinai - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Etiquette of a Lady

Dex-chan lover
Wait is this gonna turn into a classic tournament among corrupt nobles arc?

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Maid power. I wonder if Chloe will know when her bracelet intercepts a Gift.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit you guys are actually working together now on translating this manga after the first chapter. That's probably the first time I see in this website. Usually I see people just ignore other teams and translate by themselves.

I wish to all of teams to have great time during this collab. Thank you for the chapter too.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.

Page 36
Panel 1: lost -> lose
Panel 3: protext -> protect

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

Typos & edit suggestions: @Rythyugn
  • (Page counts include p1 for the translator's note at the start of the chapter; if that is removed, subtract 1 from all page counts.)
  • p4 recieve -> receive
  • p7 succefful -> successful
  • p9 corsette -> corset
  • p10 stagr -> stagger x2
  • p10 recieve -> receive x2
  • p19 the crime was done -> the crime occurred // the crime was committed
  • p19 was called off once -> was called off at once
  • p20 clatr -> clatter
  • p21 saintess candidate -> holy maiden candidate
  • p22 gold coins, gold coins, gold coins... -> Gold coins, gold coins, gold coins...
  • p22 mumble -> mumble x2
  • p23 I can see why they're called saintesses. -> I can see why they're called holy maidens.
  • p25 Laying out all of the groundwork -> Laying all of the groundwork
  • p26 In order for you take -> In order for you to take
  • p27 ratl -> rattle x5
  • p27 remember-ed -> remem-bered
  • p28 some things you shouldn't say, even if you think it -> some things you shouldn't say even if you think them
  • p29 priest-in-training -> priestess-in-training
  • p30 a new saintess -> a new holy maiden
  • p31 saintess candidates -> holy maiden candidates x2
  • p32 rmbl -> rumble x4
  • p33 The divine power of a gift have little effect -> The divine power of a gift has little effect // The divine powers of a gift have little effect
  • p35 substitue -> substitute x2
  • p35 interfe-rence -> interfer-ence // inter-ference
  • p36 It'll also depend on the person's power, too -> It'll also depend on the person's power, too,
  • p36 Even if they're disposable, it -> Even if it's disposable, it // Even if they're disposable, they
  • p36 , ok? -> , okay? x2
  • p36 ratl -> rattle x2
  • p38 saintess candidates -> holy maiden candidates
  • p40 saintess -> holy maiden
  • p41 a few months worth -> a few months' worth
  • p41 saintess -> holy maiden

Dex-chan lover
That boosting of her natural senses should work well to boost her ability to read people. Catching even smaller movements, mumbles or little sounds... hell, I give off a unique scent when my chronic pain acts up, so I wouldn't be surprised if that'd be a possible way to hint of something (though most likely only if purfumes/incenses don't get in the way, or their absence marking something).

Dex-chan lover
I can already see the plotline that device being broken or stolen so she gets mindfucked temporarily. I hope they don't go with the cliche "she always had a gift" way which would be boring as hell.

• This

le3

Dex-chan lover
Girls really live for the moneys :pepela:

Really liking the murder mystery in fantasy setting theme of this manga.

Dex-chan lover
This series has legit promise. I'm already interested in the premise and like the mc a lot. Curious how this all turns out cause I can easily see this murder mystery only being a jumping off point into a much larger story.

Group Leader
Thanks for the chapter!

Typos & edit suggestions: @Rythyugn
  • (Page counts include p1 for the translator's note at the start of the chapter; if that is removed, subtract 1 from all page counts.)
  • p4 recieve -> receive
  • p7 succefful -> successful
  • p9 corsette -> corset
  • p10 stagr -> stagger x2
  • p10 recieve -> receive x2
  • p19 the crime was done -> the crime occurred // the crime was committed
  • p19 was called off once -> was called off at once
  • p20 clatr -> clatter
  • p21 saintess candidate -> holy maiden candidate
  • p22 gold coins, gold coins, gold coins... -> Gold coins, gold coins, gold coins...
  • p22 mumble -> mumble x2
  • p23 I can see why they're called saintesses. -> I can see why they're called holy maidens.
  • p25 Laying out all of the groundwork -> Laying all of the groundwork
  • p26 In order for you take -> In order for you to take
  • p27 ratl -> rattle x5
  • p27 remember-ed -> remem-bered
  • p28 some things you shouldn't say, even if you think it -> some things you shouldn't say even if you think them
  • p29 priest-in-training -> priestess-in-training
  • p30 a new saintess -> a new holy maiden
  • p31 saintess candidates -> holy maiden candidates x2
  • p32 rmbl -> rumble x4
  • p33 The divine power of a gift have little effect -> The divine power of a gift has little effect // The divine powers of a gift have little effect
  • p35 substitue -> substitute x2
  • p35 interfe-rence -> interfer-ence // inter-ference
  • p36 It'll also depend on the person's power, too -> It'll also depend on the person's power, too,
  • p36 Even if they're disposable, it -> Even if it's disposable, it // Even if they're disposable, they
  • p36 , ok? -> , okay? x2
  • p36 ratl -> rattle x2
  • p38 saintess candidates -> holy maiden candidates
  • p40 saintess -> holy maiden
  • p41 a few months worth -> a few months' worth
  • p41 saintess -> holy maiden
nice to see you again. succefful is a crazy mistake lol.
fyi the holy maiden/saintess thing is an actual difference in dialogue - erald always refers to them as holy maidens, while chloe always uses saintess

Dex-chan lover
nice to see you again. succefful is a crazy mistake lol.
fyi the holy maiden/saintess thing is an actual difference in dialogue - erald always refers to them as holy maidens, while chloe always uses saintess
Nice to see you, too, and thanks for continuing to translate this manga!
The "succefful" typo is amusing insofar as there's a historical case of mixing up "f" and "s", namely due to the "medial S".
Re: the saintess thing, I misunderstood your translator's note on page 1, i.e. I thought you'd decided to replace all instances of "shrine maiden", "sorceress", etc. with "holy maiden". Feel free to ignore my related edit suggestions.

The German text on page 24 says "Ein Patenkind ist eine ganz besondere Existenz" which means literally "A godchild a very special existence" ("godchild" in the sense of Christian terminology). Looks like they used Google Translate and ended up with something that makes no sense.

Dex-chan lover
Make me remember Telentless Nana

The girl infiltrate place where everyone were superhuman

Dex-chan lover
@Rythyugn Thanks to you and your team, I got into this series, pretty cool!

I was going through the raws and on Ch 9 an interesting implication popped up. Simply put, you guys might need to re-consider your translation for 神子

See, for the protagonists' nation in question, there's apparently a dispute on whether to call them 神子 ("miko") or 聖女 ("seijou") along political lines. Or rather, some would prefer a change to 聖女 instead for reform's sake. I won't go too deep into the details, but apparently there are 神子 in the past who were male as well.

So perhaps "Holy/Divine Child" for 神子 and "Saintess" for 聖女? In any case, there's probably plenty of this distinction even in the earlier chapters, so heads up

Users who are viewing this thread