Seijo ni Uso wa Tsuujinai - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Etiquette of a Lady

Dex-chan lover
nice to see you again. succefful is a crazy mistake lol.
fyi the holy maiden/saintess thing is an actual difference in dialogue - erald always refers to them as holy maidens, while chloe always uses saintess
On page 18, did they actually use the she/her pronoun in the original? It seems to me that they will reveal they were trying to hid their gender: "Ciro" is an explicitly male name, they went to great length to not show their face for apparently no reason and in the first chapter they said gifted individuals are females MOST of the times...

Edit: the figure on page 37 of the first chapter is definitely female, but she also have WAY more boobs than the figure shown in this chapter...

Last edited:
Group Leader
@Rythyugn Thanks to you and your team, I got into this series, pretty cool!

I was going through the raws and on Ch 9 an interesting implication popped up. Simply put, you guys might need to re-consider your translation for 神子

See, for the protagonists' nation in question, there's apparently a dispute on whether to call them 神子 ("miko") or 聖女 ("seijou") along political lines. Or rather, some would prefer a change to 聖女 instead for reform's sake. I won't go too deep into the details, but apparently there are 神子 in the past who were male as well.

So perhaps "Holy/Divine Child" for 神子 and "Saintess" for 聖女? In any case, there's probably plenty of this distinction even in the earlier chapters, so heads up
Noted. I don't think we'll change the translation for now, and maybe go with both maiden and something else if that's necessary. we're definitely trying to future proof the TL as much as possible with the assumption that details matter in a mystery series, so all the terms should be close, this one is probably the one thing that sticks out.

Group Leader
On page 18, did they actually use the she/her pronoun in the original? It seems to me that they will reveal they were trying to hid their gender: "Ciro" is an explicitly male name, they went to great length to not show their face for apparently no reason and in the first chapter they said gifted individuals are females MOST of the times...

Edit: the figure on page 37 of the first chapter is definitely female, but she also have WAY more boobs than the figure shown in this chapter...
we did notice that Ciro is a male name too. to answer your question, the original did not use female pronouns, but that said, there's not really anything that would indicate Ciro was male at the moment either, so I'll be using phrasing to reflect Chloe's probable assumption that Ciro is female.

Dex-chan lover
Noted. I don't think we'll change the translation for now, and maybe go with both maiden and something else if that's necessary. we're definitely trying to future proof the TL as much as possible with the assumption that details matter in a mystery series, so all the terms should be close, this one is probably the one thing that sticks out.
Sure thing. I merely thought to give a heads up, since I've seen enough scanlation works to know that adjusting one's choices as more story elements are unveiled is an acceptable course to take too.

You can wait until Ch 9 to decide if a change is necessary. For now, it probably helps enough to know that both 神子 and 聖女 refer to the same "role", political preferences notwithstanding.

Aggregator gang
It's just “seijo”.
Funnily enough, I’ve seen this mistake made with 女 on Natsu Hyuuga’s more famous series, too — while the Apothecary Diaries anime was airing, I saw someone write “Jouka” in place of “Joka”.

Speaking of which, Chloe and Maomao would have so much to talk about — that “new, unnervingly luxurious room” beat is straight out of Maomao moving in to the Jade Pavilion. Though Maomao’s mercenary streak isn’t quite as pronounced — in Chloe’s case, it seems to have fused with Maomao’s drug nuttery.

Group Leader
Sure thing. I merely thought to give a heads up, since I've seen enough scanlation works to know that adjusting one's choices as more story elements are unveiled is an acceptable course to take too.

You can wait until Ch 9 to decide if a change is necessary. For now, it probably helps enough to know that both 神子 and 聖女 refer to the same "role", political preferences notwithstanding.
I've skimmed over ch9 and you are absolutely correct about "miko," since gender discrimination seems to be huge part of the history and politics of the story, and miko is a gender neutral term despite its connotations in modern Japanese. I think we will have to go back and redo the translation for the word again. hard to believe one word is causing this much trouble lol. good thing we're not too far in

Users who are viewing this thread