Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu - Vol. 4 Ch. 17.1 - Medicinal Herbs Part 1

Thank you for your hard work!​

Sei deserves better treatment. All the people who neglected her should srsly be punished or like humiliated on how abominable their actions were to our cute Sei.

Aggregator gang
when a manga based off of a light novel gets licensed for an official english release, you can suspect that an anime may come one day in a few more years.

Contributor
I understand your choice, but I can't help but feel disappointed as this won't be released in my country. So... no end of the story for me. Oh well. I should consider just dropping it now...

Double-page supporter
Damn licensers! They ruin everything... 😡

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the update, and your considerate response to discontinuing the translation (no cliffhanger) in light of the official pickup.

Its always sad when something gets licensed. With how many different manga I read, I honestly can't afford to buy them all. It's essentially no different from axing a series to me. Oh well.

Fed-Kun's army
I love that Sei figured out his personality super early on and is okay with it, because.. He's so far, my favorite character.

*Sigh* And, yet. This will be 2xhigher quality than Seven Seas's releases. Just like Slime. Now I'm sad.

Why drop a scanlation, just cause a manga got licensed in one country?

Thanks for everything anyway!

Dex-chan lover
@Onsokumaru

probably because its not worth the troubble.
Its similarly to why game companies outside of US or China for example still "try" to follow the laws on those countrys couse they dont want to get in trouble with sales over there.
Even if they get away with it or win the chase, it's usually not worth the effort if they fall for it.

Aggregator gang
Would you guys be open to the idea of holding off on deciding to drop it until we can see at what pace the official translation goes at? Or better yet, until the official translation hyas caught up? I can understand not wanting to compete with the official release, but sometimes said releases are so slow it is insulting. I believe there are multiple groups who do this too, continue to scanalate while they are ahead of the official release then drop it once the official catches up.

The biggest example of something like this is "Maoyu: Archenemy and Hero". Was licensed and 16/18 volumes were released then the company just decided to stop for whatever reason. Yen press picked up the license in 2017 and said they would do it, but 3 years later and they have done jack squat. It left all the fans hanging and I am sure some, like me, dropped the series because unless we wanted to learn japanese there was no hope for ever being able to finish it. left a really sour taste in my mouth because I loved that series. A similar, but far better, situation was with the "Marginal Operation" manga. J-Novel picked it up and seems to be doing 1 volume every 2-3 months, but are still 1-2 volumes behind where the scanalators were a year ago. In addition the team who had been doing it and dropped it due to it getting licensed was putting chapters out at about 2x the rate of the official release.

Either way thanks for the translations, hope you keep it up as long as possible. Just wanted to give my 2 cents since I have been enjoying this story far more than I expected.

Users who are viewing this thread