Seikatsu Mahou wa Hazure Skill janai - Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
"Heavily punished"?

lol, those guys needs to be beheaded, and have all their heads displayed on the town square to serve as a warning, because they kidnapped + trying to kill a royal guest, which literally an act of treason against the king.

Dex-chan lover
yeah I think I will cut this story too from my list. I have grown rather tired of stories where the main character is just overpowered and they make up scenarios where he can show off his power.

Dex-chan lover
I guess it took this dude 4 days to wake up too since if he was just awake thrn he would be able to instantly say ourbguy was a Guest of the king and not then having him sit 4 days in jail. Like lmao

Dex-chan lover
Ngl this manga looks like something I'd one day see as an anime and wonder how.

Dex-chan lover
"Heavily punished"?

lol, those guys needs to be beheaded, and have all their heads displayed on the town square to serve as a warning, because they kidnapped + trying to kill a royal guest, which literally an act of treason against the king.
Yeahh, I really dislike how powerful the church is always portrayed... like yeah they have alot of influence and they can suggest things to a king, but they don't have the actual power to disobey the king. Henry the 8th proved that, 'won't give me a divorce?... here's a shiny new church backed by the king'

Dex-chan lover
"Heavily punished"?

Eh, better to keep them alive just so they might provide more information/proof once they crack (be that isolated cells, or from not being allowed to sleep, or finding their family - just ensure that they are all kept separated so they can't collude, and guarded by people you are certain won't help cover the perpetrators asses). If you want to have them serve as a warning, you could always do that later, or pick a few to do so early with.
Either way, unless you are actively using their family as a tool in interrogation, you should chop their heads and display as warning, or you will have people do those things to "protect their family" when someone powerful kidnaps them (make it so the only way to save your family is to seek the protection of the state, or at least there's no benefit in performing high-treason when your family is threatened as they die either way.).

Dex-chan lover
Eh, better to keep them alive just so they might provide more information/proof once they crack (be that isolated cells, or from not being allowed to sleep, or finding their family - just ensure that they are all kept separated so they can't collude, and guarded by people you are certain won't help cover the perpetrators asses). If you want to have them serve as a warning, you could always do that later, or pick a few to do so early with.
Either way, unless you are actively using their family as a tool in interrogation, you should chop their heads and display as warning, or you will have people do those things to "protect their family" when someone powerful kidnaps them (make it so the only way to save your family is to seek the protection of the state, or at least there's no benefit in performing high-treason when your family is threatened as they die either way.).

They already know who's the main culprit are, and letting those so-called "Palace Guards" live is nothing more than a waste of resources, because they already shown that they're not loyal to their king, which literally the person that they supposed to obey and serve.

Hell, even their families can also be punished, because in many cases of treason, their whole family is also executed, or at the very least gets banished from the country they live in, since they also have a tendency to do the same.

Better to get rid of them all, and make an example for the others that the act of treason is a really bad thing to do.

Dex-chan lover
They already know who's the main culprit are, and letting those so-called "Palace Guards" live is nothing more than a waste of resources, because they already shown that they're not loyal to their king, which literally the person that they supposed to obey and serve.

Hell, even their families can also be punished, because in many cases of treason, their whole family is also executed, or at the very least gets banished from the country they live in, since they also have a tendency to do the same.

Better to get rid of them all, and make an example for the others that the act of treason is a really bad thing to do.
Sounded more like they had a suspicion, maybe even confessions, but lacked corrupt guards coughing up any evidence for them (or they could've put full blast on the archbishop, no matter how influential he is). Hence why it would be worthwhile to see if you could make someone cough up such evidence.

But yes, you did agree with me that best way to avoid high treason from people holding someone's family hostage, is to tie the capital punishment to them + relatives x steps separation (including marital ones such as wives).

Dex-chan lover
This manga is all over the place. So many things go untouched and so much time and events pass by without the reader getting to know about them...

Dex-chan lover
I guess it took this dude 4 days to wake up too since if he was just awake thrn he would be able to instantly say ourbguy was a Guest of the king and not then having him sit 4 days in jail. Like lmao
They already knew that he is the guest of the king. That exactly why they captured him, because they are ordered to do so by the archbishop, they are a corrupt authorities

Dex-chan lover
Royal Guard:
"My apologies, Saijal-dono; let's leave for the capital, now."

ACTUAL (correct) answer:
"No, you have my apologies, sir; since the king is powerless to see to the welfare of his own guest, and the person responsible for the attack is free to continue doing what he pleases, I'm afraid that I cannot attend to the King. As it is plainly the Archbishop's city, I would be foolish to travel there especially as the King is powerless to ensure the safety of his subjects... much less his important guests.
"No, I shall go to another kingdom and slay what dragons they may have, and lend my power to them; if they have a disease that threatens the very existence of their kingdom, I will make sure to help them, of course. I'm sure they will be able to show gratitude, instead of dismissing the assistance I give them, and allowing my life to be threatened.
"Do tell His Majesty that I wish him the best in reclaiming his kingdom."

I think that answer (which may be harsh, but I just thought it up after reading that page) might actually resolve the problem of church and state being joined so closely...
Even if it didn't, it would still be great to watch the Archbishop go the way of Thomas a'Beckett...

Dex-chan lover
Lifestyle magic certainly isn't a worthless skill. It all depends on the execution.

That said? This manga is really failing at execution. The plot feels so disjointed. The arc with the plague should have been something that took up several chapters, but it was all resolved in -LESS THAN- one chapter.

Oh, and what was that about a noble's daughter being poisoned? That sounds pretty damn serious but it's like, "Yeah, I cured her. By the way, she was poisoned. kaythxbai!"

I'll stick with this for a few more chapters, but if things don't improve, I'm afraid I'll have to drop this one.

Dex-chan lover
3 attempted murders
1 kidnapping
4 days worth of torture

If they're not dead by next chapter this whole kingdom is fucked on arrival.

Fed-Kun's army
They should spread the news of this incident to everyone like the paparazzi and see the church's power crumble. Or at least have the archbishop suffer.
Not only did the MC saved so many people just to get tortured because of him,he even killed innocent people and yet the archbishop only get a slap on the hand? Wtf is this BS

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Let's see... 13 chapters in all... I start to see why....

"Completed" by the thing those "palace guards" and that ever so predictable bishop ( no doubt supported by a noble of "a rival faction" ) should have met the very moment they were caught attacking and detaining, possibly attempt to "disappearing" an invited guest of the royal family.

Honestly, the only merit in this story is that it's a very clear-cut example of how not to tell one.

Dex-chan lover
With only 3 chapters left it'd be nice if this got finished off even if it's going to be a crappy ending (or non-ending)

I'm trying to purge my "reading" list as much as I can but I hate bailing on something so close to the end unless it's just so unforgivably awful that I can't be bothered to finish.

Users who are viewing this thread