Seiken Gakuin no Maken Tsukai - Vol. 6 Ch. 34

Dex-chan lover
Why am I getting ideas that his team of roughnecks are born from DnD?

What's next? I start asking them to roll a D20?

Dex-chan lover
Why am I getting ideas that his team of roughnecks are born from DnD?

What's next? I start asking them to roll a D20?
For a setting like this, it might be better to use Shadowrun.
Or a universal system like GURPS. Then again, I'm using GURPS for almost everything, so I might be biased.

Dex-chan lover
Does it still need to roll a NAT20 for a crit? I'll take it if it does cause this merry band of misfits are going to need it
Shadowrun uses "dice pool" mechanic, where players roll a ton of d6s, and count how many of them got good results to determine how successful the character is. The rulebook I am reading now says 4 or more successes is a critical success, but it might be different in different editions.
It also uses "exploding dice" mechanic, where players can have extraordinarily big amount of successes against all odds.

Dex-chan lover
Shadowrun uses "dice pool" mechanic, where players roll a ton of d6s, and count how many of them got good results to determine how successful the character is. The rulebook I am reading now says 4 or more successes is a critical success, but it might be different in different editions.
It also uses "exploding dice" mechanic, where players can have extraordinarily big amount of successes against all odds.
I watched a group do a Shadowrun campaign, and it sounds like the RNG is more harsh and less favorable to being overprepared? Too many dice on a test and you can get a glitch on your successful roll, adding an element of failure, while someone with fewer dice would either flawlessly succeed or completely fail (and maybe get a critical glitch, leading to an even worse outcome)

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Some nice 'visuals' for this chapter - I am satisfied but more please!

Users who are viewing this thread