Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - Parents' Memories

all his interactions with the village chief have sirens flaring in my head:
she doesn't give any information, only takes;
after he tells her who his parents were she mentions how she already had seen the resemblance, classic swindle method;
she says his parents had a reason for getting away, but doesn't say why;
"we are related! why don't you stay?";
the empty, nameless graves;
her face throughout the whole conversation, as if she is just trying to get as much information as possible;
the way she treated the girls when they got in her house.
this woman is NOT trust worthy

Contributor
Oh god, is he literally wearing Kirito's black coat?

@FriendlyDemon At least from the WN perspective (since the manga is based on the LN and I haven't read through that yet), I can proudly say...

The sirens are a false alarm.

As for why it's a little hush-hush right now, it'll come to light soonish, but if you want the TL;DR...

(Also some spoiler inception if anyone wants to go further down the rabbit hole).

Rio's mother, Ayame, was the princess of Yagumo. His father, Zen, was a royal guard. Yuba really is Zen's mother and is legitimately Rio's grandmother.

As for why they had graves already after they left, it's some fun juicy stuff. Simply put...

Another country wanted Ayame to marry into their royalty for diplomatic reasons. Refusal would result in war. The person she would marry was basically renowned as a douche canoe. Ayame and her family were fearing the worse for her on top of not liking the deal. Zen and Ayame ran off with her family's blessings since I believe they already had feelings for each other. To help prevent a war, they were written off as dead during their attempt to flee, and the other country bitterly accepted that.

So for the sake of the country's peace, it's a hush-hush topic that the princess was actually alive and successfully fled.

The graves are also unmarked due to the perspective that Ayame attempted to flee and brought shame to the country.

Dex-chan lover
:v for those who ask is this the end well according to the webnovel
no
since apparently after this he will goes meet the parents of the mother side and then hunt the bastard who killed his mother :v

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
The hunt for his mother's killer was such...
A damn letdown. Apparently the guy specialized in hunting down reincarnators and people with special skills. The MC finds him and butchers him effortlessly.

Fed-Kun's army
@Sep10trionIt's takes so long for a new chapter to come that i always forget some plot points.
And you call that a letdown? There are some villains in other series that deserve this kind of ending but never get it. Good to see we have a story in which an enemy truly gets what is coming to him.

I lowkey thought she was going to say he was a incest baby. Then I remember this is manga, they problem expect him to put a baby in his cousin.

For some reason, people are panicking. Should I act like one too?

"ahh! No don't axe the ending!"

Users who are viewing this thread