Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles - Vol. 6 Ch. 29

I hate to agree, but @nasif is absolutely right.
Even though I quite like the world the author created
like what he does with the common isekai trope of hero summoning, not involving gods, getting to explore how the summoned heroes deal, revealing the overreaching story for it gradually, getting different travel companions as the story progresses
, his lack of growth and his interactions with any female
with a lot of them liking him and him doing the whole bathing-together-is-fine-because-japan thing more than once, while soft-rejecting them, saying he only has loves one girl, who only gets summoned later in the story as a heroine (together with his step and half siblings) and when he does meet her, basically does nothing and never reveals himself to her, but when he finally tries he does it in letter-form delivered through an intermediary, just asking to be intercepted
, is just frustrating and tiring.
There are many things to like about this story, but one of its main flaws is the MC and he is why I eventually stopped keeping with the story and eventually dropping it completely, ~1 year ago.
Yet here I am again, just observing what the manga does (not overly impressed, but entertained nevertheless)

Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators. I really can't wait to know what will happen next, when will they release it, I wish it will come fast.

@nasif Agree with you aside from two things, first is the morality of the MC, people differs a lot with each other, just like how I hate vegetables while others really loves it. Same with the morality, others are fine with killing while others are not. There are bastard-serial-killer kind of people and also there are two goody shoes. If he can't stomach of him killing people, then so be it. I do think that it kinda give some taste that's uncommon mostly to isekai. Second, the mc of mushoku tensei of being underpowered, being isekai-ed doesn't guaranteed overwhelming power. I mean, I do both enjoy overpowered and underpowered mc, it just depends on the plot, world and character building and I must say, mushuko tensei justified the mc, nonetheless.
Anyways, both of these are based on preference of a person.

Dex-chan lover
Dude keeps his cool like a pro. Almost like a jedi master.

@wankerLin He's a psychopath. I don't believe you are really judge his coolness by normal standards as his emotions are different from those of normal people (that is, the vast majority of humans). In fact I don't think he's that cool because he's clearly lacking patience and planning ability. Of course it could be he suddenly was in a hurry and had to end his project with Rio and Ayame early, but it rather seemed to me he couldn't contain his sexual urges anymore and had to proceed with half-baked measures.

@hanjin21 oh you are misunderstanding something i am fine with MC being a two goody shoes as you call him, i am saying it just does not justify with his age he is already plus 35 years old in mind .Twenty something years as a office worker and 15 years he is living in that world and he is not shown to be stupid that he doesn't know what's going on in this world imo his mother was raped and killed in front of him as a 5 year old and the author just justifies him being not paranoid because his memories of past life came back. Humans are very adaptable creatures and he is shown too have no adaptability from when he was 5 years old when he got his memories back nada, the author should have shown us something like dual personality of rio and haruto and shown internal struggle because alternating views of both personalities but the author completely overwrites rio's personality with haruto. if that did not happen we could have saw the mc growth as a person in this world.Only once we are shown some growth in last chapters back when he finally decides to kill lucius. That brings me back to my original point i don't know if manga follows LN but if it does it's just a forced plot story with tonne of plot holes i can point them out if you like.
Also finally about mushuku tensei i just like my mc's to be comparable to the enemy in a story. In mushuku tensei that god is too fricking overpowered which i don't like and the possibilities of magic could have been explored further the mc doesn't feel like a mc to me but a side character who is trying his best to pave the path for future generations . I assume that's why many people liked the story. It's just not my cup of tea.

@nasif I don't know if you've read the LN (not the WN), but Rio states in it...

... he doesn't consider himself to be Haruto in Rio's body, but Rio with Haruto's memories. Which means while he gains from having Haruto's memories, he doesn't believe that he can be Haruto. Though he doesn't really start thinking about it until he meets Miharu again, since a lot of the internal struggles is whether or not to expose the fact that he has Haruto's memories to the rest of the transported Japanese, and how they would react, especially with the things he has done.

And yes, humans are very adaptable - 2 years of living in the slums where betrayal, lies and oppression is the norm, and then 5-6 years of living in an environment where everybody but one scorns him and he ends up being the scapegoat for a crime he didn't commit - what kind of adaptions do you think a person will make in those environments?

Also, I don't think he just decided to kill Lucius - he's always wanted to do so from the beginning. He wasn't hunting him down - as he said, revenge wasn't his goal - but if he comes across Lucius, he will kill him, Haruto's memories be damned. Later volumes of the novels pushes that even further, after he severely injured Lucius in their first fight, and he deliberately hunts Lucius down to finish the job.

Dex-chan lover
@dragoonstorm7
If you're saying that based on the WN, then throw that opinion in the trash because from this point forwards in the LN the story starts being VERY changed up.

+1 with Kurogwane,

The LN and WN deviate a lot more to add fillers to pad the series for more books.
Personally i felt the WN had a nicer flow then the LN.

@Heucuva Unfortunately i read both LN and WN and i was disappointed in both of them dude he doesn't think himself as haruto ??!! thats just straight bs shit from author to make the reader believe that, he always thinks as a japanese person not as a resident of that world it's like no rio part existed in him at all so where did you see him struggle ??? i will tell you you don't at least in all volumes i read all WN and LN he is always haruto
he names himself amakawa after the fight with lucius too
and i stick to the point that he has not adapted to this world after his memories came back he just went with the flow and never thought of anything until he reached that village and that incident happens when he loses himself and accepts a bad side of himself .
As a normal human being he should have felt more anger hatred but none of that happens he just lets it all go, is this guy a saint??? well i do not want to talk about this further.
The only enjoyable thing for me in this LN was
when he knocked out that shitty bastard the shitty hero childhood friend of miharu
. that is when i stopped reading the LN so my knowledge is until that volume.

@nasif
When it comes to morality age doesn't matter whether your old or young. Being able to comprehend his situation in a world wherein killing people was like a normal thing to do is was too different than killing someone using your own hands. He can understand that killing is necessary but he can't stomach the killing by his own hands. Killing someone for the first time, it's normal to puke or be haunted by your guilt not unless that person is a psychotic. And age doesn't justify the morality of a person, mind does. Maturity doesn't means to be an adult defined by age but by mind. Its like anyone can kill a person but not everyone can be okay after that, they can be haunted by guilt, have ptsd, whatsoever. Besides, what you are criticizing about the mc can be use as flavor for his character building.

Regarding to mushuko tensei, erm... Is there any problem with a God that is overpowered? As far as I know, they're are the most powerful being, right? So, anything wrong with that? Besides, maybe the author wants it to be a mainstream kind of ln, anime, manga or prolong the story by taking it slowly with lots of details. Also, starting from weak or average means character building. He's strong when he left their house but then upon expanding his vision, he was still a kid, meeting more powerful characters means world building and character building. Think of it as molding the mc to be a better character. Just because he was weak compare to a "god" doesn't mean he can't be strong right? Just like one piece, naruto, bleach, etc. wherein the mc started weak. By doing so, s far the story goes there's an improvement, a lot more flavor to the characters.

Anyways, like you've said, not your cup of tea.

@hanjin21 I agree to disagree with you seems to me we have reached an impasse. My point still stands no struggle or morality that you claim to be mc is not shown in the story.Its not a slice of life genre where everyone is happy go lucky. I know that everyone has issues and perspective about morality but in case of mc it's not shown what type of issues he has again nothing is described, are we just supposed to assume everything about his psyche?? No context is given to us as readers to understand mc point of view.

About mushuku tensei yes it was not my cup of tea he feels like a side character lol i am repeating that again.

@nasif Not exactly to assume but to read between the lines, I guess. Just like how the author of Oregairu wants his readers to learn how to read between the lines, not all details are given, tho there are hints. Well, its hard to say if its really to assume or read between the lines since there are only few chapters to begin with, at a later date, hopefully the author will lead us to something about the mental phase of the MC.

@hanjin21 Wow you read oregairu ?? that shit is nuts goes way over my brain. Is it's author a psychologist or something ? that shit hurts to read and also to watch if you get what mean.
And yes i hope RIO story shows some more in depth thought of characters and not just because he was a noble she did this and that just because he was psycho he did that etc.

Don't trust too much the spoilers in the comment, some are twisted in the wrong way, especially those ntr things

Users who are viewing this thread