Sekai ni Hitori, Zenzokusei Mahou no Tsukaite - Ch. 21 - Excitement (Provocation)

Dex-chan lover
"nah.... let these kids cook"

alright, who let the zoomers near the translator's table?
:pepela:
That kind of line kills me every time. Get the Zoomers away from the translator stove.
Sorry, found that funny lmao and my proofreader approves xD

I also translate some other mangas for KsGroup but this perticular one I put the most jokes in because without it the story is just so plain and predictable

Dex-chan lover
"Little by little you learn the merits of everyone, that's what you're best at, Delia!"

He literally just ran in without telling anyone anything, not even saying he was just gonna be a distraction. The one to actually make the "plan" was Kyle, who had to keep Sykes from running in and trying to save Delia. Delia didn't make any attempt to understand/utilize the others' strengths, beyond "they can do more damage than me, so I guess I gotta tank".

Dex-chan lover
That kind of line kills me every time. Get the Zoomers away from the translator stove.
not as bad as the 'patriarchy' dragon maid line lol. these days i half expect mangaka to draw menhera/jirai kei girls talking modern JP slang too

Dex-chan lover
It’s similar to one of those MMO (that has no stat sync) stories, where one overleved guy will say to the newbies, “Don’t worry I’ll support so you can enjoy the fight/learn the mechanics” then proceeded to (perhaps) “accidentally” used an offensive skill and destroyed the boss(es) . :ROFLMAO:

Dex-chan lover
i don't see why it's bad
It's bad because it's a severely different tone, meaning and has an "idiological" push that the original line didn't intend to have.
EDIT: In other words, it missrepresents the creators original intent to further the "localizers" own agenda.

Dex-chan lover
i don't see why it's bad
It's bad because it's a severely different tone, meaning and has an "idiological" push that the original line didn't intend to have.
EDIT: In other words, it missrepresents the creators original intent to further the "localizers" own agenda.
and i would add that only the english dub do it
edit: yeah let's not feed the troll more

Damn.. “let these kids cook”. I guess it’s genuinely time to pick up learning jp. Otherwise these translations would be “bussin bussin” when he defeats the boss… Thank you translator-san, this was the motivation I genuinely needed to get started.
"nah.... let these kids cook"

alright, who let the zoomers near the translator's table?
:pepela:

Dex-chan lover
Sorry, found that funny lmao and my proofreader approves xD

I also translate some other mangas for KsGroup but this perticular one I put the most jokes in because without it the story is just so plain and predictable
I said this somewhere a couple years ago that I wanted to see an isekai that had had its culture utterly destroyed by modern memes. So they act like those past time periods, but some memelord hero came in and ruined them with twitch chat speak/stupid slang. So everything they say is maximum cringe. And they introduced incredible stories like Fred, annoying orange, and skibidi toilet, so all plays/ songs read like one of those. And they painted a bunch of incredible artworks that are just image macros with top text bottom text, pepes, and deep fried images of Hank Hill with the word weed.
Then later some some older hero gets summoned and they have to walk through this hellscape, and their part has to keep them from offing themself out of cringe.

Anyways your jokes get a good chuckle out of me, and I’m not here for some dramatic story

Dex-chan lover
I said this somewhere a couple years ago that I wanted to see an isekai that had had its culture utterly destroyed by modern memes. So they act like those past time periods, but some memelord hero came in and ruined them with twitch chat speak/stupid slang. So everything they say is maximum cringe. And they introduced incredible stories like Fred, annoying orange, and skibidi toilet, so all plays/ songs read like one of those. And they painted a bunch of incredible artworks that are just image macros with top text bottom text, pepes, and deep fried images of Hank Hill with the word weed.
Then later some some older hero gets summoned and they have to walk through this hellscape, and their part has to keep them from offing themself out of cringe.

Anyways your jokes get a good chuckle out of me, and I’m not here for some dramatic story
That story sounds wild af I'm afraid to learn more

Users who are viewing this thread