Sekai ni Hitori, Zenzokusei Mahou no Tsukaite - Ch. 5 - Placement

Dex-chan lover
Ah I’ve found another person that likes to bitch about a series they dislike. You do realize that you can easily just drop the series and don’t need to announce to us how much you dislike the series right? The funniest thing is that if the mangaka did go the route of putting him into a special class or even just a high ranked class you’d still be bitching about that. I’ve seen it happen on series that do that so don’t try to pretend you wouldn’t bitch no matter which way the series went.

For the record we have no idea about anything for that girl other than she has a large amount of power. It also makes sense that nothing happened to him as no one other than a handful of people even knew about him, even less people know he has all attributes and the girl did look for him but couldn’t find him. What exactly were you expecting to happen to him after he saved the girl?
You do realise you could just not read/comment on people saying they dislike a series, congrats your logic is in a nutshell.

This series is super below average that's just a copy of many different series in this genre. If by chapter 5 a series like this has little to no world building that's pretty bad. Means they are gonna pull world building out of their ass when plot needs it.
I'm not dropping it yet but it's damn close for me.

Double-page supporter
Hell yeah! It's totally generic, predictable and cliche filled manga that literally has nothing new to it at all. 0 originality. This is so interesting and fun! I can't wait to see what will happen in the future and how is it gonna continue like any other mass produced mediocre tier manga that exists in abundance already! People who rate this 10\10 have such a great and refined taste! (dropped this generic trash if someone didn't guess that already)

Dex-chan lover
I think its similar to sighing
I can tell that much, but what language is it even from? It ain't English, so there's clearly a 2-step translation going on here (which is a whole conversation in and of itself).

Dex-chan lover
I can tell that much, but what language is it even from? It ain't English, so there's clearly a 2-step translation going on here (which is a whole conversation in and of itself).
In some asian country (e.g. South Korea, Japan, Indonesia) "haiz" can mean both sighing (i.e. haa/huft) or groaning (i.e. argh) depending on the context.

Idk if this a good analogy but like, in most countries, cat meow is "meow" but in Japan it's "nyaa". It's the same as this one. Most countries use "haaa" when sighing and some of those asian countries use "haiz" or "haish" tho I'm pretty sure some of them still use the regular "haaa" sighing if they were told to write how it sounds.

Dex-chan lover
In some asian country (e.g. South Korea, Japan, Indonesia) "haiz" can mean both sighing (i.e. haa/huft) or groaning (i.e. argh) depending on the context.

Idk if this a good analogy but like, in most countries, cat meow is "meow" but in Japan it's "nyaa". It's the same as this one. Most countries use "haaa" when sighing and some of those asian countries use "haiz" or "haish" tho I'm pretty sure some of them still use the regular "haaa" sighing if they were told to write how it sounds.
Okay, thank you. That's what I was wondering. Also makes some of the other TL issues start to make sense.

Dex-chan lover
While I disagree on what he said, I also hate this YoU cAn JuSt DrOp iT mentality, these are comments where you comment on your opinions, this logic is also broken, just as he coudve ignored how much he disliked this series you couldve also ignored his comment, you are doing the same thing as him, commenting on a thing that made you mad or that you dislike, which in my opinion there is nothing wrong with, there are many holes in his argument which you can debunk(which you did), just dont use this stupid flaud and infuriating logic

the reason why i said he could just have dropped it without commenting is because thats what ive done. if i dont like a series and stop reading it i dont feel the need to announce it to the manga community on what i dislike about it.

sure ill agree i should have been nicer about it. was frustrated at the time because of another commenter (on a completely different series) posted some of the dumbest complaints about 5 different manga series which all had explanations earlier in the series on why something had happened the way it did. It was bad timing to see his comment after right after i saw that commentor's idiocy.

Dex-chan lover
Let him have his fun.

it's entertaining to me either way.

Also he approached my statement in the wrong way. He assumed I dislike this overall.

I'm still entertained by the manga. But I also am not blind to the fact that it is just a speedrun through the most predictable trope and the writing is pretty poor. Part of my commentary was also as a pre-emptive statement to some comment I would see in the previous chapters of people being somehow let down by what is fairly clearly a standard one size fits all isekai setup like Smartphone in Another World. But y'know, like how you can have fun watching The Room, you can have fun reading badly written Isekai.

I think he mainly failed to understand that my commentary was that it was done sloppily and that others shouldn't have been approaching it with high hopes, especially not with how the first few chapters portrayed the story.

Tropes are just tropes, and it's not bad to use them. But if the story doesn't take the proper time and pacing for the story and just shortcuts everything. The audience is left to fill in the gap with the standard elements of the tropes. The thing though is that this manga seems to be trying to play mostly straight and isn't a gag manga, so the level of self awareness is fairly low in the writing.

Personally, I'm more curious in which way you disagree with what I said, if it's what i said whole or if it's just parts of my statements.

And who knows, maybe the world building will get better, the plot contrivances will get fleshed out and explained. Or maybe the novel it was based on had a lot more details that were omitted in the manga for the purpose of speeding up to the Good part while forgetting to properly set up the foundation.
while i still completely disagree with what you had originally said i will say sorry for the way i commented to you.

just as a small bit of advice please try not be condescending towards other readers with stuff like "I'm glad you began reading Isekai or Fantasy style stories recently. I hope these tropes are fresh to you and entertaining."

I've probably have read more isekai series than most and there's fresh stuff to this series. It's def not on the level of trash as i've read the book series that have been trash and this isnt one of them. unless this series deteriorates fast, to the level of trashiness of the book "The Mister", i could never call it trash. more than likely itll be average which is fine for a series to be. not every isekai needs to be on the level of Slime, Kumo or Death Mage.

Dex-chan lover
You do realise you could just not read/comment on people saying they dislike a series, congrats your logic is in a nutshell.

This series is super below average that's just a copy of many different series in this genre. If by chapter 5 a series like this has little to no world building that's pretty bad. Means they are gonna pull world building out of their ass when plot needs it.
I'm not dropping it yet but it's damn close for me.

hello Sir Bitchalot. are you here to make more easily debunked complaints and make yourself look like the idiot you are?

Dex-chan lover
The case is that if you have any intelligence you know this is poorly written trash but might still enjoy it. If you’re an idiot you read this and enjoy it without questioning anything. Anyone reading this though is closer to idiot than not. Yes myself included.

Dex-chan lover
Ya'll are dumb for arguing over a generic manga. Its literally the most by the book thing ive ever read no pun intended. It follows the stereotypical guidelines to a T from the overly optimistic OP main character to the comically incompetent adults and teachers. Its a lesson in mediocrity

Dex-chan lover
Ah I’ve found another person that likes to bitch about a series they dislike. You do realize that you can easily just drop the series and don’t need to announce to us how much you dislike the series right? The funniest thing is that if the mangaka did go the route of putting him into a special class or even just a high ranked class you’d still be bitching about that. I’ve seen it happen on series that do that so don’t try to pretend you wouldn’t bitch no matter which way the series went.

For the record we have no idea about anything for that girl other than she has a large amount of power. It also makes sense that nothing happened to him as no one other than a handful of people even knew about him, even less people know he has all attributes and the girl did look for him but couldn’t find him. What exactly were you expecting to happen to him after he saved the girl?
They are complaining about a specific chapter rather than the series.

Also, they are venting a comment after giving it a chance.

It's one thing if they always complain about the series after 40 or 50 chapters, it's another to complain after the fifth and then drop it.

It's also different than complaining about a single event that's happening in the whole story.

You can hate a single chapter while liking the rest... or hating a single event or etc...

Dex-chan lover
Okay, so the obviously broken monster is put into the worst class....

That's kinda stupid....

Dex-chan lover
They are complaining about a specific chapter rather than the series.

Also, they are venting a comment after giving it a chance.

It's one thing if they always complain about the series after 40 or 50 chapters, it's another to complain after the fifth and then drop it.

It's also different than complaining about a single event that's happening in the whole story.

You can hate a single chapter while liking the rest... or hating a single event or etc...

I’ve already apologized to them as their complaints and condescension about people reading the series, coupled with me having dealt with Dwarfy across 5 series where all they were doing was bitching about stuff that had explanations as to why it was happening or complaining about things that weren’t actual issues and just him being an idiot and not understanding why a character wasn’t doing X, made me too irritated to be civil with then at that time.

Dex-chan lover
Ya'll are dumb for arguing over a generic manga. Its literally the most by the book thing ive ever read no pun intended. It follows the stereotypical guidelines to a T from the overly optimistic OP main character to the comically incompetent adults and teachers. Its a lesson in mediocrity
Problem is that the good ones at least have a proper reason to put the MC in the worst class....

This showed him as an easy to ID invincible god.... it took no effort...

Dex-chan lover
Okay, so the obviously broken monster is put into the worst class....

That's kinda stupid....
TBF to them they kinda didn’t know what to do with him so decided to go with what the guidelines said to do. It’d be like a genius correcting all the questions on a test and putting the right answers to what the questions should have been but they’re failed because they didn’t put the answers that are on the answer sheet. Oh and the teachers don’t understand the corrections the student made so they can’t judge whether they’re right or wrong

Dex-chan lover
Okay, thank you. That's what I was wondering. Also makes some of the other TL issues start to make sense.
"Haiz" and "fighting" really shows the biases this TL has, and it's makes me cringe inside whenever I see them.

Fed-Kun's army
What the mf does "Haiz" even mean? From what alien language does this nonsense come from?

Users who are viewing this thread