Sekai Saikyou no Assassin, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei Suru - Vol. 2 Ch. 6.2

Dex-chan lover
@sdarkpaladin These people don't really look smart, I doubt they thought that far or that they actions could backfire. I expect them to die horrible deaths.

Dex-chan lover
The timeline seems a bit weird now, when Macha was first introduced it was stated that he adopted her four months ago (makes sense since he was only gonna be Ilg for two years), but in this flashback she looks super fucking young compared to her current appearance.

Dex-chan lover
@Salfaro: That's because he didn't say that he was looking for someone to adopt, he was looking for someone to be his right hand, i.e. he has a job vacancy and is looking for someone to fill it. The adoption taking place much later is probably because he needed her to prove her skills enough for his pretend-father to be sufficiently convinced of the merits of such a move, since logically that man is the one who has to go through the legal work of adopting her even if it's Lugh's idea.

Dex-chan lover
So silly.
- I'm going to give up my chance
1 second later
- On second thought, nevermind, he is so hot!!!11
Also, the villain has a comical face again. It looks out of place in a story about child prostitution.
Fortunately, an erotic outfit and cute breasts helped me to finish reading this.

Dex-chan lover
@botodopo true but that is killing their own kids.

@tonie Unfortunately not all pedos are given their just rewards. If an inmate ain't a bitch or uppity they won't incur the wrath of the guards and might be safe from other inmates especially if they join a gang. The beatings don't fix them of the urges either. My buddies jail got a bunch of middle eastern pedos in his jail and they are getting their beatings because they think they are tough and basically the guards respond slower when it involves the pedos and a couple were killed. Don't know if female pedos have that problem or if they even have to worry about getting their shit kicked in.

it is a difficult subject of course, but a lot of native girls have been abused by the men involved though the native girls basically learned sex can get them things. Hell they even get caught hooking and this ain't just the orphans, but girls in foster care. That is one of my reasons as to why men shouldn't really have contact, but maybe it would be better that no "meetings" take place between only 2 people. Which is an idea applied in other areas as a way to protect both women and men. to protect those who may be assaulted and those who may be falsely accused. There was an article about men in tech companies and healthcare wanting a third party in any meeting they had a woman where it was only going to be him and her in a closed room because there were so many false accusations of sexual assault against men

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax but it still isn't to the point that all men will abuse children and/or protect people that do that.
You just can't say that men can't take care of the children just because there are some pedos and drunkasses.

Didn't she got adopted 4 months ago? Wait, so you're telling me that this brat transformed into that girl in mere 4 months? Wow, isekai genes are amazing.

Maybe it's a quirk of translation, but the use of 'sullied' annoys me. It stinks of being more concerned with a loss of virginity than the actual fact this girl is actually about to be raped and beaten. It's puritanical thinking that gets on my nerves. If the plan was to torture her it wouldn't be worded in such an odd way.

It's not to escape being sullied like she was dirty goods. It's to escape a fucking rape and beating!

Dex-chan lover
@tuhjik I think it's pretty on point, at least with what little knowledge we have of this world.

Now, since you more or less made a reasonable argument, you don't seem like an autistic screecher. Therefore let's get something out of the way. You don't need to LIKE it. You just need to try to "logically" think if it makes sense.
For example, I don't like James Bond being a murderer and using women like tissues, a different one in each book/movie. But I can see why women would like a classy British guy.

So, here. Even in our world, innocence and "purity" are big thing in some cultures. Not the whole world is promiscuous, you know? Gypsies, for example (or well, gypsies in some countries, not sure if all) have a tradition in which an older woman breaks a bride's hymen to make sure she bleeds and is, in fact, a virgin for her husband.
Again, remember, you don't have to like it, just know it's a thing.
In this other world, it's totally possible that you're expected to be a virgin for your man. Therefore, it makes sense that she doesn't mind MUCH about the violence/rape itself. She's a tough girl, she survived in the streets.
But what she can't handle, mentally, is thinking that she won't be a virgin for the man she loves. Also, her first love, and totally stricken she is.
And if you want to give it a further twirl, there's the issue of STDs and possibility of getting pregnant with the child of "another man" (rapist or not).

So, again. Without more information...I'd say "sullied" makes perfect sense.

@tatherwood
What I'm objecting to isn't that such cultural attitudes about virginity exist in this fictional world or our own. Much, much worse than that exists. What I'm objecting to is that the authors choices here in how he creates the character, introduces her and protrays her thoughts betrays how he sees and writes her. She and other female characters are defined by their desirability to the MC and, by extension, we the readers. As a power fantasy manga this is common. But I have my limits and saving her virginity being what spurs her in to action is it.

This is a character who exists to be desired by the MC, whose story is designed to make her feel incredibly indebted to him and whose thoughts can't even stray beyond staying desirable for the MC. It's not simply the fact that she was concerned about staying a virgin, it's that even after writing every single aspect of her in terms of her debt and desiribility to the MC, after giving her a traumatic and difficult life, he couldn't muster the empathy to say she might want to escape and run for her own sake, rather than because the MC would want his girls 'fresh'.

To me that's not about accurately portraying a society, that's the authors own thoughts about what he desires coming through. Usually I'm fine with it, this is fantasy trash ater all. but if the author can't stop and think of her as anything but MC fodder for even one second, I can't take it.

Dex-chan lover
@tuhjik All of those are fair points, but not sure they link to your comment.

You make it very clear you don't like the character, and/or how it's written. Again, for good reasons, whether other people agree with you or not.
But you were condemning the use of "sullied", and whether it was a TL issue, and it's not. It's very on point (probably) with the character we have...a character you don't like, but still.

It's like a trophy wife. She exists literally ONLY to stand there and look hot next to her husband. You may not like that such women exist, but they do, and the definition I gave of them is pretty much on point (now, I'm not saying that's ALL they are in life or anything, but you get my point. As a trophy wife, that's what she does).

So same here. Is it sad, or bad writing, that her only reason for existing is to like the MC? Sure. Just like how it's sad for a Romance heroine to be added ONLY so there can be some jealousy drama and she can have her heart broken when the MC chooses his OTP.
But the fact is, that's their role. Therefore, critize the author, or the manga. But the word sullied is still very much appropriate.

In fact, I'm gonna give you an actual example of where you could be mad in that way. Kanojo mo Kanojo. An ACTUAL Harem/Poly manga.
The MC is dating 2 girls at once, they all live together, both of the girls know about it AND accept it. Now, you may like it, or you may not. But that's the setting.
Thing is, not sure if this is OG or TL-only, but there is a CONSTANT and CONSISTENT misuse of the word two-timing. From friends, from the MC himself...
Let's check that out.
Two-time: "deceive or be unfaithful to (a lover or spouse)." He is NOT lying to either of them. He is NOT being unfaithful to either of them. He is NOT two-timing. Period.
THAT is a situation where you could, and most definitely should, be annoyed at a word used.

Dex-chan lover
@tuhjik @Tatherwood Is that a sensible argument about gender portrayal in manga without using ad hominem???? Amazing I didn't think it actually existed!

Also I think you're both right, the focus on "being sullied" instead of "being beaten & raped" makes sense for the setting and characters on this manga, but it is the fault of the author for creating such a setting and using those character archetypes.

Users who are viewing this thread