Sekkaku Cheat Wo Moratte Isekai Ni Teni Shita N Dakara, Suki Na You Ni Ikitemitai - Vol. 3 Ch. 17.5

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, you're right. There is no judge in war, so there is nothing stopping him from shooting you in the head in war.

Dex-chan lover
You goes to brothels, I goes to brothels...
*me/you hand gesture
What is hapenning heeeeere?

Double-page supporter
Wow backstory/set up for a secondary character, possible rival? Hey hey.

Also girl on the battlefield no one cares about closing the distance if they could blast you from range.

well according to what i heard, the guys in the academy including this girl didn't like tauro style was something similar to chivalry pride.
cavalry being obliterated by ranged weapon like bow and would call it not chivalrous.
But in actual combat tauro method was definitely working, just like our current military, using gun and other long range weapon.

Double-page supporter
@Erogami:
Also in a real battle the enymy could have placed traps and lure you into them.
For example make a giant pitfall and cover it with a wooden board that can carry real people and maybe even carriages.
Then put some dirt on it to cover it.
As long as only people or a carriage pass over it there won't be any issues.
But once a heavy giant metal thing like those "knights" step on it the wooden board will break and the knight with the pilot will fall into the pit.

Furthermore in a real battle there is no guarantee that the enemy fights one-vs-one.
In a real battle it would be likely to be attacked from another enemy while you are blocked by the one in front of you.
War is not "many times 1-vs-1" but "one time many-vs-many".
Therefore keeping your distance and shooting is actually more beneficial cause it allows many combatants from one side to focus their attacks on a single target and to support each other from a distance.
Compared to that close quarter combat heavily restricts your allies from attacking the same target and only allows those allies close to you to support / aid you.

----
But then again why do we even bother about the "idiocy" of those side characters.
After all we know very well that they would not be that way in reality because them being stupid in the manga / novel / whatever story is just the author making them dumb so that the MC seems smart, powerful or/and exceptionally talented compared to the side characters.

If such a world would be reality then fighting in a way that allows you to minimize the damage you take would be normal cause any damage taken could lead to your ultimate death.
Hence in a real world they would focus on ranged attacks if they can do it and only use close quarter combat if they have no other choice.

Dex-chan lover
remember kids, pride wont make you win war

except if you're communist nation with overpopulated problem in WW2

Supporter
Author's mind making this and the previous chapter: "F#%!! I forgot to add fanservice, let me make a quick .5 chapter before it is too late.".

@Erogami yeah, there is no way a brawler can win against a long range sniper in the field. If you can't close the distance and deal damage you are going to loose every time.

Banned
@Armsdealer12
I dunno. It seems more like the author is showing how the elf nation is still screwing with other nations by using the brothels. Remember back a few chapters when the author dropped a metric ton of back story during the elf conversation? I guess the author wants to show just because the empire next door's drug plan failed, the elf enemy brothel plan is still ongoing.

Aggregator gang
If their no judges you will win? Pffft like theirs rules in war, messing up means death....you need to utilize your skills how you can to ensure survival

@someunregpunk Umm 🤔 I don’t think it’s elf related, I think that was more to do with the demon that Mc ran away from in the first town
The elves are just cheating by having a barrier to prevent them from orgasming from clients which the Mc broke that one time , it’s more a pride thing so ‘ no one can be as good as them ‘ ...you know the usual ego trip

@Talh People like her existed. Just look at the battle of Crécy and the battle of Azincourt, you will see that her mindset is quite accurate for a knight.
It's not because what she thinks is wrong or stupid that it's not something credible for her to think.

Users who are viewing this thread