Semantic Error - Ch. 13

Cool, they’re actually addressing his condition. I guess he’s one step below having a full on mental disorder.

"The doctor said mine doesn't qualify as a disorder"
How about you go to a psychologist, Sangchu? It's not OCD but it's something else entirely.

Jihye is nice. I hope there's no 3rd wheeler plot for her.

Thanks for the triple update!

yeah... go to a psychologist. i thought this before but he really screams high functioning autism to me. for autism, because it's a spectrum, there is not really a "it has to be severely debilitating for it to be a disorder" gate to cross. people can have it mildly or severely, and he's pretty much the poster child for high functioning to me. i like how much he really does hate that wretched sunbae

Speaking from experience, mental illness isn't always about severity, it's also about how persistent it is.

Even if things like certain seat or particular food preference(?) are minor, if they impact your life enough or have dragged on for years, then he should get re-evaluated

What made you lot think he didn't see a Dr specializing in mental health? It seems to me he did get referred and was evaluated, otherwise what would be the point in saying he has some ("mine") atypical neurology but not needing specific intervention. That literally describes most of the population. He's functioning and coping. Obviously, he wouldn't need a counselor to help him learn to cope etc. There's not going to be a magic pill to make him suddenly become "normal."

Am I missing something lol

the way the comments disregarded the text entirely to still force their own headcanons, they were understandable before but it's already stated here that he consulted his case and that "The doctor said mine doesn't qualify as a disorder"

After reading all those webtoons about uni students harrasing and bullying each other, I perfectly understand why the MC just wants to mind his own business without getting involved with anyone else. His isn't a mental disorder. He just looks like a fragile soul trying the survive in the wild jungle called Korea. Actually I'm glad I could see an MC at last, who doesn't give a shit about what other people think. I'm only sorry he didn't have any friends to rely on but that can't be helped. (The girl in this chapter seems to be a good person tho) As a top student, I'm sure there would be lots of people who would try to take advantage of him. God I'm so scared of Korea.

Users who are viewing this thread