Semantic Error

thank you very much for the explanation. but if he sign up for the extra classes, wont it be graded and thus affect his overall cgpa?

I just c/p a comment from chapter comment here.

Some think MC has autism. I don't think he is.

"Hmm I don't think the MC as autism. Because I used to be like him and I don't think I have autism? "Strange" behavior or non conformist behavior doesn't always hide a disease. He seems more like pissed off by the fact his "perfect" routine is messed up than stressed out by that.

From what I see, I think he's just an extreme antisocial guy who likes logical reasoning and rationality. Math and his optimal routine are based on logical reasoning and analysis. People aren't so he doesn't care about them.
Hard time remembering faces= don't care about people.
lacking social skills = same, it seems like he doesn't want to want to bother interacting with people
Having the same routine = it's convenient."

@yopy the response you got on that chapter from another user already pretty much says it all, but the general gist is; one, having some characteristics typically seen in ppl with a mental disorder doesn't mean you have the disorder too. two, mental disorders aren't diseases, neurodivergent ppl just tick differently. third, while you personally may be neurotypical and identify with Sangwoo a lot of neurodivergent ppl, especially those on the autism sepctrum feel very reminded of their own 'oddities', difficulties they have that Sangwoo has too etc. I can't speak for everyone, but that was how i felt like when i first started reading, and i've seen other nd people voice similar opinions. also, some of his reactions don't seem like they can be explained by just being angry, and some of his reactions to having his routines disturbed aren't logical at all, but again, the other user already said all of that better than i could.

I am not saying your opinion isn't valid, it's fiction, at the end of the day everyone who reads it is going to interpret it and connect with the characters according to their own life and personalities, i guess what i'm trying to say is just, keep an open mind?

Thanks so much for the high quality translation. The art is beauitful and matches well with the scenario. I don't think the revenge is realistic but I'll suspend my disbelief because it's fun.

I like that both main characters have conflicting issues. Both are self-centred in different ways so the conflict feels organic. Jang Jaeyoung is a talented and creative spirit who wants to be respected and loved by his peers (even if he's complacent). Chu Sangwoo doesn't care about relationships; he's focused on his goals and expects his peers to share his work ethic. They both need a 'lesson' so they deserve each other.

I wanted to read this as soon as I read the group assignment scenario. We've all been Chu Sangwoo.
I vicariously enjoyed the credits in his presentation. lol. He's not nice. So what? 'You failed because you didn't attend class or contribute to the assignment'. It's true. Asking a character to take responsibility for their actions is asking them to grow. Friends can do favours for each other but they weren't friends. The professor decides who gets a 'free pass' due to special circumstances (like death in the family). Chu Sangwood did nothing wrong even if it wasn't nice.

Meanwhile, Jang Jaeyoung has I-S-S-U-E-S too.
There is an unrealistic and over-the-top level of detail in his petty revenge. Who has that much time to screw with a stranger...??? He acknowledges that he deserved that grade. If that's true, Chu Sangwoo's personality shouldn't matter. Redo the two units and get on with your life you shiny stalker.
I look forward to learning more about his issues as we go.

I find this webtoon so damn funny so thankyou to the translators! I think Jaeyoung is less bothered by the fact that he had to repeat a grade and more because he’s lowkey narcissistic and Sangwoo doesnt even remember him despite Jaeyoung noticing him so much because of his attraction to Sangwoo. This is advanced level bullying-your-crush and I love how Sangwoo seems like he won’t take this crap lying down. 😂

This is just a guess, but wouldn't the title be better translated as "Syntax error"?

Thank you for all the chapters!!!! I can't believe he almost didn't recognize him without the red hood lollll. Seems like he really doesn't memorize faces.

Group Leader
@jazck - The title was directly translated from the Korean which says semantic error! I believe Sangwoo explains why Jaeyoung is a semantic error to him around chap 11 or 12 too.

Why is this so amusing? I never thought a story about annoying someone else would be so much fun.

I think the MC should've fit under OCD, which is a medical condition but not bad enough to prescribe extra help or medication if it's not to a certain extent.

Someone asked about the retaking and units earlier. If you failed a university class/subject (also called unit depending on the university), you do need to retake that particular class if it a required subject. If not, then you just need to take another unit worth that amount of unit points.

Oh my goodness. I love this. It's too funny!! 🤣
And the art is so good, too.

Thank you for working on it!!

Aggregator gang
idk how sangwoo does it i woulda punched the living daylights outta that guy LMAO idek know his name jung? jaehyung? seeing the red parka fills me with fury this would not be a love bl series it would be a fight series in which sangwoo had the guts to break his nose.

that being said im still reading bc im intrigued by both characters LOL the art is nice and I wanna see where this goes. both are a bit unlikable but that's what makes it fun, and the plot is really refreshing too because both characters are well rounded. I like it a lot, and find myself laughing at how annoyed i get at it

So far I’m loving this series, I like both of the characters. Also I see both sides POV, so I can get why they're acting like this. The only problem I have is with people judging it before we get to see anything. As we can see on chapter 15, jaeyoung is actually trying to get sangwoo to notice him more than what sangwoo already thinks of him which is a scumbag.
I get why people are mad with the path jaeyoung choose. But the other methods he has been trying to use didn't work as well. Which is leading him to think he needs to harass him which is not good at all and you shouldn't do that to people no matter what happens.
As of rn, we don't know what's going to happen. But what I think it's going to be is a love-hate relationship. I respect other people's opinions on this manga. But honestly, some of y'all are reaching way too much then y'all should be.

Users who are viewing this thread