Senator Calls For ‘Dark, Disgusting' Anime And Manga To Be Banned In Australia

@Exile - It's always super funny to bring up as a joke how they lost a war against Emu's when talking to Aussie's.

At one point there was US Politician's that Mortal Kombat on Super Nintendo would create entire generations of violent serial killers. Hell, anyone remember that one lawer from Florida named Jack Thompson(?) claiming video games would destroy the country? We still get people like these all the time on our 24-hour news cycle programs. You can easily look back in history and see it's happened with: movies, tv, music, comics, radio programs, books etc. It's been a worldwide thing for so long; probably forever.

Australia does stand out as an example in more recent times of the crazy's running the asylum. I have family in Melbourne who I see post on social media, or tell me on skype, some of the absolutely crazy things that happen there in the name of "Protection" or "Political Correctness". It's certainly not limited to there either, though.

@25mg12 - What's so bad in 'Canadada' lately? I have some much older family there, too -- but I don't remember them saying much. Maybe they're just too oldto care, though. lol.

Dex-chan lover
Censorship always existed, I could bring up the old Comic Code Authority that was self-regulated as well the Hays Code ... of course there is actual banning and censorship like the Cinematograph Act 1909 in the UK were some movies are still banned.

I understand there should be some barrier to not allow harmful content to be accessed by minors, I understand rating as well content that is illegal so it must be removed and this leads to the hilarity of comics and manga with obvious underage characters not allowed to engage in what is normal behavior (anyone shocked that 17 years olds have sex?) or magically became of age as if a drawing is now a actor pretending to be underage, its the criminalization of thought because when its people that were filmed or photographed in such actions then sure, they were harmed and the law exist to protect them but we can reach the hilarity a legal adult women cannot have sex with someone because she looks underage.

Dex-chan lover
Oh my gosh Australia actually bans A-cup woman? What are they gonna do with an oppai-loli hentai then or a futa loli? They're arguably either "mature-looking enough" or "not a real girl" wouldn't they? They underestimated our fetishes.

Your usual deluded politician, with another scapegoat to use in order to not address actual problems. Can't really get surprised at this point considering they do the same s%^t with gaming.

>dark, disgusting
>literally 3 popular generic shounen garbage whose fanservice and darkness r pretty meh.

Bruh i dont even

If he at least claimed hiatus x hiatus, or a senien, he might have some creditability.

He literally picked it out of a top 10 anime youtube video?

@dandan_the_dandan that'd fall under indecency clause for "not being something the average person isn't offended by" which realtalk probably means any fetish not liked by 51% of the population and many nut politicians.

Better hope u r a pure vanillafag with only big tits and ass fetish.

Users who are viewing this thread