Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga - Vol. 12 Ch. 60 - Great Flower

Dex-chan lover
Basing on our history, Shizuko should have been subject to lots of assassination attempts by now and ended up as a martyr. It is fortunate that the men on top recognize the worth of keeping her alive, albeit at the cost of their own loss.

Was the big boss at the end the one that met Shizuko personally a few chapters ago? There's a lot of characters in this story, for real...

Hmmm.... That's pretty deep. She's pretty much a great asset of the nation at this point. So great that killing her would be a great achievement for Oda's opponent, the greatest even. And protecting her would mean winning in long term for Oda.

Dex-chan lover
I love seeking Shizuko's wolf pack in action. Not just for show or pets, but real comrades. <3 Good chapter overall: more "modern" tech being introduced and history further dashed to bits; Shizuko's got yet more work on her plate; and the battles to come foreshadowed. :3
Basing on our history, Shizuko should have been subject to lots of assassination attempts by now and ended up as a martyr. It is fortunate that the men on top recognize the worth of keeping her alive, albeit at the cost of their own loss.
True, in some ways, I wish we got to see at least a glimpse of that because it feels like she hasn't had to face that. Now, I'm sure she'd pull through after an initial scare, otherwise we wouldn't have a story, but that would be fine too.

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm.... That's pretty deep. She's pretty much a great asset of the nation at this point. So great that killing her would be a great achievement for Oda's opponent, the greatest even. And protecting her would mean winning in long term for Oda.
It might be too late for that. A considerable number of people have already recognized what she's done. Killing her honorably is still on the table, but assassination is basically declaring yourself as the enemy of the common people and long-term prosperity. Anyone who does it might get short-term renown, but will be a target for betrayal and execution once peace is on the agenda.

Dex-chan lover
It might be too late for that. A considerable number of people have already recognized what she's done. Killing her honorably is still on the table, but assassination is basically declaring yourself as the enemy of the common people and long-term prosperity. Anyone who does it might get short-term renown, but will be a target for betrayal and execution once peace is on the agenda.
It's not like most assassins would tell you who they're working for and propaganda would be pretty effective to people outside of her influence (I'm sure Uesugi peasants for example barely even know her), so assassins are definitely still on the table.

Dex-chan lover

Was the big boss at the end the one that met Shizuko personally a few chapters ago? There's a lot of characters in this story, for real...
She is, the difference is all news related to her are Oda top secret, not to mention she have 2 top level samurai as her guard.

It's not like most assassins would tell you who they're working for and propaganda would be pretty effective to people outside of her influence (I'm sure Uesugi peasants for example barely even know her), so assassins are definitely still on the table.
It is on the table, but you'll not receive any warm welcomes once things are over, much less from the commonfolk because you killed the single person that actually gave a damn and tried to do better for their sakes.

Dex-chan lover
Most of them underestimated her at first because she's a woman so they didn't resort to it, now most seems to want to take her for themselves rather than killing her.
Her being a target of various kidnapping attempts would've been more likely imo.

Dex-chan lover
Introducing new inventions is cool but I appreciate how this series also gives some attention to more modern sensibilities and ideas without outright going 'the superior modern person' like a couple of other series I've seen. Based on what's said at the end it'd be interesting to see other clan leaders picking up the same ideas after figuring out that it's working well for Oda.

Dex-chan lover
I love this series so much that it's unreal, thank you so much Kyouchikutou-sensei and Sawada Hajime-sensei as the artists and Yado-Inn for scanlating it :meguu:

Users who are viewing this thread