Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga - Vol. 14 Ch. 66 - Reconnaissance

Dex-chan lover
It might be a bit of a localisation but Its fine. If it was an actual person in the story saying that line, I would agree with you but I feel like the narrator is speaking from the perspective of the current era so using those kinds of phrases is fine
Nah bro, it's gotta be woke lefty translators pushing their agenda, just ignore the author themselves talking about the negative issues with colonialism and colorism for a whole page and a half afterwards.

Dex-chan lover
I'm wondering how this will end.
I'm thinking:
  1. She returns to a distorted version of her time, when Japan is centuries ahead of the rest of the world.
  2. She lives to see the unification of Japan under Ieyasu, then goes back like nothing happens.
  3. She creates tanks and mechs and successfully invades Korea to battle a time shifted Admiral Yi who has modern battleships.
I'm personally hoping for the third one.

The webnovel is still ongoing as of this post, so no idea yet how the author intends to end the story. There are 4 more years left until Nobunaga's assassination at Honnoji....

Dex-chan lover
It might be a bit of a localisation but Its fine. If it was an actual person in the story saying that line, I would agree with you but I feel like the narrator is speaking from the perspective of the current era so using those kinds of phrases is fine
It is a political term that adds nothing to the translation, it doesn't even refer to real group of people outside the context of western politics. The various tribes of Africa, South America, etc have no cultural or historical bond that merit linking them together in such a way. The word we have used in the west for decades to collectively refer to such individual groups was native or indigenous tribes.

Dex-chan lover
It is a political term that adds nothing to the translation, it doesn't even refer to real group of people outside the context of western politics. The various tribes of Africa, South America, etc have no cultural or historical bond that merit linking them together in such a way. The word we have used in the west for decades to collectively refer to such individual groups was native or indigenous tribes.
So you just gonna ignore the next two pages of the manga huh?

Dex-chan lover
"That man despise the thought of joining any faith" goddamn that's some harsh word. I know that Japanese aren't really the most religious people and nobody wants to be forced to join any faith group. But that's one hostile wording used there.

Dex-chan lover
Anyone can see where's bayonet plug on the silhouette? Please not the barrel type...
Also Spain and a piece of west africa are gone on map at p.16 is :ROFLMAO:
Must be photoshop fault
They botched south and central America as well xd

Dex-chan lover
You'd think that some point she'd realize she needs something beyond just newer unknown futureland tech and bigger more better gun to win considering she keeps getting beaten time and time again with the battles playing out as they were in history despite such superiority.

Dex-chan lover
YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!! IT'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TODAY'S A WONDERFUL DAY!!!!! THANKS FOR THE CHAPTER!!!!!

Aggregator gang
Japan might not have had it yet. Remember they were a good 50-100 years behind the west in the firearms race. This lasted pretty much until the start of WW2.
That's false, Japan already had it, just google Tanegashima gun.

Fed-Kun's army
Is the mentioning of the Mughal empire and other races a hint for future contact with the wider world? It would be interesting if she made some sort of contact with the Islamic Gunpowder empires (Ottomans, Safavids, Mughals).

Also. I read before during that time, some Islamic missionaries made it to Japan from Southeast Asia to preach there.

Dex-chan lover
Love illustrating the whole "discrimination" thing with a world map that randomly erases countries; so poignant :ROFLMAO:

Dex-chan lover
Either a breech loader or a rifled musket, my bet is on a breech loader

Dex-chan lover
Japan might not have had it yet. Remember they were a good 50-100 years behind the west in the firearms race. This lasted pretty much until the start of WW2.
They were behind on manufacturing them but period modern firearms does exist on the period as imports

Double-page supporter
I see what you're saying, but to me overly modern language juxtaposed with a historical setting feels out of place in a negative way by itself, even if it's spoken by a narrator, doubly so when it's a somewhat contentious term. I would feel the same if the narrator had said 'disabled' in the original text and the translation instead used 'differently abled'. I'd prefer translations not try to 'improve' the source material like that.

Users who are viewing this thread