Sengoku Youko

Finally just sat down and powered through this. Probably my least favorite of Mizukami Satoshi's works... but when it's in the company of Spirit Circle and Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, being the "least favorite" of those is hardly a criticism. I just don't much like shounen action nor the Sengoku period, and it still held me all the way through.

Fed-Kun's army
there is not that much romance in this isnt it ? and the tragedy tag involve the main characters ?

Dex-chan lover
A truly beautiful manga. Love all the characters, they all have proper development. The ending is perfect as well. Really a rare gem.

@Nerrin comment made me want to comment myself :).
Sengoku one is my fovourite of Mizukami, maybe because I'm a big shonen boy but I don't think it is the main reason. I think this title is a bit more ambitious than the other 2 and I love the big surprise we have mid-serie. I'm not sure many authors would have dare it

@migh the romance is really not the main part of the plot neither is the tragedy unless you want only happy moments

R71

Immersive read and paced well to boot. It deserves the high rating.

Really interesting story that has amazing characters.
Great ending that leaves one fully satisfied. Highly recommended!

Congrats on getting through your releases, Big Sneef. Been holding off on starting this until you got through them. Thanks.

fantastic. very japanese, in a great way. as always satoshi's pacing and endings are flawless. def read this.

What an amazing manga 🤩 The story is really gripping, the artwork is stunning and every character is well developed. Excellent! 10/10

Dex-chan lover
I liked this ending quite a lot.
Immortality (he did mention a time limit though so he might die eventually?) was handled very well. The only complaint I have is that Tama wasn't shown which is sad but I guess she was really sidelined after part 1.
Part 2 was definetly better than Part 1 though Part 1 was decent too.
Part of that is because Senya was a much better protagonist than Jinka/Tama.
I do think it started to drag a bit towards the end but the VERY FINAL chapters were really good.
I disliked that Shaku was brought back and ultimately it didn't really matter to the story and killed the impact of her death. But I really like Shinsuke and I'm glad he got a happy end so I'm going to overlook her resurrection as I just want him to be happy.
It's obvious but Shinsuke was my favourite character. His entire character arc was amazing and I loved the different relationships he had with everyone. He had his ups and downs but overall I think he lived a good life with plenty of people who respect/love/ care about him so i'm happy about that. This series also had some preety great art at times which is nice. Overall I would have to give it a 9/10 and definetly worth a read.

I was really into this manga at first, but
after Shinsuke was sidelined
I read this manga without smile on my face. To be honest after that, I read this manga because I already read half, and I didn't want for the time I spent reading this go to waste.

Fed-Kun's army
It's pretty good and worth your time.
I might be some overly obsessed fangirl but HOLY SHIT Shinsuke you crazy Bastard
His story is just beautifully written. From a dude who wants to become strong to a revenge driven Swordsmen to a slightly depressed drunkard to a fucking DEMON HAREM LORD(not really a harem but you should know what I'm talking about)
I was really afraid that he will become useless but BAM he turns demons into vegans and doesn't become strong through fightingpower but through his understanding of demons.
Everyone went through a good bit of characterdevelopement, don't get me wrong. But Shinsuke just fucking carried the story.
*fangirlmode out* so that is what I wanted to let out. HAIL SHINSUKE

Hey, I remember reading this masterpiece, I was happy, but i would've been happier if Shinsuke actually became on par with the others, but that's just his character, that's just how he's supposed to be. Here for the 2nd read, I wanna feel nostalgic and feel this manga again.

It was a bit boring in the beginning but it escalates fast. 10/10 probably the best manga I have ever read, this is even better than spirit circle if you read it.

i love how some characters just know the whole story so you can associate with them, the thing that always make me sad is how everybody forget who they are and what they did, and god the ending was fucking good

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Users who are viewing this thread