Senken no Majutsushi to Yobareta Kenshi - Vol. 3 Ch. 13

So he's gonna murder a few great demons to protecc his daughters, quite logical I must say.

Dex-chan lover
Some readers were asking the author when LN Vol 5 will be released despite the abundance of source WN material (it's been about 10 months since Vol 4 came out).

The author says unfortunately they don't have authority on that, that's up to the publisher (likely they'll consider if the LN sales figures are good enough to justify further releases). They assure they will still continue the WN story even if no more new novels are released.

https://mypage.syosetu.com/mypageblog/view/userid/221661/blogkey/2509925/

PS. Author recently provided a world map of the Countless Swords universe.
https://mypage.syosetu.com/mypageblog/view/userid/221661/blogkey/2524336/

The way he's threatening him feels pretty weak. The words he used are too cliché. I just felt cringe instead of fear.

Dex-chan lover
So... if I was the spymaster for this country, I would employ the bartender to listen in on all the information brokers conversations. Sure you might not pick up everything, but something like this drops in your lap, and just paid for the bartenders salary for the year...

Irregardless of the bartender being a spy or not, the dude is still standing there behind the bar as you threaten on of his more frequent patrons... not to mention anyone else within earshot.

On a side note, while I normally dont condone the murder route, people who can look the other while when children are used as hostages and sacrifices are no longer really humans in my eyes. Some people are just too far gone to let live. If what happened at the fort wasnt warning enough, maybe there should be a change in the leadership... after all the king, his nobles and the priests are much closer and likely a whole lot weaker then the supposed "three demons"

Fed-Kun's army
So the guy who can take down that many soldiers shows up and you decide the best thing to do is to try and capture him? This guy seems like an idiot.

Dex-chan lover
@daxrocket
Well, to be fair, he likely did not know the full extent at which the army fought, and how the leader sacrificed most of his own men to power himself. Plus, he thought the girl did the bulk of the work too. So capturing her companion seemed acceptably logical at the time. Especially since he had sent a lot of men too. MC is not normal remember. He is one of a very few who could fight solo vs a group and win every time more or less.

Dex-chan lover
@JavelinJoe
Beg to differ. There were lots of witnesses when the MC defeated the gal, there were also all the survivors of the beast subjectation. If the broker knew they were both there, he would also know both were rather powerful. So sending a slightly skilled idoit after the MC was pure stupidity, and only functioned as a plot device to convey the info about the "three demons" *eyeroll*

Group Leader
I still can't get over that last credit page on the end. The twins are just TOO CUTE!!!

Also @insert_name I think that may have been the point to a certain extent. After all, like the Info broker said, the threat was illogical at best, and he seemed to be pretty overcome with his own emotions. It would make sense for him to not really care about his specific phrasing as long as his message was received, as the MC put it, regardless of how illogical it seems.

Though I maybe I'm just reading into it too deeply. Only the author truly knows.

@Miserys_End actually, the empire hid the fact that the MC and the girl were the ones who subjugated the monster. It would have tarnished their reputation if it got out that their army was wiped out.

Just murder the king and claim throne as yours, and Nale can be the queen and out law the church for making the twins look evil!

Double-page supporter
I don't what it is but something feels off but the story flow. Maybe everything seemed forced?

Double-page supporter
How about you make a name for yourself by destroying the whole kingdom? Or at least whatever cunt family it is that's hunting him? Would be a billion times more effective in stopping all the shit.
@zok7404 Rather than outlaw the church, kill everyone currently involved with the church and replace with people with brains.

Dex-chan lover
@hikufalafel
Yeah it feels that way. Like I guess he wanted to find out about Nale, but he also needed to cover them up. Why didn't he just pay this guy off to give out bad info to begin with? Did he really plan out that if the guy was smart he would get tailed and then use that as a bribe against the broker? I mean there's still no guarantee that the MC can even hunt this broker down. He can still just sell the info and run for his life, it's not like the MC has tracking magic (which if the MC HAD hunted him to a hidden location, that would've been fucking terrifying and I could see the threat working).

Also why did he keep insisting that the broker was good? It's not like he talked to anyone else lmao. At least give a little montage of bad brokers before just deciding this one is the best.

It's just strange, because it's written obtusely.

Users who are viewing this thread