Senken no Majutsushi to Yobareta Kenshi - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

A cliffhanger into another cliffhanger with the same cliffhanger from last one :l

Dex-chan lover
I do like how the leader teach the MC in this chapter. They were mercenary band, not knights. Honor is not more important than survival. I guess this is a hint that the people in the flashback were already died?

I think this flashback was actually pretty well done. His life was flashing before his eyes and he ended up remembering something he thought was pretty insignificant that could save his life now. Since the process of "your life flashing before your eyes" is theorized to be a survival instinct to try and rapidly find a solution to prevent your death, even memories you thought you forgot may come back. Only thing that's pretty wack is how there was specifically a time where he got to interact with mud in such a way that would benefit him now.

@ScarRazgriz Agreed, one of the only times I've read in manga where flashbacks actually help in the situation and not a bad guy "I did it for my dead family/best friend/small village" trope and makes the bad guy into a "decent" but dead guy.

Some premium garbage right here! Thanks for the chapter though to the folks at Whim.

Dex-chan lover
@melbisbelbis
I was thinking that was more non-Newtonian fluid, but I'm wondering if mud was one of them. I don't think surface tension alone can resist a punch, and if it would, then it would have resisted slowly pressing down into it too as far as I understand of it.

Dex-chan lover
"The slow blade penetrates the shield." -Sir Patrick Stewart(in Dune)

Words to live by.

Double-page supporter
Seriously.... The last few chapters have brought this series from a 7 to a 4/10... This is getting kinda trash... I like the science tho. Nice to see an author with some intelligence (even if their story telling is declining)

Dex-chan lover
@PrivatePublic
Isn't it because Holtzman shields are meant to protect against projectiles moving above a specified speed?
As a literary device, it meant that advanced weaponry couldn't be used and space kung fu was the only way.

Users who are viewing this thread