Senki to Yobareta Otoko, Ouke ni Ansatsu Saretara Musume wo Hiroi, Issho ni Slow Life wo Hajimeru - Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
@Twi
The mystery of who the mother is is covered in the WN's final arc. I should point out the reason why Ordoll can't remember the mother was because he never met her or even had normal sex with her. The girl was magically conceived using a sample of Ordoll's blood (taken without his knowledge) and ancient magic.

"Babies take 10 months and 10 days to grow in their mother's bellies."
"I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!"

*spits out drink* Huh? O_O? 10months + 10 days = Baby?
What sort of magical spell is that suppose to be? XD

Also @zz2000 -
So Maria is kind of like Wolverine's child-clone thing? And if that's the case, then why did whoever created her do such a thing in the first place and then afterwards leave her in Ordoll's village? Just seems really counterproductive if they went through so much trouble to make her that way instead of just kidnapping the baby of whatever woman Ordoll slept with. XD

Contributor
I’ve actually just seen the “10 months 10 days” thing in Kiss x Sis: https://mangadex.org/chapter/75369/15

The Japanese term is Totsukitooka (https://jisho.org/search/%E5%8D%81%E6%9C%88%E5%8D%81%E6%97%A5).

Dex-chan lover
@BlueCatMage
Yes, Maria is something like Ordoll's clone-child. As to why; it's a long explanation.

Turns out their world used to have this ancient highly advanced magic civilisation that was destroyed ages ago in an unknown disaster. A researcher used their last moments to imbue their will and knowledge into a necklace during that time. Millenia later, a female adventurer finds the necklace in the ancient civilisation's ruins and is possessed by the researchers' will.

The "will" believed the only way to reawaken the magic civilisation was to use a biological "key" within the ruins to activate the hidden technologies within. But the "key" needed to have the superior genetics or else it wouldn't work. So after investigating, the will (passing itself as a mysterious witch), determined Ordoll had the ideal genes, secretly stole a blood sample and impregnated themselves using Ordoll's blood (ancient magic allows magical pregnancies).

However when Maria was born, the witch found she was still insufficient to activate the ruins. Maria needed emotions and human will to be a proper key, and the witch didn't know anything of emotions (the ancients had long evolved beyond needing emotions or intimacy). So they decided to leave Maria with Ordoll, wait until she was sufficiently mentally developed, then come to collect her for the ruins reactivation.

@zz2000 - Wow. . . . just wow. O_O; And here I thought this story was just going to be something sweet and heartwarming, where the both of them teach each other how to be human and love each other as a family. Guess not! XD

Also. . . .
an ancient advanced magical civilization that has long since evolved beyond needing emotions or intimacy can stay dead for all I care! I wouldn't want to live in a world without either of those things regardless of how nice the magical technologies would be! And anyone who would make such a cutie like Maria only to use them as a sacrificial key for something as stupid as that definitely deserves a good ass-whooping~! >:D

Dex-chan lover
@BlueCatMage Don't worry, most of the story is sweet and heartwarming dad-daughter interaction/fluff. The mystery and worldbuilding stuff only becomes most prominent in the final 4th arc.

This is so cute and wholesome. Thank you so much for sharing! Can’t wait to see how this develops❤️

Aggregator gang
So it really isn't slow life if spoilers are to be believed huh, I just want to see people vibe hard i dont need these overarching huge stories

Double-page supporter
that's why when you assassinate you assassinate, not talk

He's a patriotic mercenary? Then become a knight. This plot & writing. sigh. Turn it around please author

"Why doesn't he just become a knight?"

First, commoner. Common trope that only nobles can become knights, and even if he could become a knight, he'd have to deal with a bunch of elitist idiots, like the one who tried to kill him. If he became a knight, he wouldn't have risen far.

Second, his troupe. Even if he becomes a knight, they might not get the same option. Breaking up the troupe would cause issues for the people who weren't able to become knights, especially if they only knew how to swing a sword.

Third, if he and his troupe became knights. He loses all agency as a mercenary leader. Knights have to follow orders, even stupid ones. And, considering the sheep squad was dumb enough to wake up their assassination target, set the house on fire (While inside), and never thought to confirm his death... I'm guessing there are a -lot- of stupid commanders in the knights.

Users who are viewing this thread