Senki to Yobareta Otoko, Ouke ni Ansatsu Saretara Musume wo Hiroi, Issho ni Slow Life wo Hajimeru - Ch. 5

Nice more please. Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can't wait for the next update.

Fed-Kun's army
@Kevadu yes swords are light, but they are actually pretty similar in weight to spears (at least the ones in the manga, those look like regular length spears). Swords are harder to use and feel heavier than spears because of how the weight is distributed while holding. spears you hold with 2 hands at a length apart, making the weight be more equally distributed along the body, while swords you have them pretty close together, of course, the counterweight (pommel) tries to mitigate this a little by making the center of balance closer to the handle but it can't do that perfectly.

@AMicrowave actually no, a longsword is about 1.5 kilos, and a broadsword is maybe 2.5 which is considerably light, while spears are 1-2 kilos (at least the variance in the manga)

@martinren123 that is a myth, katanas and European swords are similar in weight, (look above) katanas are 1.5 kilos. however, longswords are actually longer on average, while katanas are similar in weight because they are thicker than longswords. (katanas blade length are usually about 60 - 80 cm, while longswords are 90 - 110 cm).

@Ari2142 oh? you want crossbow rant? sure. you can't aim the tip of your bolt at where you wanna shoot, that will make you overshoot. They aren't as simple as load, aim, shoot, they take more training than aim and shoot to properly use. the energy isn't stored in the bowstring it's in the limbs. they are harder than you think to reload. and shooting it is most DEFINETLY not simple

@Ace435 Oh i see. I was like 6 when I held those swords so I can barely lift them. It might have actually been the distribution of weight then. Since If I remember correctly, I held the handle and for some dumb reason, my uncle unsheathed it for me. I cant really remember if the length is that different but the long sword does feel heavier for me.

Fed-Kun's army
This guy talks like he’s an isekai “she’s 16, she wouldn’t normally be swinging a sword but playing”
Wrong both in a village and for a noble, but right on earth.
In that kind of setting:
Nobles would train with weapons from an early age (putting sex aside).
Villagers would be helping with cooking, cleaning, working the farm.

Guess the author can’t keep his head in his own fantasy world while writing lol, where’s the mobile phones too?!

Dex-chan lover
Oh look! The threat that live so near the village but only being active when MC is here

Dex-chan lover
Snake is wondering where all the cows it was eating ran away to.

Its good to see an author who understands the benefits of a spear vs a sword. Cheaper, easier to learn etc... Just pointing the sharp end at a enemy and doing nothing else is a deterrence.

Cutest thing I've seen today, a pouting wolf
156268535_1095097241005987_9061168849649662527_n.png

Swords are actually fairly light, but they take more training to be most effective
And Where are Shields?!

When I think of it... Elisabeth is pretty much a huge reverse simp... why?

She threw her rank away, technically got disowned and cant be a knight anymore just for the sake of following him... lol

@BrotherLouieX3 to be his wife ofc...tho the way things are going atm im giving it 80:20 chance for her to be daughter zoned by him who knows with time this might change

Dex-chan lover
@alstwill Considering it's Japan, I very much doubt the author has ever held a sword in their hand. It's quite common in manga to see swords depicted as super heavy. A usual scene is a kid dragging one behind them, like a huge log.

Aggregator gang
So he had the time to go "to the east" and learn under an ascetic monk in the 5 years in which he left to fight in the war, led a mercenary company, learned to read and write by himself, carpentry, accounting, animal husbandry, cheese making, the particular habits of every magical beast, and a hundred other things. Also, he says "children normally play at 16", but when he was TWO years old he decided without being prompted to leave the house where he was being raised and go live in the forest by himself. Whose standards is he using when saying children should be playing at 16?

Plus, he's been gone 5 years, and we know he met Elizabeth at about the same time that he left, so he earned the "demon mercenary" nickname almost immediately after he left the village (and was throwing an 11 year old girl around as "practice"). So when did he stop being a mercenary to go to the east? And he also says they use the crossbow in the "west", so where exactly is this village, which belongs to neither the east nor the west.

Users who are viewing this thread