Senki to Yobareta Otoko, Ouke ni Ansatsu Saretara Musume wo Hiroi, Issho ni Slow Life wo Hajimeru - Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
@JamesHenderson1065

that's weird. I got the impression that he was crapping on the sword.
Though the whole throwable spear thing isn't European medieval combat.
Asian medieval combat tended to take an expendable weapon approach. Your sword or spears break, your partner behind you got a small stack of replacements.
Instead of reinforcing weapons, they tended to go for pincushion approach.

this guy literally can do anything, just like doraemon. but with a bit muscle head.
I think author really turn it to a basic logic. even ancient people can kill mammoth with spear, not with sword.

This village is going to become the last boss village, with every single defense villager stronger than an average knight.

Double-page supporter
I am so sick of this weird "swords are heavy" trope. The people writing these stories don't seem to know the first thing about actual weapons...

Real swords are light. Almost certainly lighter than those spears. Now I'm not against them using spears because, frankly, the spear is a better weapon. Particularly when fighting as a group. But not because "swords are too heavy" or some nonsense like that.

Also the story is getting a bit ridiculous with the MC's OPness. Probably going to drop this...

Dex-chan lover
human teaching wolf how to run?

7-a3204a36e6f0248efaccfd56613cd6618448d0b27596d9bed26b1722b9b38986.png

Double-page supporter
@Kevadu

These people are normal civilians that have never used a sword in their lives, of course it would feel heavy to them. The same way a assault rifle would feel heavy to me even though, obviously, it's not really that big of a deal if trained properly.

I remember holding a long sword for the first time. I know it would be heavy. But i never expected it to be that heavy. I almost cut my self lol. It was a display sword in my uncles home. Katana is a lot lighter though.

Double-page supporter
On the topic of weapon weight: yes, swords are technically light, especially in comparison to a sturdy spear.

However, unless you use a weapon for a significant amount of time, anything that is more than a few pounds is going to feel weird.

Moreso if you're going to be swinging it, and with a lot of your strength behind it.

I've held some longswords, and I can say right now those things are actually heavy to hold. If I pick it up from the middle with the scabbard, no problem. The weight of the blade however is extremely disorienting.

That said, for the given setting and assumed need to utilize farming tools, it does seem a bit off. At the very least, there should be no surprise, even with the idea that wielders of weapons swing them "effortlessly". Moreso for a shorter sword.

Double-page supporter
They really need to stop the trope with sword > spear

Aggregator gang
Playground ? Really ?
For all i know, medieval kids don't have no Playground, they had "plague"

Users who are viewing this thread