Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi - Vol. 7 Ch. 133

My eyes are literally bloodshot red from crying for the last hour, and I just threw up from the stress. I can't believe this happened again. This relationship is so inappropriate and I can't believe the author is still writing it. She just told him the jacket looks good on him, and a couple chapters ago flicked his forehead. Does the author not understand the crime he is committing? Does he think this is just an online comic and doesn't matter? What he's doing is essentially the same as IRL child abuse, in fact it might be worse. And the worst part is people still reading this! Does this author have a reddit account? I need to downvote his posts or something. t's happening. We are in 1930s Nazi Germany. We must resist.

Dex-chan lover
Just as a reminder, the age if consent with parental or guardian permission is 13, little brother is at least 16-17 here just a bit of a manlet. It's a different culture surrounding relationships, and you definitely don't have to approve of it, but just remember you're reading through the lens of a different culture rn.

Dex-chan lover
@Raze

You're absolutely right. I've alerted my local police station about this manga, I'm positive that a sex crime against a minor is being committed here by this author. He needs to go to prison for a long, long time.

Fed-Kun's army
No fucking way this boy is a high schooler, not with him looking like he's 10

@killthescribe

This is absolutely false. This is from old law that’s was never changed.

In addition, while the old federal law states consent is at 13, prefecture law overrides federal law in most cases. All prefectures of Japan have the age of consent at 18. Stop spreading this bullshit nonsense that gets constantly echoed.

Aggregator gang
@Teasday
I actually like language notes very much, both what you and mtl anon posted. The only mistake that there had to be ckntext translation in the bubble. I don't see point complaining about additional information itself.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Dudley Because it's completely pointless information on top of being weeby as hell and not even fully correct. Otsukaresama in this context is trivially easy to translate, it's not some magical untranslateable Japanese incantation that you have to get the full context of in order to fully appreciate. It just means "see you" in this case. If you want to learn entry-level Japanese, read an entry-level text book instead of thinking notes left by someone who uses machine translations are going to be accurate.

@Teasday I really appreciate the attempt of a translator to keep a unique word rather than trying to localize it which loses its meaning. Here Yuuto uses "Otsukaresama" because he was being appreciative of the fact that she's a hard worker when she mentions she's meeting a co-worker even though it's Christmas. To translate it as just "see you" would lose the author's intent here and lessen the impact of the panel. Just like in the earlier chapter when Sakurai whispers "moshi moshi" to Kazama it had more impact to me than if it had been changed to "hello" or "hi there" .. I actually heard her say it while reading it and it made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

Aggregator gang
@Teasday
Nope, I don't want to learn japanese. As I said, and you somewhat too, the problem is that the actual translation had to be put into a speech bubble. Some translation notes that you don't have to read are nice and if they make you angry by sheer weebiness/misdirection/choice of words/existence, you have freedom to ignore it, because other people may like it. If you think my opinion is flawed I would like to listen to what you have to say, because right know I can't fathom why you mind the note as well as bad translation.
Or maybe this is hypocritical of me. Anyway, this wasn't meant to be some sort of insult, I just don't understand. I won't mind if you don't want to react to this tangent.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@chris49ford It's not a "unique word" where properly translating it would lose any kind of authoritarial intent, it's a super common greeting. It's normal everyday Japanese and there are ways to translate it to English. This is unironically as silly as arguing that the English phrase "hello there" should be left untranslated in the Finnish subtitles of the Revenge of the Sith rather than risk losing its unique meaning when there's no 100% exact literal Finnish equivalent for it.

You're quite literally fetishizing a language for absolutely no reason other than - I have to assume - that you're unfamiliar with it and you like manga. By the way, did you know that Yuuto already said "otsukaresama desu" on page 3 where it was properly translated as "good evening"? Was the meaningful impact lessened?

@Dudley posted:

right know I can't fathom why you mind the note as well as bad translation
Mostly because notes like these are something most self-respecting fan translators stopped doing like over a decade ago. There's a reason "just according to keikaku" is a meme.

Plus I don't like it when people are mislead, intentionally or otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
@SunJeong You realise that the age of consent is 18 in regards to statutory rape and not in regards to the actual dating culture I was referring to right? While yes the Child Welfare Act (and Tokyo's Youth Protection Law) forbids sexual acts with anyone under 18, the thing I referenced is in regards to romantic feelings and like I said, is usually approved by a parent or guardian to avoid jail time. I don't know what you thought I was implying but it is literally a different culture surrounding relationships in Japan. Sorry you got offended by me explaining that. I don't approve of it, nor am I saying anyone has to.

still best couple, still love how people always lose their shit these two are the main focus and comments turn into a warzone, only reason why I keep reading this stupid sappy shit

Can't wait until there's a timeline where he grows and fills out that hoodie and stylishly swoops her off her feet with some smooth moves.

Is this comment section some kind of contest for easy-to-trigger retards to out themselves? Because so far it's working.

Users who are viewing this thread