Senpai, Oishiidesu ka? - Vol. 3 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
Wha-what teh fcuk?!
Man this could've gone for 30 more chapters and I would've eaten it like candy.
That was great, a bit mixed on the ending, but great!
Thanks for all your hardwork!

Power Uploader
This seems to be following a trend I have been noticing with newer series in they are only lasting 3-5 volumes.

Either way thanks for the work!
Yuri series often last only 3-5 volumes, unless it's popular enough to have an anime. Then it might have a chance to approach double digit.

Dex-chan lover
Ending already?! It was so good tho and an enjoyable read. Wish it was a little longer tho. :angery:

Thanks as always Zestie!!

Double-page supporter
thought this one would go a little longer :( at least they got a happy ending.

and sorry for being away for a while, I'll be working on gohan no otomo ni shinigami to and picking up another series once I've caught up with it.
Yeah I knew this was the last chapter, I do wish it went on longer - I love Mikanuji's work.
I hope you're doing okay and I'm glad you're back! Thanks as always for the great translation and hard work.

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow, it ended!?
Like, the series wasn't doing that bad reception wise, sure, it wasn't ultra popular, but it wasn't a flop per se, you can easily find way worse performing Yuri manga with way more chapters right now. Something which was also reflected on the publisher's ranking, where it landed right in the middle, not part of the popular club, but not part of the unpopular ones.

ALSO, chapters constantly received a decent reception on Twitter with active engagement, so it never seemed like a "flop manga".

So, all this screams "Mangaka decided to cut it short" more than anything else, after all, they've been going at this for 2 years now, so them getting bored isn't out of the question, especially when compared to how their doujinshi activities are doing RN (Their Bocchi The Rock material is hella popular).

Of course... all of this is pure speculation.

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the translation!

damn shame to see it end so soon but at least it was sweet

Supporter
The 3-volume yuri curse! It's harder to tell for non-Shonen Jump series, but when a manga ends at just three volumes it's natural to suspect cancellation, especially if the ending seems abrupt. It's a shame; this wasn't my favorite series, but I though senpai was an interesting character, and it felt like there could have been more development.

Thanks to zeztie for bringing us this series!

Dex-chan lover
Lately a lot of yuri mangas end very suddenly. I've seen at least 3 of them be axed last month, which is kinda sad. I wonder why

Fed-Kun's army
That was adorable 😭 the way it ended was so them it's precious af 💞 definitely one I'll read again and again 💝

Welp, looks like the mighty axe has fallen. Cute little story but sad to see it go. At least it had a happy end

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow, I’m not the only one surprised this series ended abruptly, but at least it ended very gay! Big thanks to zestie for bringing this one out for us! I will always love yuri cooking manga, and this one had some special bonuses too!

loved it from the start til the end, was a bit sad that it ended so soon
;( .

Dex-chan lover
Time to finish this after putting it on hold after chapter 16. Wasn't expecting to see this end so soon. Like maybe a volume or two more, at least to figure out why senpai can't taste. Or maybe I was just reading this the wrong way, focusing too much on that taste issue since it feels like it was being brought up so often.

Dex-chan lover
it didn't surpass the 2/3 volume curse, I see. Unfortunate, but this was a fun series

Users who are viewing this thread