Sensitive Boy - Ch. 37 - I was saved by you

Dex-chan lover
Yep, as I commented before, nigh impossible coincidences.

He just so happens to have caught the idol who became his moral support seconds from jumping off to her death conveniently right next to his house.

What ridiculous stroke of fate is next? They where actually related all along did not know it?

Dex-chan lover
Having talked with a retired train driver, he told in no ambiguous words that folks who decide to end their days by jumping in front of a train cause a whole lot of emotional damage to the driver of the train. But then again, a person who's about to kill themselves isn't probably thinking so much about such external things. So, yeah, all forms of suicide are not trouble free, by far, to outsiders.

my brother in christ she’s a manic pixie dream girl

Dunno. On one hand, she certainly is, but on the other hand, whose dream girl would be someone depressed enough to try to kill themselves? Of course in fiction she could be totally healed by the guy, but if you think about the first arc of this series, it didn't have a Disney end, so in this series, this Kurusu Kanon girl might still end up in the grave. Although I won't really expect that to happen.

Dex-chan lover
Do you think someone who's enduring enough pain that after considering everything, they can only come up with the answer that the only way out left is death actually cares about muh-property-value?

Dex-chan lover
You know, I don't think its selfish or horrible to not want someone who is able bodied to die, even if you don't want to bang them.

It shouldn't be a feeling reserved for a romantic partner.

But this is a manga about sensitive people so I guess there's only one road that this can go down

Dex-chan lover
... Is he... Conflicted? Unsure?

Just tell the truth. He recognizes her based on her voice from the streams he used to watch. Like, sure, maybe it's a little awkward, but it's still far and away the best choice. What is he going to do, not tell her? Then what? Give a different excuse as to why he is someone who cares?

I saw the last page and just felt like it's an easy choice to tell her. You know what's even funnier in a meta way? Izumi had those thoughts from the afterword. He can still think about the situation and reflect on what is most appropriate for him to do. So he should obviously just tell her.

Dex-chan lover
... Is he... Conflicted? Unsure?

Just tell the truth. He recognizes her based on her voice from the streams he used to watch. Like, sure, maybe it's a little awkward, but it's still far and away the best choice. What is he going to do, not tell her? Then what? Give a different excuse as to why he is someone who cares?

I saw the last page and just felt like it's an easy choice to tell her. You know what's even funnier in a meta way? Izumi had those thoughts from the afterword. He can still think about the situation and reflect on what is most appropriate for him to do. So he should obviously just tell her.

I actually think you aren't far off. I predict the drama that eventually ensues will involve him getting to know her on a personal level and become friends which will make her think there is someone who genuinely cares about her, only for the shoe to drop that he knew she was his Oshi the entire time and then all that work will evaporate since now she can only see his altruism as just him supporting her on stream character and not because he actually came to like her as a person.

Then they'll go through another cycle of her being suicidal and calling him a liar/fraud and he'll have to prove that while that was the inciting incident for getting closer to her, he did truly come to like her as a person after getting to know the real her. Finally, they'll remain as friends and she'll quit streaming (her anxiety and depression is likely caused by antis OR she used streaming as an outlet to have attention lavished on her due to some other drama but now she doesn't need it anymore) and the story will end with him opening up to his friends about being lonely as well.

Dex-chan lover
I actually think you aren't far off. I predict the drama that eventually ensues will involve him getting to know her on a personal level and become friends which will make her think there is someone who genuinely cares about her, only for the shoe to drop that he knew she was his Oshi the entire time and then all that work will evaporate since now she can only see his altruism as just him supporting her on stream character and not because he actually came to like her as a person.

Then they'll go through another cycle of her being suicidal and calling him a liar/fraud and he'll have to prove that while that was the inciting incident for getting closer to her, he did truly come to like her as a person after getting to know the real her. Finally, they'll remain as friends and she'll quit streaming (her anxiety and depression is likely caused by antis OR she used streaming as an outlet to have attention lavished on her due to some other drama but now she doesn't need it anymore) and the story will end with him opening up to his friends about being lonely as well.
I suppose what you said is possible, but I think the entire series is ending next chapter? Or the one after that. I don't think there's enough space to do that properly.

For those who forgot, a few chapters back, it said the series was ending in X chapters.

Dex-chan lover
I suppose what you said is possible, but I think the entire series is ending next chapter? Or the one after that. I don't think there's enough space to do that properly.

For those who forgot, a few chapters back, it said the series was ending in X chapters.
Wait what? It's ending just as a new arc starts?

I guess this is more like some extras then if so.

Dex-chan lover
This ark is probably tackling parasocial relationships, which his super relevant more so than ever in our current era.

Thanks everyone at Tanzanite Scans for the translation

Dex-chan lover
This situation is much more tropy to me, but will reserve judgement until it develops a bit more

Dex-chan lover
Yep, as I commented before, nigh impossible coincidences.

He just so happens to have caught the idol who became his moral support seconds from jumping off to her death conveniently right next to his house.

What ridiculous stroke of fate is next? They where actually related all along did not know it?
It's convenient but not impossible. I got the feeling they just lived in the same building or complex, not necessarily neighbors.

After a strong start with the Kaede arc, I'm starting to get annoyed by the dialogue. They didn't speak to each other, rather they sounded like they were lecturing the audience. Like yeah man, I don't know anything about your problems, I don't have to take responsibility for every facet of your being in order to not want you to die. Honestly, I question whether people who say that would ever hold themselves to that standard.

Dex-chan lover
Do you think someone who's enduring enough pain that after considering everything, they can only come up with the answer that the only way out left is death actually cares about muh-property-value?
If anything, they'd be more likely to actually do it in spite.

Dex-chan lover
It's probably gonna get worse before it gets better, like the previous arc. Or y'know like how a story usually goes.

Dex-chan lover

Uh...do you have a source for that? I literally just went through the past 10 chapters and didn't see any mention about the manga ending. The only thing even remotely close was mentioning that Kaede's arc specifically was ending soon (which it did like 1 chapter later) and that the new arc would follow Kaede's timeline wise.

Nothing in the chapters since then has indicated that this arc is short or that the series as a whole is ending prematurely.

Users who are viewing this thread