Sensitive Boy - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - I need to tell her

Dex-chan lover
Holy moly, this chad had actually balls to talk his problems so soon. Dude has more mental strenght than half of the shonen protagonists.

Dex-chan lover
She's not the type to make it a gossip but she may tell her friends who would...

Tho I still think it's better for him to admit that to someone he would like to pursue.

Dex-chan lover
I kinda hope this doesn't work out. It's very clear that he doesn't really want a relationship, he just wants to move on with his life and be normal. you can't force that by forcing yourself to do what you think are normal things and pretending you don't have anxiety and ptsd.

I hope the school nurse can help him out like that.

Dex-chan lover
This is the most character-appropriate thing and something he absolutely needed to share. His wild swings and behavior make perfect sense once you understand his background.

I don't think it counts as trauma dumping when someone wants to date you and you're explaining why it might be hard for both of you. Don't let twitter define things for you, cause it's just going to end up nonsense.

Dex-chan lover
I kinda hope this doesn't work out. It's very clear that he doesn't really want a relationship, he just wants to move on with his life and be normal. you can't force that by forcing yourself to do what you think are normal things and pretending you don't have anxiety and ptsd.

I hope the school nurse can help him out like that.
ohh the girl has her own shit going on that will pan out over the next 13 chapters .... the manga is not just about his issuses from the raws that am up at the mo

Dex-chan lover
Don't see what's wrong with coming out with the truth. Especially if it's something that can have a huge impact on the development of their relationship.
It would have been better for him to start by saying, "I like you." And then go on to drop the bomb.
Basically, "I like you. That's why I want to be honest with you. In middle school I was the victim of a sexual assault done by a woman. I'm a lot better now, but I haven't gotten completely over it. That's why I lashed out last time when you unexpectedly touched me. Because this is important, I wanted you to know about it before we became a couple. If it's too much for you... I understand..."

Starting with, "Yo, I got raped in middle school", is too abrupt for most people. I agree that is important to talk about it, but it's not something you talk about in the first 2 minutes of a conversation unless you are talking to your psychologist specifically because of that event.

Group Leader
Woah I thought he would start with "I'm sometimes not comfortable with being touched" or something, but he went straight for it.
Well, hopefully it works out.
I thought he was gonna confess in his own way.

Dex-chan lover
things gettin messyyyyy I have no idea how this will develop... welp I need some wholesomeness in the chp

Dex-chan lover
God I really hope it doesn't turn out that her mother was the one who raped the boy, his trust in women will completely shatter probably
Nah I didn’t even think of this, if that’s what happened then that’s foul

Dex-chan lover
Im actually surprised that there are some people who thinks hes being too direct and that it is too soon to tell her. What did you actually expects him to do?

Dex-chan lover
Woah! He told her. I was thinking he might go as far as to say "something bad happened to me in Middle school" but..wow...i wonder how she will react.

Users who are viewing this thread