Sensitive Boy - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Is this fine?

Dex-chan lover
Well I may be the weird ass here thinking that the way she put it is like she thinks he has been molested too. He didn’t say he got rape so she assumed he has been molested too. Idk got misunderstanding vibes from it. Maybe I just read it wrong

Dex-chan lover
Wow. Well, this is definitely unpleasant and slightly uncomfortable, but not unrealistic by far. You can say it was her attempt at trauma bonding that didn't go well (it rarely does), and that last thought she had ("He shared his dark past with me, it means I'm special!") is something I'm kinda familiar with, too. Embarrassingly so.

I agree with the statement that has been repeated in the comments throughout these chapters: they are teenagers who still have no idea how to handle these topics. Heck, most adults would be happy to make Kaede's confession all about themselves...
I'm getting quite a few red flags here so I can't say I like this girl, but she can still grow and learn. Most of all though, I just want our boy to be happy :c

Dex-chan lover
The main problem is that he doesn't want to be with her because he likes her he wants to be with her because he wants to be normal. This does not progress the healing process like he hope it wlll. At least he has his bros to watch his back for him.
they had a date already and he openly admitted he enjoyed his time with her, sure its partially because he wants to be "normal" but I dont believe he wouldve gone out with her if that was his only motivation

Dex-chan lover
I get it, she has good intentions trying to make him feel better, but she’s comparing his extremley traumatic situation to something that (still shouldn’t happen) isnt as extreme as what he went through. It was by a teacher, someone whom he most likely trusted, which makes the betrayal even worse, whereas when you get molested on public transport, its most likely someone youve never met. But comparing situations usually has a negative effect on the person who is opening up to you. So I think she doesn’t have any ill intent, but it ended up going badly and now unless they communicate properly, their relationship is going to go downhill.

Dex-chan lover
"my dad beat me up everyday when I was a child"
"damn thats crazy, I got beaten up once in highschool too!"
Being molested is not the same as getting beaten up in highschool. Well, it might seem not much if we compare it to MC's situation but it's not something which could be considered something light.

To be honest, he said "sexual harm" and did not talk about what kind nor did he object her (I get why he didn't). Yes, the majority of people would assume the worst but keep it in mind that he's a guy and they live in Japan, almost nobody in Japan would assume that he got raped by a woman. She did reach a fairly good conclusion considering the amount of information she received. I don't think the girl is at any kind of fault here.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
She did reach a fairly good conclusion considering the amount of information she received. I don't think the girl is at any kind of fault here.
Yeah, I more or less read it in the same way, her being overly eager to "relate" and "connect" while not having all the necessary details to understand the gravity of the situation. That said, she does seem a bit... desperate when it comes to this whole relationship thing.

Dex-chan lover
Something is very off. I got this uneasy feeling atm but maybe it'll be fine...:pepehmm:

Thanks for the chapter as always! :coffee:

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it is just me, but "I was the victim of sexual harm from a woman" sure is a mouthful and awkwardly worded. Is it that way in the Japanese version too, and is it the MC deliberately trying to not use the hard R-word? Maybe the girl misunderstood him because he awkwardly worded it, using a vague synonym, and she thought it was 'just' groping and not 'straight-up' rape? (I hate writing it like this.)

Dex-chan lover
Damn, poor MC his tradegy got compared with that... but also, that final part? Hmmm... I don't like where this is going

Dex-chan lover
Bro this girl is dangerous, this girl is definitely dengerous stay away from her before too late.

Well FUCK... I haven't felt so bad after reading a chapter in a long time. Did anyone else feel the same way? She completely downplayed his situation, and she's totally not prepared for this relationship. Also I'm curious to see what his friend was going to say before the teacher interrupted him.

Something is off but at the same time this is what is expected from high-schooler opening up about their trauma without professional guidance. One couldn't convey it clearly because he's still in doubt over how much he could share, and the other is trying to 'console' him by giving similar experience (whether it's a lie or not). Now I kinda want to check the raw lmao

Users who are viewing this thread