Sensitive Boy - Vol. 4 Ch. 32 - The value of "normal"

Supporter
uc

Dex-chan lover
I do prefer the "option" of Rio not having "unusual" or traumatic experiences. She has had experiences that she doesn't like to remember, but they're not extremely traumatic.

It makes the story seem more natural if that's the case. Instead of just having these coincidences of people with different traumas all meeting by chance, it's just an adult who has more life experiences able to provide some guidance.

That's not to say Rio didn't have some traumatic experiences. I don't know. I just feel like the story would be more natural if not.
This, that's one of the reasons why i dropped boy's abyss, the whole town was fucking mental asylum

Dex-chan lover
Rio best girl.
It’s true, can confirm.

Nice little wrap up to this arc, a surprise relationship between Rio and the nurse from school, and Kaede is probably going to grow from this. I really hope there’s a sort of friendship between our boy and Rio in the works, it would be cool to see them check in on each other every now and again.

It seems from the afterword that Rio’s part in the story is done though, which is fitting. There’s no big reveal or trauma to unearth, just an adult woman living her best life and imparting wisdom on wayward teens…Rio coffee shop spin-off when?

Dex-chan lover
So the nurse is Rio's brother-in-law. Pretty sure it was hinted at in earlier chapters, but it's nice to see it be confirmed.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for catching up with the raws. Looking forward to the continued translation :)

That was a good way to close this chapter and not to leave this hanging for too long. Now we're sure Rio is a trustworthy adult and that she also cherishes the work-related relationship she has with Seto, so even we don't see her before a few charpters, she is a positive character who can be relied on in the future. But now it's time to move forward...

Dex-chan lover
With Rio's connection to the nurse guy that helps Kaede, I don't think this is the last time we will see her.

Seems that her sister's death is being left on hold for later plot use.
Author did explicitly say "for now". Too good of a character not to utilize again, with " side-story" potential and an "easy" connection (easy in that she's tied in to another supporting character, not that setting it up and executing it this well is easy).

As ever, thank you for scanlating.

Dex-chan lover
Ohhh, the school nurse was her brother. Neat.
By the way, ch 33 is already in the paid premium version of ganma app, going by the thumbnail preview, it would seem we may finally see the moment we have all been anxious for:

It shows Tsubasa and Kaede meeting again
I don't know why this awful character needs to keep appearing, she needs to exit the story. Her arc is over.

Ohhh, the school nurse was her brother. Neat.

I don't know why this awful character needs to keep appearing, she needs to exit the story. Her arc is over.
Her arc is definitely not over. Y’all are hating so much on a teenager it’s really unbelievable. You don’t have to like her, but the author does have more in store for her (and us) to learn. Let the author cook once again.

Users who are viewing this thread