Sensou Kyoushitsu - Vol. 6 Ch. 17 - The War Diocese

Group Leader
I
Oh, before I forget

@Iambonsai @blueherozx1 While I have you folks' attentions, hope it's okay for me to ask this: before you eventually move onto Ch 18, will you first do Side Story 1? It's just that Side Story 1 was actually published in the magazine in-between 17 and 18, and I was wondering if you intend on doing the same?

Alternatively, did Side Story 1 wind up compiled into say, the end of Volume 6? If so, can wait until after you're done with its chapters, might even work better content-wise.
It's okay, feel free to make question and analysis we need these feedback and yes we will release it!!

Dex-chan lover
This series always has such cool and unique uses for what seem like really niche powers, crazy how a power that on the surface seems kinda useless hard counters what's basically limitless
Excuse me, but are you referring to Cora's power? Why did you assume it's useless?

Dex-chan lover
Excuse me, but are you referring to Cora's power? Why did you assume it's useless?
Eh, useless isn't exactly the right word, but for a "healing" ability, it's a lot more situational than you'd typically expect, only being able to transfer wounds and not actually heal them means someone still has to take the brunt of the damage, defensively it only works so well because they have another guy who's pretty much immortal, using it offensively like this is a nice subversion that shows ingenuity on the part of the characters and the writer for being able to show the strengths of what seems like a very niche power

Dex-chan lover
Eh, useless isn't exactly the right word, but for a "healing" ability, it's a lot more situational than you'd typically expect, only being able to transfer wounds and not actually heal them means someone still has to take the brunt of the damage, defensively it only works so well because they have another guy who's pretty much immortal, using it offensively like this is a nice subversion that shows ingenuity on the part of the characters and the writer for being able to show the strengths of what seems like a very niche power
I see I see. Pardon me for asking that of you in such a manner, because I was curious about something.

See, in the past I had a look through the authors' Twitter account, and in turn the Volume Extras that they had posted up there. From those, I saw a greater extent of Cora's power, and so when this chapter was originally published I went in with a different impression of her capabilities.
Thus did I inquire your opinion, as one who didn't have the bias I did.

https://x.com/sora_toumori/status/1594554633686749184
Here's the link to Daily Routine Notebook 6 that shows her playing "medic"

Dex-chan lover
Time weaving + starlight = …. Feel like the theme here is that the Rami we’re familiar with are just scratching the surface of their powers conceptually. The fact he’s controlling light and the orientation of stars ( it’s probably not an illusion but he’s actually moving celestial objects), conveying that information selectively and through audio signaling is just a mental limitation he’s artificially created. Like the mirror chick who was limited by manifesting her transdimensional abilities using mirrors
Someone else in this comment said the rami powers has a slight sense of scifi and futuristic vibe to it. Seems like they're limited by what they know and their power could be more powerful than they thought. Like Zoe being called the time weaver. Does she actually had the power to control the effect of flow of time on certain things but is only using it on her body? Or how about Poppy only being able to bend arrow? What else can she bend if she actually tried? Which brings to question why does the empire want Zoe and Lucas only? Perhaps their power are beyond broken and the empire knows it. Hell, maybe the meteor ramus power are how our cast power can work if they were properly taught.

Seriously, this story has so much potential

Users who are viewing this thread