Sentai Daishikkaku - Vol. 14 Ch. 125 - Three-Way Battle, Part 25

Dex-chan lover
And we have officially reached the end of the IRA arc. Was hoping for a more proper denoument, but it seems like a common thing in this manga is rushing right from status quo shift to new normal without always focusing on how the characters feel. Still, it was overall a pretty good arc- messy at points, but I think it wrapped up nicely by the end. I think this manga will definitely hit at least the 200 chapter mark.

Dex-chan lover
control. he's the public face, but his personality is dangerous/tiresome to keep under control. and they have the technology, so it's simpler to erase the annoyance and start over
But still, make a clone with no memories or history that stays in-suit/concealed, etc. Shift the replacement to someone slightly similar each time, and in a few years, they should be free of trying to match that hard.
Unless they're open about other rangers deaths, the suits seem to hide it fairly well, and even if the story is "passing the mantel" they can do that with the concealed clone a few years later. There doesn't seem to be any special reason to only force Red to be biologically the same forever.

Dex-chan lover
There doesn't seem to be any special reason to only force Red to be biologically the same forever.
fair enough. i don't think there was any explicit reason so far given in the series, so we can only speculate. given how much the series relies on tokusatsu tropes, it could be something related to actually being the red ranger that they are so worried about changing who it is, or maybe red is the only one they can safely clone. who knows

Dex-chan lover
WE'RE SO BACK!!

I guess that explains why he survive a stab wound. I wonder though, the rangers' reactions when Red killed someone seems to imply it's not his first time, so the problem might be caused by that memory. What's the point of cloning someone if they don't remember it though? Hmm, I'm a bit confused.

Dex-chan lover
lol so it's not over yet? I'm really confused with the story tho. We are so back

Dex-chan lover
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO A TIMESKIP

I hope Chidori survives; he's one tough guy, right? Great to see Hwalipon bite it. Funny how Shippo just rolls with Hibiki's new squad. Cool how Hibiki gets his own standing pose like D did in chapter 1. Now that his idealism is obliterated, I wonder what he'll do next. Plus there's everyone who isn't accounted for right now, like Shion and whatsherface vs. Peltrola or Urabe and XX. And then there's the potential of Sesera surviving. She'll probably end up in a coma and be double-crippled though.

Dex-chan lover
This makes me pretty excited. I was kind of expecting a rising action like this and even a bit of a timeskip because of Suzukiri, but not only her, but now Sakurama. It's interesting to see how these three characters whom we basically started with have gone in these directions and it feels like they may be all three building their own kinda mini teams to reach the climax of the story.

Of course it wouldn't have been that clean if they ended with the Rangers still being shits and going about so I'm expecting things to also develop here with those shitty li'l dragons also.

I wonder if the year and two months will have a significant effect on Footsoldier D after spending so long with Usokubo. Kinda hoping he also takes the opportunity to do some training somehow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread