Sentai Daishikkaku

This one fell off. Text and dialogue everywhere adding nothing to the plot, too many unnecessary characters, story arcs that feels like it is made at the last minute.
The plot is going damn nowhere and the only good thing about this is the artstyle 6/10.

Author should've just focused with the early characters.

Dex-chan lover
This is hype af. Read it. MC is a great underdog who is never going to be OP, but doggedly refuses to give up and continues to struggle toward "victory" but that goal slowly morphs as the character develops. Its good, I like it, read it.

Dex-chan lover
This one fell off. Text and dialogue everywhere adding nothing to the plot, too many unnecessary characters, story arcs that feels like it is made at the last minute.
The plot is going damn nowhere and the only good thing about this is the artstyle 6/10.

Author should've just focused with the early characters.
Well you should've kept with it. Early characters are coming full circle back into the plot as of chapter 105 to now (ch. 116).

Well you should've kept with it. Early characters are coming full circle back into the plot as of chapter 105 to now (ch. 116).
I don't think he dropped it early enough not to see what your answer was.

I say that because I'm all up to date and agree with what he said, it's 6/10.

It's difficult to feel hype, like I'm trying but it's not happening with so many characters, so many backstories, so many side characters and a lot of unnecessary interactions and dialog. All of it bogs down the pacing and plot, I'm not following who is who and what agenda they have, most of the time I'm lost on what is going on and constant backstory and dialog about nothing just makes things difficult to comprehend. I like some characters, but there are a lot more that I don't care a bit and they have a lot of screen time that I just want to skip or will forget even happened.

Like who are the rangers? How many of them? what is each and everyone's name? I don't know aside from 1 or 2 at most. Also, why Hibiki Sakurama is a character? What is his deal? I thought that when he returned he had a lot of potential to stir the plot in a right direction, but he's just a standing character with no meaningful dialog or contribution (aside from his sister death). What happened to invaders at their base? Like are they just sitting there? They had someone being looked over by, but in current plot what is going on?

I have so many issue's with the story and pacing that it's difficult to find positive's aside from art and character design. I even forgot that there was a lot mystery in the beginning which was interesting figure it out, but in the end it wasn't eyes opening or story twisting kind of revelation.

Super sentai but the villain is anti-heroes… pretty neat, like The Boys though so, I loved it even more

To be honest, I get where everyone coming but still, I still like this one, although got drag quite too mich

Dex-chan lover
Completely mediocre. This artist should let someone else do the writing. And probably also design the panel layouts and storyboards.

Group Leader
I'm so lost right now. What's going on? Are those red ranger chapter in the past, of during death Messiah death? I don't understand anything anymore
The Red Keeper chapters took place in the interval after D locked Death Messiah up. Six months in. It was mentioned during Hisui's chapter "Interlude". During those chapters, we saw flashbacks to Red and Sanae's shared past.

I'm so lost right now. What's going on? Are those red ranger chapter in the past, of during death Messiah death? I don't understand anything anymore
Some time after death messiah, the keepers did a coup against red, because of how he was largely responsible for the rangers being almost dissolved (from when he crushed that guys hand). He was washed away by the river, lost his memory, and taken in Sanae, where he stayed for a few months. Eventually, the events of the chapters play out, which end up with him joining the Neo-Rangers and taking back his 'real name'. This happened six months or more before soldier D left his confinement.

i’m glad i didn’t drop it after the conference part. It started going all over the place that i couldn’t comprehend and follow what was going on. but after the war arc, the pacing of the story is now stable again, which prevented me from dropping it.

Dex-chan lover
I agree that its hard to keep up with. They do insert too many story lines and characters without enough context. I have to look up who people are sometimes just to follow what's going on...
i still like it though.
I don't think he dropped it early enough not to see what your answer was.

I say that because I'm all up to date and agree with what he said, it's 6/10.

It's difficult to feel hype, like I'm trying but it's not happening with so many characters, so many backstories, so many side characters and a lot of unnecessary interactions and dialog. All of it bogs down the pacing and plot, I'm not following who is who and what agenda they have, most of the time I'm lost on what is going on and constant backstory and dialog about nothing just makes things difficult to comprehend. I like some characters, but there are a lot more that I don't care a bit and they have a lot of screen time that I just want to skip or will forget even happened.

Like who are the rangers? How many of them? what is each and everyone's name? I don't know aside from 1 or 2 at most. Also, why Hibiki Sakurama is a character? What is his deal? I thought that when he returned he had a lot of potential to stir the plot in a right direction, but he's just a standing character with no meaningful dialog or contribution (aside from his sister death). What happened to invaders at their base? Like are they just sitting there? They had someone being looked over by, but in current plot what is going on?

I have so many issue's with the story and pacing that it's difficult to find positive's aside from art and character design. I even forgot that there was a lot mystery in the beginning which was interesting figure it out, but in the end it wasn't eyes opening or story twisting kind of revelation.

Dex-chan lover
Somehow the longer I read this the more dissatisfied I felt. It doesnt feel as rewarding after each arc. Sure the novelty carried the manga at earlier volume, in the end it is prolong for the sake of longer serialization without clear structure/objective for reader to anticipate.

Aggregator gang
Been following this for a while and I think I'm going to put it on hold to read, the art and plot premise are excellent, the execution however falls flat, it's like a cake that has a large size and outstanding design but tastes bland and hollow inside

Supporter
I'm dropping this score from 8/10 to 5/10.

The writing and characters lack consistency.

It alternates between comedy and seriousness. But how am I supposed to take it seriously when the MC is so unbelievably stubborn? He has a goal, but he keeps undermining his own purposes by switching back and forth? Does he have bipolar disorder?

All the characters have their own agendas and aren't purely good or evil: Good writing
Many of the characters have Batman-levels of plot armor. Bad writing.
All the characters do stupid things that undermine their own agendas: Very bad writing.

Fed-Kun's army
Seems there's a consensus on this one. the core is good, the art is okay, the execution is anarchic.

Such a weird melting pot of good and interresting ideas... but goddamn this drags on and on... the MC cant complete diddy squat unless it's an accident.. all these stereotypes and copy pasted scenarios and environments...
you get the highschool that resets, the zoo with evil monsters, the floating evil circular city/spaceship chained to the ground, the underground training grounds... all sorts of ideas i've seen more than a dozen times by now and arent exceptionally handled here either

Users who are viewing this thread