Sesame Salt and Pudding - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - Chapter 13

deep inside i feel bad and understand hibiki stand point, i hope he will move on and apologize bcs all he did was trying to win his love desperately all this time but in the end he lose, i get that at this moment all he think will be "why not me?" take your time boyyyy.
thank you and i cant wait for next chapter bcs ughh cant get enough of haruhi and ossan uhuuu i hope i find a man like ossan but not the 20 yrs age gap hmm

Aggregator gang
I understand Ryuji and Hibiki but if they force Haruhi, then she'll never be happy, and they have to understand that.

Group Leader
I don't think that Ryuuji was a dumbass for trying to set her up with Hibiki.
They got along really well, he had a good job, didn't act like a nut case. Hibiki honestly seemed like a good fit, for her, if she didn't already have someone, and he didn't know about that.

I mean, she did tell him but I get why he didn't believe her at first lol...

But if he had pushed after knowing what Hibiki's done I wouldn't trust his judgement anymore. I think he'll come around, but I'd also be really creeped out if my child came home with a spouse twice her age and the same age as me, a parent. She's an adult yeah, it feels like she's barely left the nest so I can see why it's pretty weird for him.

Honestly, I feel zero pity for Hibiki. Brooding, sulking, and victimizing yourself after trying to assault your own romantic interest without any form of previous provocation or whatsoever? Bro ya ain’t in angsty high school phase anymore. Realize your own mistakes, man up, apologize properly to the wronged parties and eventually move on. Being a close childhood/old friend literally does not excuse everything you’ve done.

Dad is understandably relatable though, I was brought up in a strict Asian environment and my own father acts exactly like Ryuji to me and my big sis especially when it’s regarding boys haha. As long as dad doesn’t turn into a complete ass, story is showing quite nice progression as of now so hopefully it’ll get steered back to the goodness shown in earlier chapters. Also, black haired Haruhi is extra cute.

Group Leader
Idk why everyone is talking about how they can understand Hibiki--why would you still want to be friends with someone who tried to assault you after you turned him down? Why would you try to justify it. He was in the wrong. She screamed for him to stop and he was still holding her. AND HE THREW HER RING. He can stay in his room pouting--that's his issue.

I understand why Ryuji might be concerned because of the age gap bc there's often a difference in power--however, they've made it clear in their relationship that the division of labor/power is equal. They truly care for each other. I like older men too lol. Granted, I don't think I'd go that much older (since Im the same age as Haruhi), but there is an appeal in someone who isn't childish anymore/has already matured.

Her dad's reaction is completely understandable.

I've dated women with a large age gap between us, so I've experienced this before. It's refreshing realism.

Eat shit, Hibiki. Also, the dad's reaction is totally understandable!! I'd be pretty unhinged too if i was in his place, esp. considering that the husband is... literally 4 yrs younger than him HAHAHAHA

Thank you for the update!

In real life I would also be greatly concerned about such a large age gap. Especially because of how much health care costs and how little they both make. Although I think Japan provides a lot of its healthcare for free to its citizens so that is less of a concern! Also I’d worry about an unequal power dynamic between them with an age gap but this couple has shown us they respect each other =)

Honestly!!! This story is so cute!! I happened upon it with the chapter 10 release and drank it up. I can't get enough! Thank you for all the updates!

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Hibiki reacts to age gap: everyone trashes him

Dad reacts to age gap: everyone ho-hums in agreement

As usual, the comment section delivers

Nothing new, ossan still is the best! I'm sure father will approve and we already see him starting doing so
That guy can keep sulking and I won't feel anything, I have a bad feeling that it was brought up for her to hear and then forgive him, and I can only say no no no
I'm gonna be hella pissed if she forgives him
He didn't even reflect on his behaviour at all, he's feeling bad only bc she rejected him

Fed-Kun's army
@BCS I mean Hibiki shouldn't have a say in who she is seeing in the first place and reacts the way he does only because he wants her to be with him instead of the other guy when the father is her father (obviously) and reacts the way he does because he is worried for her so the difference in reaction in the comments is justified imo. Also Hibiki's actions throughout the whole thing aren't helping him.

Oh, man, I have the feeling that the reason why her father has such a problem with the age gap isn't the age gap itself, but the fact that Ossan might live less than Haruhi. I mean, he is 4 years younger than her father and her mother is already dead, her father is probably worried of Haruhi being left alone in a future where he and Ossan pass away around the same time

@Safire13 I didn't think about it like that yet. Seems quite reasonable, also put a lump in my throat. That's quite sad to imagine.

Honestly, that flashback to baby Haruhi got me going. I really felt for the dad because he's probably super worried about his daughter and all sorts of situations that might happen, even regardless of the age gap. I feel like her dad is normally just the overprotective type because its his only daughter. I don't agree with him but I understand wahhhh

Dex-chan lover
If I were him I'd be a little spooked staying in my 20yr old gfs childhood room, would really highlight the age difference, kill the boner.

Users who are viewing this thread