Setting Things Straight With Brats - Ch. 18 - A Manga Where The Girl Who Used To Bully Me Becomes My Little Sister

Dex-chan lover
We weren't shown the torment she gave him.
Is the usual pick on the person you like to have a reason to be close to them when not showing your real feelings.
We have only seen her ripping apart a love letter, but that is it, we barely got 1 flashback and she insulted him and destroyed something of his, it was so he wouldn't get a girlfriend but please read the guy thoughts, he was agreeing on her on being worth nothing, she broke a kid.

Dex-chan lover
This time, she didn't really do anything that bad to warrant such an extreme reaction from the boy.

Dude has something not screwed right in the head.
Not sure how you get that idea, but bullying can be crippling even if it happens during a rather short time and might even require a lot of psychotherapy to cure the effects of.
His reaction is frankly rather tame, not like trying to physically harm/kill her.

Dex-chan lover
ahh man i was waiting for the unalive part wth why postpone it

Dex-chan lover
Hold on, daughter of my mother-in-law (sister-in-law)? Shouldn't it be stepmother?
Because the former implies that Otaku-kun got married to the brat's sister, but the story clearly suggests that it was his father who got remarried.
Yes it should be step-. JP uses the same word for abc in-law and step-abc.
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/義母

Aggregator gang
Too tame, however it still fits within the concept of the title and after giving it some thought, I'm okay with it. Closure is great for the psyche, especially when it's so simple that you can just move on with your life after getting that shit out of your chest.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Reading those stories is kinda cathartic. Those stories are so short, cause its like your typical idiotic story made real. Girl bullies you, instead of typical long tsundere stupid story where MC keeps getting bullied till the tsundere finally becomes nice, we get a proper reactions, so the stories are short, less than chapter worth really.

Its similar to like a lot of movies, where if you made character behave logically, or make things overall make sense, like 90% of movies wouldn't be even 10 minutes long, or there wouldn't be need to make them in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread